IGNORED

That's Not a Troll, Patrice...

GolightlyGrrl

....That's someone who disagrees with you.

rural-revolution.com/2013/03/the-unkindness-of-strangers.html#comment-form

For some reason, a commenter at Patrice Lewis' blog, "Rural Revolution," decided to leave a bunch of comments for certain posts. The commenter mostly disagreed with Patrice and was able to disagree in what I think, is a respectful manner. But Patrice being Patrice, got in a tizzy, called this commenter a troll, and posted a shout out to her leghumpers that they should defend her honor.

Dear fundies and other political/religious/racist crazies,

GTFO of my state--like yesterday. You're embarrassing those of us who aren't hateful, closed minded whackadoos. :angry-screaming:

Wow, most of the comments are downright arrogant, rude and even cruel. Calling her stupid, ignorant, clueless, accusing her of having an abortion and feeling guilty and other just insane and ridiculous stuff. What a nice bunch to be around, don't ya think?

:roll:

Patrie must not understand what PUBLIC blog means and freedom of expression. What a tool. :roll:

If he wants to see trolls, we've got some we could send him. He seems to function on their level. Maybe they'd enjoy each other.

I think it's kind of trollish/weird to find a blog and make comments on posts from months ago, especially if it is just to argue. But it's also obvious that Patrice has no idea what trolling really is. It's not comments that are (mostly) polite and respectful, offering another view.

Oh well. It just reaffirms my prejudice towards conservative Christians. Unable to separate their religion from public policy, intolerant of differences, unwilling to participate in conversation, and incapable of challenging their thought processes. Not to mention the complete lack of reading comprehension and wild accusations. And the fact that "you must have had an abortion" - what is that? Is that supposed to be an insult? Not a very good one.

Archived