IGNORED

Introduce Yourself - Part 2

happy atheist

45 minutes ago, CreationMuseumCurator said:

SO MANY anti-abortion signs. Most of the ones on the turnpike are in bad shape, which strikes me as appropriate and awkward at the same time. Did you ever see Wheat Jesus on I-70 while you lived here? He's out near Manhattan.

AJQcA.jpg

NO. We've been gone since 2005, though, so he might be newer than that. 

It's both horrifying and awesome...I don't know how to feel about it! :confused2: :content:

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheat Jesus is a bit disturbing.  Haven't seen that in person.  I used to live in the county of blue.  Both of my parents are from southeast ks.  Rock chalk 

Hello, I've been lurking for a few years. I'm from the northeast but live in Florida now where I spy most fundies somehow fitting right in (the middle of the state plus no ocean access equals creepy).
I have a degree in boring Business Management and a career in the same that is not boring!
Married with one adopted son at age 6 (now age 10) from foster care. 
We still foster only at this time to help our community.
I don't think I have a gateway fundie to claim, but they are all so interesting!

Hi guys! I'm a long-time lurker and finally decided that I've seen enough crazy to come out of the shadows. I was raised sorta fundie-lite growing up, but what really brought me here was finding out Miss Raquel was being snarked on. I sort of knew her for a brief period of time and thought maybe I was crazy for not liking her, because everyone else thought she was as amazing as she does. :my_rolleyes: I now see I'm not alone. 

Hi, everyone, I've been lurking a long time, I finally decided to join up. I've been somewhat morbidly fascinated with fundamentalism for awhile now (especially Mormon fundies and Evangelical Christian fundies.) I've had tangental ties to both, but thankfully never dove in deep enough to get involved directly, but I've been interested in what makes people join these types of sects, and appalled at the things that go on in them. Also, Duggar scandal. I think that's how I found this site originally. I'd only watched their show a couple times accidentally after watching Sister Wives in the early seasons, didn't quite pick up on that the Duggars were super fundie until the whole Josh thing exploded. Came here, went down many rabbit holes, all I can say is wow and I'm hooked.

Hello everyone. Also new here but have been lurking for quite some time. Finally got my account approved after the issues of the past few days. Whew!!

Im in Florida also. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey y'all! Cheerios from the land of overpriced coffee! If lurked for a while and finally joined. I am also fascinated with the dynamics of fundies and how they manage to remain so cray in the times of the interwebs!

Found you through another forum I frequent and love about true crime and missing people. You peoples sound like super fun and full of snark, indeed!!

Hi everyone, been lurking for a few months. I'm a Marylander who loves to read romance and true crime-- I switch back and forth when I get sick of one or the other! Always enjoyed learning about cults. Never liked the Duggars and always had a feeling something would come out about them-- but I never expected what did! Anyway, been following the FLDS for years and Free Jinger introduced me to the rabbit hole that is Zsu Zsu and PP. I majored in Women's and Gender Studies so I think maybe that's a part about why fundies fascinate me so much? Who knows. 

Welcome to our new members!  Glad you are here  :)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived