IGNORED

Evangelical Leader Says Anti-Gay Advocates Being 'Ostracized

doggie

Idiot and I do mean idiot is going on and on about live and let live while acting like the kkk towards the LGBT community. But I guess it is ok when you are on the christian side to hate but god forbid if someone stands up to that. Poor persecuted christian Cant run everyone's lives and feels so used because of it.

The article really nails him on the crap so good for them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/2 ... 84411.html

A man Time magazine once called one of America's most influential evangelicals has claimed that people who disagree with homosexuality are in danger of being "ostracized" like the Ku Klux Klan.

During a recent interview with the Heritage Foundation's "Istook Live" radio program, Southern Baptist leader Richard Land bemoaned the fate of those who dared to disagree with LGBT activists.

Speaking about the Boy Scouts' decision to continue (at least for the moment) its ban on gays and lesbians, Land said that while he doesn't treat members of the LGBT community differently, many LGBT activists do not afford others like him the same courtesy.

“They do not believe in a live and let live philosophy,†the president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission told host Ernest Istook. “Let’s be very clear about what their agenda is, their agenda is to have the homosexual lifestyle affirmed by society as healthy and normal and as a perfectly acceptable to young people and to have those who disagree with that ostracized to the level of being Ku Klux Klansmen.â€

Right, because they're sure as fuck all about live and let live. Epic level of stupidity. Diagram needed to tell ass from hole in ground for these folks.

Don't be getting up into my grill and hatting on me. Just because I hate on you I am right and you should just submit and not hate back. The arrogance of these people who know gay is a choice is amazing.

Bwahhahahahahaha! I laugh in your face, Richard Land. May you, your bigotry, and your fellow bigots fling yourselves into oblivion.

Well... yeah? Because we are beginning to realize that attempting to limit the civil rights of homosexuals is just as bad as limiting the civil rights of blacks? And the public expression of stupid and unpleasant ideas has always been a totally legitimate reason to ostracize someone?

What an asshole. If you call interaction between children and (group x) as child abuse, you do not get to claim that you don't treat (group x) differently than anyone else.

It seems like the only way the BGLT community can be persecuted if it's by non-religious people. So if another group is persecuted by Christians in the name of religion it's just ok because Christians are practicing their beliefs? What bullshit. :evil:

They are like a cancer in society. What do you do with cancer? You remove it, and try to prevent it from attacking healthy tissue. So yeah, ostracism? Sounds good to me.

They should be ostracized.

And fuck off with the 'CHRISTIANS ARE BEING PERSCUETED' crap just because the majority doesn't agree with your views.

Oh noes! The poor fundies can't persecute the gays so therefore they are being persecuted. :roll:

If they are being treated like the KKK it is only because they are acting like the KKK. If they don't want to be treated like that group, well stop acting that way.

Yeah – they're being ostracized with book deals and TV appearances and pulpits in mega-churches. Ugh; poor bigots. Is there some place I can send money for those put-upon assholes?

Ten bucks says that this dude cruises at reststops.

HAH! That is a "sucker's bet" and you know it.

Yeah, I know. LOL

“They do not believe in a live and let live philosophy,â€

Well, it's not like they actually believe in it themselves, either. Or else they wouldn't be harping on and on about the so-called dangers of homosexuality. As for the guy who said that, cry me a fucking river.

During a recent interview with the Heritage Foundation's "Istook Live" radio program, Southern Baptist leader Richard Land bemoaned the fate of those who dared to disagree with LGBT activists.

I remember a time when the Heritage Foundation was considered a legitimate think tank. What happened to it if it's trotting out douchebags like this?

Archived