IGNORED

Adam and Valerie Waller expecting

lilith

When josh and Anna first got married, the first 6 months or so of their marriage, Anna was seen carrying around a wristlet that said "Joshy's Girl". I can't remember which episode they showed it but I'm pretty sure it's one of the episodes before Anna is pregnant. Maybe it's the one where Anna cooks dinner for the duggar clan (new duggars on the block) but I'm not sure.

Wasn't there also a pillowcase?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there also a pillowcase?

Yes there was a pillowcase. IIRC it showed up during the engagement but I'm not finding any pictures of it.

When josh and Anna first got married, the first 6 months or so of their marriage, Anna was seen carrying around a wristlet that said "Joshy's Girl". I can't remember which episode they showed it but I'm pretty sure it's one of the episodes before Anna is pregnant. Maybe it's the one where Anna cooks dinner for the duggar clan (new duggars on the block) but I'm not sure.

It was a makeup bag, seen during her chaperoned trip to Arkansas after they became engaged.

And yes, she slept with a pillow bearing a photo of her and Josh in matching brown shirts. The pillow still graced their bed.

But, but what fun is Settlers of Catan if you can't ask ' do you have wood?' without silly giggles ? ( I just gave away the kind of people I play with didn't I? )

The best is asking if someone has wood for your sheep. It's a legitimate question, yet sounds so wrong. ;)

The pillow is in this video:

YqexEoKihpA

Around 5:12

And the Josh's Girl bag is in this video:

mJQYmzijFCE

Around the 2 minute mark

I never noticed the pillowcase! So awkward! Although I guess if you can't hug the real version of the guy you are courting you could hug the pillow?! I don't want to go there.

The best is asking if someone has wood for your sheep. It's a legitimate question, yet sounds so wrong. ;)

Yeh that one :whistle: living in the land of sheep that one is extra fun. I get the feeling I'm never going to get to play with fundies, oh well :P

It's a pretty fun game, and completely unrelated to anything fundy. I'm honestly not sure why they seem to like that game in particular.

It's a really fun game! It was actually recommended to us by fundies but those fundies think we're heathens and we fell in love with it. We're totally unholy and run bets when we play it. There might also be swearing on occasion. I don't know why all the fundies love it, but this the one thing they're right about.

On second thought, another one they're right about is Carcassonne. The fundies love it.

Wow, I don't think I'd realized just how jaded-looking and sounding Anna has become until I watched these clips again just now.

Wow, I don't think I'd realized just how jaded-looking and sounding Anna has become until I watched these clips again just now.[/quote

interesting how so

:D

Yes they are. Sigh.

Can't wait their man-child being born soon - then all the 3 can wear matching outfits!

This will be Davy & Priscilla in a few years:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThL2_Wl6yZ8XlyatUH0HFwa3xHK0zHK0x1aaWX5BTy9oZvmJmkdXL73coF

It's a really fun game! It was actually recommended to us by fundies but those fundies think we're heathens and we fell in love with it. We're totally unholy and run bets when we play it. There might also be swearing on occasion. I don't know why all the fundies love it, but this the one thing they're right about.

On second thought, another one they're right about is Carcassonne. The fundies love it.

Settlers of Catan and Carsassonne are my two favorite games. They both have tons of expansions and can be an expensive investment, but they are definitely worth it if you love games. Settlers is kind of like Monopoly and Risk, but much better because the board is different each time and everyone gets to play until the end. My family has spent hours playing it. They are something that would appeal to almost anyone...except for the Settlers of the Stone Age. I don't think fundies would go for that spinoff. :lol:

On the Mueller family blog's post about Adam & Valerie's anniversary, there are scans of the wedding program. Some personal information is visible on it. I'm wondering if I should leave a polite comment in the chance that it's inadvertent. Maybe I'm an ass for pointing this out. Maybe they don't care. I don't know.

I won't have anyone slamming Settlers of Catan! It's a great game, a strategy/economics game where there's a randomness component but you get to use your head (and by and large, the best strategy wins). The board is different each time and each player plays till the end. The structure of the game means the scores are close so nobody feels like a loser.

Ours tend to involve futures trading ("I'll trade you a resource now for some of your resources in the future") and auctions ("who will pay me so I won't put the robber on their square"). Don't forget interest payments, but sometimes the people we are with disallow that sort of thing.

Of course, ours also tend to involve jokes like wanting grasslands so that they can raise livestock for sexual purposes and the fact that the robber looks like a butt plug.

Monopoly is too random and Risk is too dependent on a small number of Nash equilibrium. Settlers of Catan for the win!

Not on the topic, but what does Adam do for a living? Also how old is this couple. Looking at their pictures I would guess at least mid 30's.

Not on the topic, but what does Adam do for a living? Also how old is this couple. Looking at their pictures I would guess at least mid 30's.

That's way more on topic than Settlers of Catan.

I think Adam works for IBLP, like David not sure of his position. No idea about Valerie.

Adam was born in 1980 and Valerie was born in 1981, so yep, both are in their early 30s. As for Adam, I think he also works for IBLP but I'm not sure exactly what he does.

Seems there were pictures on (maybe the Waller?) blog showing Adam routing cables behind a large multi-component computer system. I was surprised when Adam's blog had technical/programming issues a few days ago.

Fundies like it - the Andersons and the Duggars have also mentioned it.

Really? I would have thought they wouldn't.

According to Wikipedia it's pretty popular in America. I'm American and I've never played it. So I dunno. Here's the Wikipedia gist of the game (I suppose I can see why it might appeal to fundies...maybe?):

It's a very fun game -- I think it's more typically associated with nerds (see Big Bang Theory -- there's an episode where they play it on there, and 30 Rock -- an epsiode where they play a game I believe is meant to be a satire of Settlers of Catan) than fundies. I have friends who are drawing my husband and me into their large group of highly educated and mostly liberal board game fanatics, and they're the ones who introduced me to Settlers, and now I play it on my iPad, with the various expansion packs. :)

I've never gotten to play Settlers of Catan - I've never had enough people around at the time, boo.

I might have to look into computer versions, lol.

I'm by no means saying anything against the game, don't worry. It just surprised me that fundies would play it.

Did anyone else find it interesting that Adam mentioned Valerie doing side projects on their blog? I took that to mean she was able to do freelance work. Also of note interesting that Adam doesn't seem as though he was pressured into marriage by his parents like David. They mention ministering in their chuch, which makes me wonder is it a brick and mortar church or a home church.

I've never gotten to Settlers of Catan - I've never had enough people around at the time, boo.

I might have to look into computer versions, lol.

I'm by no means saying anything against the game, don't worry. It just surprised me that fundies would play it.

You can also buy it for regular Kindle (doesn't have to be Kindle Fire). Which means my Kindle has resulted in a little less reading than I intended. You can play against "computer" players.

It's a very fun game -- I think it's more typically associated with nerds (see Big Bang Theory -- there's an episode where they play it on there, and 30 Rock -- an epsiode where they play a game I believe is meant to be a satire of Settlers of Catan) than fundies. I have friends who are drawing my husband and me into their large group of highly educated and mostly liberal board game fanatics, and they're the ones who introduced me to Settlers, and now I play it on my iPad, with the various expansion packs. :)

Sorry to continue the Settlers chat but Flyaway thanks for the tip on computer versions I really like that game! I enjoy gaming and would not see why funnies like this game but maybe it's because they have limited activities they can do and games like these could take hours. Would love to see them play Talisman hahahaha

Archived