IGNORED

Duggar funny

Kitchen Princess

A very Christian woman marries a very Christian man. Following the words of the Bible, "Be fruitful and multiply," they have many children. 16 over the course of 18 years, to be exact.

A few years later, the husband dies suddenly of a heart attack. The lady remarries another man, and they have 17 children over the course of 22 years. The woman's second husband dies of old age.

The woman herself dies a few years later. At her funeral, her sister remarks, "Well, at least they're finally together."

"Who? She and her husbands?" asks the pastor.

"No," says the sister. "Her legs."

Theoretically possible, assuming yo start at 12, and hit menopause at 52. Unlikely but possible.

Theoretically possible, assuming yo start at 12, and hit menopause at 52. Unlikely but possible.

Sure, but I hope no "godly Christian man" was (hypothetically) knocking her up at twelve.

Sure, but I hope no "godly Christian man" was (hypothetically) knocking her up at twelve.

It really depends on what era you're talking about. In previous generations, women were married as soon as they started their period. And, even today there are some cults that encourage the marriage of girls who have just started their periods.

A very Christian woman marries a very Christian man. Following the words of the Bible, "Be fruitful and multiply," they have many children. 15 over the course of 15 years, to be exact.

On their sixteenth anniversary, the husband dies suddenly of a heart attack while trying to make baby number 16. The lady remarries another man, and they have 12 more children, one a year for the next 12 years. On year 13 the new husband dies trying to do his duty to make another baby. Shortly after the woman dies as well.

At her funeral, her sister remarks, "Well, at least they're finally together."

"Who? She and her husbands?" asks the pastor.

"No," says the sister. "Her legs."

There, everyone happy ?

She could be roughly 18 at first marriage, and 48 when second husband dies. K ?

There, everyone happy ?

She could be roughly 18 at first marriage, and 48 when second husband dies. K ?

Much better. The feasible reality is horrific enough, it needs no exaggeration.

What, she has forty years of fertility?

Eh, maybe she has a slew of multiples in there.

Creaky Steel, I loved your joke regardless of whether or not it seemed improbable.

There was a woman in Russia that had somewhere around 60 kids. I don't remember the exact number, but, IIRC, she had multiple sets of multiples. If anybody has a Guinness Book handy, it's in there.

The average age of menarche has dropped over the decades and centuries. 250 years ago, girls did not get their periods until their mid-teens. Now the average age is 11 or 12.

Creaky Steel, I loved your joke regardless of whether or not it seemed improbable.

There was a woman in Russia that had somewhere around 60 kids. I don't remember the exact number, but, IIRC, she had multiple sets of multiples. If anybody has a Guinness Book handy, it's in there.

The average age of menarche has dropped over the decades and centuries. 250 years ago, girls did not get their periods until their mid-teens. Now the average age is 11 or 12.

I remember who u r talking about. I have had several Guniess books & she was in some of the 1st books I had.

I found this: http://idiotsguides.com/static/didyoukn ... ilyev.html

In 1725, Mrs. Feodor Vassilyev gave birth to her first child. There was nothing remarkable about the child (or the birth), except that he was the first of a brood that would make his mother famous.

Between 1725 and 1765, this wife of a Russian peasant gave birth to 69 children in 27 births, making her the record holder for the most children birthed by a single woman. What makes the record even more remarkable is the number of multiple births—16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets—and the fact that 67 of the 69 survived infancy. Sadly, little else is known about this remarkable woman, such as her birth and death dates, or even her first name. It was documented, however that her extraordinary achievement garnered her an audience with the Russian Empress.

Although Mrs. Vassilyev does hold the record for number of children, she does not hold the record for number of births. That record belongs to a 17th-century woman named Elizabeth Greenhill, who had 39 children, all of whom (with the exception of two pairs of twins) were single births. Mrs. Greenhill’s husband died before the birth of their last son, but is she is reported to have said that, had he lived, she would have had at least 2 or 3 more children.

I cant imagine how hard it would be to have 69 children in 27 years. Imagine looking after baby triplets and toddler quadruplets and triplets and two sets of preschool aged twins (with loads of older kids as well) while being pregnant with twins.

I am having so much fun imagining Mrs. Fyodor Vasiliev having a chat with Catherine the Great. :lol:

I cant imagine how hard it would be to have 69 children in 27 years. Imagine looking after baby triplets and toddler quadruplets and triplets and two sets of preschool aged twins (with loads of older kids as well) while being pregnant with twins.

And now imagine doing it as an eighteenth century Russian peasant. Quadruplets don't all survive even now, even with modern medicine. If its true its an amazing feat that nearly all her children survived infancy.

And now imagine doing it as an eighteenth century Russian peasant. Quadruplets don't all survive even now, even with modern medicine. If its true its an amazing feat that nearly all her children survived infancy.

Considering the only source seems to be "someone said that a man said that his wife had a zillion babies and lots were triplets!" I really, really doubt it. Is there any other source? I've heard it a number of times but I don't know why it seems to have been taken as gospel by so many.

The first published account about Feodor Vassilyev's children appeared in a 1783 issue of The Gentleman's Magazine (Vol. 53 p. 753, London, 1783) and states that the information "however astonishing, may be depended upon, as it came directly from an English merchant in St Petersburg to his relatives in England, who added that the peasant was to be introduced to the Empress".
No, guys, it's true, there IS a baby named Vagina! My boss's brother's friend works as a nurse and he swears he saw it!

I just copied it from reddit, and didn't parse the math first.

I have friends my age (51) who started their periods at 9. :/

Archived