IGNORED

Another Manly Man Blog

formergothardite

He doesn't. I looked. He is a genuine, 100% asshole. At least he's consistent. Actually, I pity him. He's only 18. His parents created that. It's sad.

Well, he is marginally better at writing film reviews than Miss Raquel. Marginally, because he failed to give a summary of the plot for his review of "The Hunger Games". If I hadn't read the book, I'd have had no idea what he was talking about. allauthority.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/review-hunger-games.html

But this actually made me laugh- he's complaining that there's not enough Jebus in the movie:

Both of these issues bring us face-to-face with the foundational problem in the world of The Hunger Games- that there is no Law by which each man must judge his own conduct, and there is no Lawgiver to Whom each will stand accountable for the choices that they make. Our heroes make their decisions based on what seems best to them.

Usually, of course, this results in the right decision, because who would want to watch a film where the hero was a consistent atheist? There is a reason why we cheer for Katniss as she takes her sister's place, and not for Cato as he gleefully slaughters a 12-year-old boy. The Hunger Games neglects to give us that reason.

And there I always thought that people do good things, because they're good people. If Katniss had done it only out of obligation to some deity, it wouldn't be good or selfless any more. That's like paying taxes. It's something I have to do, so that doesn't make me a good person. Giving up my favourite treats to donate to a charitable cause is something else altogether. So, no, blogger-boy, the absence of any moral or divine obligation makes her sacrifice poignant and meaningful. :roll:

P.S.: If your deity is all that keeps you on the straight and narrow, you have bigger issues than reviewing "The Hunger Games".

allauthority.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-warrior-and-slave.html

Da Fuq?

For which of our two soldiers did this news change anything? Homer Rice said that "You can motivate by fear. And you can motivate by reward. But both of these methods are only temporary. The only lasting thing is self-motivation."

Of course, Homer Rice isn't our source of wisdom. Proverb 29:19 says that "A slave will not be instructed by words alone; for though he understands, there will be no response."

The slave does what he does because he is afraid of what his master will do to him if he doesn't do it.

The slave does what he does because he hopes maybe if he does it his master will reward him.

His tasks are a means to the end of his pleasure. His work is the way by which he acquires the right to play.

He does his household chores because if he does them well enough, maybe dad will let him watch a movie tonight. He finishes his math book because he knows, once he has done that, he gets to pick the restaurant that the family goes to for dinner that night. He reads his Bible because he's afraid if he doesn't then the people at church won't be impressed. He doesn't beat up on his siblings because he knows that would make dad angry.

Are we talking about the historical slave or himself? Is he comparing himself to a slave and his parents the masters? Are we arguing that reward is good or bad?

And then there's the warrior. His work is its own reward. He does what he does because he is who he is. He fights because he believes in what he is fighting for. And while he certainly doesn't begrudge extra rations or higher wages, those things will not change how hard he fights.

In the press of battle, his thoughts are set not on survival, but on victory. Even when the dead are falling all around him, there is nowhere he would rather be.

He's not a slave to his own smallness- he's a slave to a greater vision.

Please name three. Sociopaths do not count.

For Maximus, it was the glory of Rome.

For William Wallace, it was the freedom of Scotland.

And for us, it should be the expansion of The Kingdom of Christ- the only Greater Vision which is truly worth dying for.

Oh that that vision would permeate our lives. For we are slaves to Christ, and ambassadors for Him. He does promise rewards richly- and there are terrible consequences for those who forsake Him.

:? :? :?

Wait, I thought reward and punishment were the wrong way to motivate

:? :? :?

Who thinks Mr. Manly Warrior goes private by the end of the week? I dont think he has the balls to deal with us.

Oh, and Doug Phillips is listed as "Mr. Doug Phillps" and fellow "warrior" on his blog roll. Come on out and fight, Mr. Warrior. Be your blah blah expansion of the kingdon blah blah and convince all us heathenz that we're wrong. I fucking dare you to try. :pray:

His friend flounced fairly quick. I so want a good fundie Friday, so I am hoping this guy will show up and give us a manly flounce.

Ouch, my eyes... what is this? He is absolutely awful. I couldn't make myself read more than a few posts on his blog... and then I came to a post about spanking children. I feel sick... He is vile and has no empathy nor moral understanding. This is one of the worst fundies I have ever come across.

Thanks to a fundie in the introduction section for bringing his friend to my attention. ;)

Here is another manly, man blog. And by manly man, I mean a young, sheltered guy who thinks he knows everything yet really doesn't have a clue.

He does actually address male modesty, but he seems to think that as long as a guy wears a shirt that isn't tight, no skinny jeans, and no speedoes women won't lust. Because of course the women's only lust after huge muscles. :roll:

Next time, before you rip your shirt off and show your sculpted abs to the world, take a moment to consider what God thinks about your clothing choices. When you squeeze yourself into that compression tee that emphasizes those pects of steel, stop to look in the mirror and see what your attention is first drawn to. Before you put on those skinny jeans (why in the world are you wearing skinny jeans?) think about the message that you're sending. When you slip into your Speedo, please don't. I'm just sayin'

allauthority.blogspot.com/2012/08/magic-mike-and-male-modesty.html

He sounds like a huge douche, obviously. Also for a big manly man who hates teh gayzz he sure sounds like he's spent some time contemplating how those "sculpted abs" and "pects of steel" look in those defrauding tight garments. :whistle:

Archived