IGNORED

Houseplants

shedemei

Recovery continues after 15 months. This plant's looking a lot better. I should probably prune it back, but I kinda like the weird stalky look.

2014-06-25%2009.27.57.jpg

I also dragged out my AeroGarden and asked for tomato plant starters this Christmas. Behold my success! I shall eat the fruits of my labor soon.

2014-06-25%2009.26.51.jpg

My boyfriend and I bought a house in the PNW with a north-facing garden. In a few months I am sure I'll have some more sad photos for you.

Recovery continues after 15 months. This plant's looking a lot better. I should probably prune it back, but I kinda like the weird stalky look.

2014-06-25%2009.27.57.jpg

I also dragged out my AeroGarden and asked for tomato plant starters this Christmas. Behold my success! I shall eat the fruits of my labor soon.

2014-06-25%2009.26.51.jpg

My boyfriend and I bought a house in the PNW with a north-facing garden. In a few months I am sure I'll have some more sad photos for you.

It' recovering nicely. If you need low-light plants, just ask, I know a few that survive in gloom. Aglaonema, snake plant, hostas, coleus (which the local deer either don't like or haven't noticed yet).

I realized recently - my spider plants haven't spawned in a few years, at least 4, maybe more. I haven't repotted them, so it must be something other than lack of being rootbound. Not enough water, probably, since twice a month seems to be as often as I can remember. :(

• 5 months later...

Shit. I did it again. So far the poor plant looks shocked and droopy, but hasn't dropped any leaves so far even if some died.

I should tape a sign to the thermostats in my house to remind myself that it's time to move the plants out of the window if it's cold enough to turn the heat on.

post-1829-14451999727934_thumb.jpg

I so wish I could have plants in my house, but the feline headship will have none of it....even the ones that good for kitties.

• 4 months later...
I so wish I could have plants in my house, but the feline headship will have none of it....even the ones that good for kitties.

Mine ate a peace lily. Peace lilies are NOT good for kitties. $200+ vet bill and the peace lily went outside where it promptly died. I replaced it with a (nontoxic) spider plant...which also died.

My pet lovebirds "pruned" a miniature rose I had received as a gift. They left me some two inch stems and destroyed the rest.

No more house plants here. I've moved on to outside plants. I'm currently working on killing some "Southern Charm" azaleas that don't have more than a dozen leaves left.

I just killed my kitchen window Basil plant. It sits right behind the sink, yet I forgot to water it for over a week. RIP Basil.

I just killed my kitchen window Basil plant. It sits right behind the sink, yet I forgot to water it for over a week. RIP Basil.

Have you ever tried those watering globes (I think that's what they're called)? Those worked for me for a while until I started forgetting to refill the globes. Lol but I also killed a cactus once, so maybe I should just step away from the plants.

• 2 months later...

My feline headships don't like houseplants, even the ones that are great for kitties. Still, I've killed an English lavender because the pot wasn't big enough, and it was all roots. As I'm in drought prone California, the more drought tolerant plants I have, the more I can neglect them.

You can you just have to choose well cactus work very well (G)

Archived