IGNORED

The Hendersons: Cool New Duggars?

Jenny

Meet the New, Cool Duggars: The Hendersons of Colorado

shine.yahoo.com/parenting/meet-the-new--cool-duggars--the-hendersons-of-colorado-222835218.html

The Hendersons have only seven kids but they all have J names and are homeschooled. However, unlike the Duggers the Henderson kids start Community College at 16 and go to a University at 18.

Does that make us, like, the city-fied Duggars?†mom Janelle Henderson said to Yahoo! Shine with a chuckle. “I feel like part of my role is to show there are other kinds of homeschoolers,†she said.

What do you think?

Based on that article, they do seem more likable than the Duggars. I guess I would label them fundie lite. A major plus isn't they aren't doing CollegeMinus crap and the article mentioned that the mom is also going to college.

I was really dismayed to see College Minus compared to an actual college. And also amused that Yahoo think the Duggar's do higher education. Where did they get that 6 of the Duggar's are enrolled in CM?

I would much rather be a Henderson then a Duggar. That's for sure. Imagine the Duggar's listening to Kanye West and going to community and state colleges. My only criticism of the Henderson's is the "instilling Christian values" crap the mom said. But, they're educated and seem pretty culturally aware. Again, way more then could be said of the Jim Boob Brood.

One thing I have to say in their favor: since those kids are entering community college at 16 and going to a real, accredited university at 18, I would say they are doing their homeschooling right.

I was really dismayed to see College Minus compared to an actual college. And also amused that Yahoo think the Duggar's do higher education. Where did they get that 6 of the Duggar's are enrolled in CM?

I would much rather be a Henderson then a Duggar. That's for sure. Imagine the Duggar's listening to Kanye West and going to community and state colleges. My only criticism of the Henderson's is the "instilling Christian values" crap the mom said. But, they're educated and seem pretty culturally aware. Again, way more then could be said of the Jim Boob Brood.

I think Yahoo is including Josiah and Joy Anna who are doing test prep stuff through CM. Yahoo's writers seem to be really in dark about the Duggars. It is annoying that the author compared CM to real colleges. I have relatives who live in Denver and they have praised Metro State.

I agree, I would rather be a Henderson than the Duggar. They value education much more than the Duggars. I bet if the Henderson mom spent a day with the Duggars, I can see her giving Michelle a smackdown. Michelle and the J'Slaves are awful when it comes to homeschooling. The Henderson kids probably wouldn't mesh well with the Duggar kids.

Yahoo's writers seem to be really in dark about the Duggars.

Yeah, and that leads me to believe that they are sugar coating the Henderson's as well.

Yeah, and that leads me to believe that they are sugar coating the Henderson's as well.

I agree, it possible that they are sugar coating the Hendersons. The Hendersons might have kept quiet on certain topics from the author. The Hendersons might be spanking their kids or they have strict rules on dating and courtships. Yahoo has pissed me off in the past because they fail to see that Michelle Duggar isn't mother of the year. There are too many public red herrings about Michelle. The buddy system is too extreme and Michelle makes her kids schedule one on one time with her. Most of the time Michelle pisses me off more than Boob does. I wish TLC or another media outlet would throw them under the bus. Michael K. from dislisted did that kind of thing when he posted the video of Michelle talking about how overpopulation is myth. More people realized what an idiot she is. Once 19kac ends, Yahoo will move on from them.

I have relatives who live in Denver and they have praised Metro State.

I wouldn't exactly praise it. I'd say the reputation of Metro state is more along the lines of: the last option to go to a "real" college because of rejection from all the other state schools. They pretty much take anyone with a pulse (the 25/75 percentile composite ACT scores at Metro is 18/23. For reference, the average composite ACT score for Colorado is a 20.7). It's an okay college, but not a great one. (Note: Not dissing community college at all, but that is it's reputation with other college kids and HS students.)

Basically, what I'm saying is: I wouldn't brag about going there. If the Hendersons said they had kids taking classes at Colorado Schools of Mines (the Engineering college of Colorado, which is IMO, excluding the Air Force Academy, probably the top university in Colorado), I'd be impressed.

It's part of Auraria campus, which is a joint campus of 3 institutions: University of Colorado-Denver, Metro State and Aurora Community College. A lot of the lower level classes share professors. So, for example, you can take a Physics class via UCD, and get a Metro State professor or vice versa. In fact, in a UCD class, you'll have Metro students in there as well (classes get graded as one unit, but issue grades separably. Which is to say, UCD uses plus-minus grading, while Metro does not).

Metro also wants to change their name to Denver State University. IMO, this is so it can piggy back off of DU's reputation (DU, or University of Denver, is a private, very good school) or Denver . Which, honestly, doesn't sit well with me.

It is a huge step up over College Minus, but, again, it's nothing to brag about.

Naah, I would say they are very uncool.

The Henderson Family says:

February 26, 2008 at 3:56 pm

I loved these posts on anger. The wonderful thing about computers is you can log on and realize that alot of people share your feeling, beliefs, and struggles. My husband and I have been dealing with this issue for some time. It is one on the reason we have left traditional church and are starting to meet with like-minded believers who what to worship in a family intergrated way.

We all recognize the sad state of most Christian churches today. It is horrible and I do not think this can be overstated. The churces of today are not what was outlined in Acts. We are on a downward spiral and it is scary and yes I am ANGRY!!!!! I hate those things which God hates and in numerous modern churches today greed, immodesty, materialism and humanism abound!!!

We are one family who has said enough!!!! Back to the simple way of where two or more are gathered. The Lord has been faithful to brining others into our lives who feel the same.

Tolerance is horrible... :roll:

The fundie-world is small. Apparently they have commented on generation starvation:

generationcedar.com/main/2008/02/tolerance-rant_26.html

Meet the New, Cool Duggars: The Hendersons of Colorado

shine.yahoo.com/parenting/meet-the-new--cool-duggars--the-hendersons-of-colorado-222835218.html

The Hendersons have only seven kids but they all have J names and are homeschooled. However, unlike the Duggers the Henderson kids start Community College at 16 and go to a University at 18.

What do you think?

These are pretty cool people. I bet they're head and shoulders smarter than the Duggars

Naah, I would say they are very uncool.

Tolerance is horrible... :roll:

The fundie-world is small. Apparently they have commented on generation starvation:

generationcedar.com/main/2008/02/tolerance-rant_26.html

It seems like they home church or go to a small storefront church.

Completely irrelevent but I have to say that "The Henderson Kids" was a tv show in Australia in the 1980s. (The show included many actors who are well known to Australian audiences but Kylie Minogue is probably the best known to those overseas.) Reading about The Hendersons and someone above actually using the phrase "The Henderson Kids" spun me back to my childhood. I will now go to bed dreaming of those young lads on the show I lusted after...

Archived