IGNORED

Any soap people?

notsocommon

I have made soap on and off for years, I do hot and cold process lye soaps. I usw to like making it a lot, but have been lazy and haven't made any in a while.

I have done m&p on and off. I would like to do the the lye soap but the lye factor rather scares me. I can be a bit of a klutz in situations calling for extreme care which is why I am scared of using the lye.

Right now I am making some lavender m&p soap using lavender buds harvested from my garden.

• 1 month later...

I've been making soap using the melt and pour method for over five years. I really enjoy experimenting with scents and colorants. I make them primarily for myself and as gifts for my friends and family. My mom loved the jasmine and vanilla soap I gave her for her b-day. I've also sold some of my soap, but I really think I'd like to teach people how to make soap.

• 1 month later...

I like recycling soap. Taking hotel soap and little clumps, and adding coconut oil and scents. It's nice.

• 7 months later...
I like recycling soap. Taking hotel soap and little clumps, and adding coconut oil and scents. It's nice.

How do you do this?

• 2 months later...

OMG I just got my M & P soap supplies in February I haven't been able to use them yet. I'm so excited.

I plan at some point to be brave enough to use the lye and create my own(CP then eventually HP), but I want to start out with baby steps.

I'm so excited, I've wanted to do this since last June.

I don't make soap but We like to buy soaps that people make here in portland there are quite a few people that make it. what we are after besides a cool smell is a soap that takes care of dry skin. I discovered a simple test to know right away how well a soap does the job. When you use it and your skin is still wet the stickier or tackier your skin feels right after you wash the better the soap does to lube you skin.

• 1 year later...

Not soap but along those same lines I have been trying to make bath fizzeez and shower steamers. They are trickier than one would suspect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived