IGNORED

Extreme Kids' Parties.

OkToBeTakei

I put it in snark because ..well because.

Will somebody please tell me what the bloody hell I am watching?

My wee kiddo and I are having some funny conversations. But seriously?

What channel? Is it on iPlayer etc?

UK SKY Discovery Real time.

For all your crazy needs.

Is it like My Super Sweet 16 except for toddlers?

Pretty much. Average $30 to $50k for parties such as pre-school Graduation. 5th birthday.

One we watched was $37k for a 10 yr old party. In Texas. It was an Hawaiian based theme with his ultimate pressie being the $5k vacation. As you do :lol:

I think I have seen that a few times.

Its insane, they pay more for kids parties than most people pay for their weddings.

Most kids would be perfectly happy with having a bouncy castle and a few friends over to play party games.

OK, I do feel kinda jealous of all the big fuss over a birthday, the first time I had a birthday party with friends was my 21st, as a kid it was always having a cake at home with my family and maybe my cousins coming over to play party games.

Meh, it's just another way for people to show off their money, or really spoil their kids. It's a waste because most young children would have just as much fun with a cheap party at Chuck-E Cheese's. I also think it's bad to blow so much cash on teenagers because they will never learn things like budgeting and value of work. Unearned extravagances is never a good idea for teens.

Ah OK..so of course 3 pre-teens want an 80's party. This is a Mother thing. What is wrong with these people. Too funny. Daughter just said I don't know who Madonna is but Mom loves her :lol:

I know yewchapel. I am a total sellout to Sky. Bad :oops:

ETA. Only $30k BARGAIN!

I think those shows are literally the embodiment of evil. You can see the difference in people who were teens before and after cribs, super sweet sixteen and all the rest of that hideous bling worship. It isn't just that people with ridiculous amounts of money throw these parties -it is that the kids who watch them think that they should have them too, and that having mountains of useless shiny objects is the ultimate success. uggghhhhhhhh

I watched it once and the kid cried her eyes out after her 6 months in the planning, two-hour $30,000 party was over. Well you would, wouldn't you? That'd be some anticlimax.

I can't even believe this. If we had this kind of money to piss away, that's the last thing I would think of. Sure, a family vacation someday.

I really dislike this kind of shows and I am including the sweet16 and others about extravagant weddings. In my opinion, besides being ridiculous to spend so much money- and you never know if they are paying for it or it is on the credit card- they create a need that you just have to have this huge party.

I don't have cable, and if I did I doubt I'd watch this show. I think it's in very poor taste to "celebrate" excess in a time where so many people are struggling just to put food on the table.

Okay, I'll step off my soapbox now.

Archived