IGNORED

"The Bible" Premieres Tonight on History

GeoBQn

I'm watching for the wonderful cheesetastic-ness. After about a month of lurking this is my first post :)

If Mary had Jesus around 12-14, adding 33 years would make her 47-ish. That would be young for menopause, but not completely unheard of.

It can happen. The sooner a woman starts having her period the sooner menopause can come on.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone hear the issue about the actor they got to play Satan? They say that he looks like oboma and it just a conidience. I call bull hockey.

Anyone hear the issue about the actor they got to play Satan? They say that he looks like oboma and it just a conidience. I call bull hockey.

The fuck? :evil: But if the anti-Christ was a white neo-con, who was anti-LGBT and abortion, they'd all be up in arms.

• 3 months later...

NBC has picked up a sequel "A.D.: Beyond the Bible"

“It will begin in the dark days after Jesus’ betrayal and death. A perfect storm brews in the Holy Land, fueled by social injustice, Roman military oppression and religious unrest. High priests and the Herod dynasty vie for power. Zealot revolutionaries turn to violence to regain what they believe is their promised land. And in the face of terrible odds and brutal persecution, the small band of Jesus’ disciples stand against the combined might of Rome and their own local authorities. In a generation of rebellion, war, famine, and carnage, who can they trust? Who should they fear? Will tomorrow bring a violent death? For many, it does … but others survive, and as the storm around them breaks, the fate of Israel, of Rome and of their faith is decided.†:pink-shock:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/01/nbc-t ... ?hpt=hp_t3

I'm also one who couldn't watch it with the fiancee in the room as he doesn't like it when I snark about the Bible, or say that God is a sociopath who required someone to die a really nasty death in order for sins to be forgiven. The thing is, crucifixion is a nasty way to die. Now, I did enjoy the Betty Brodrick movies when they were shown on the LMN a couple of weeks ago.

NBC has picked up a sequel "A.D.: Beyond the Bible"

“It will begin in the dark days after Jesus’ betrayal and death. A perfect storm brews in the Holy Land, fueled by social injustice, Roman military oppression and religious unrest. High priests and the Herod dynasty vie for power. Zealot revolutionaries turn to violence to regain what they believe is their promised land. And in the face of terrible odds and brutal persecution, the small band of Jesus’ disciples stand against the combined might of Rome and their own local authorities. In a generation of rebellion, war, famine, and carnage, who can they trust? Who should they fear? Will tomorrow bring a violent death? For many, it does … but others survive, and as the storm around them breaks, the fate of Israel, of Rome and of their faith is decided.†:pink-shock:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/01/nbc-t ... ?hpt=hp_t3

Sounds like a documentary version of The Storykeepers.

As for The Bible, after a good minute of fangirling over Keith David's voice as the narrator, I quickly lost interest. Not what I was hoping for, to say the least. Oddly enough, my super fundie mother refused to watch it because it messed with the biblical accuracy.

It is absolutely beyond my ability to comprehend how anybody, fundie or otherwise, could sit through a single episode of that schlock and think, "Hey! This is pretty good!" And now I find that there is another series coming. :wtf: It is a mockery. Pure and simple. It's laughable, and I find it hard to believe that it does one iota to advance the cause of Christianity. It's just so...bad. Really, I'm at a loss.

Archived