IGNORED

The ultimate anti-"happy fundie Facebook family" post

2xx1xy1JD

kveller.com/blog/parenting/we-need-to-quit-telling-lies-on-facebook/

I didn't think that she could top the "When the Rabbi Finds Your Vibrator" classic, but the line "Mama, why does your vagina have a tail"? comes pretty close. Don't read if you have liquids in your mouth.

BTW, I did the same thing (pre-Facebook), with perfect emailed dispatches and photos when we took a newborn and 3yr old to New Zealand and Australia. The cute moments and the kick-ass pictures showing us trekking with kids up mountains and in front of steaming volcanic waterfalls were on full display. The moments where baby, toddler and husband are all having serious meltdowns in traffic while I scream at them to stop are not.

[Edited to break link - bisky]

I now know what makes me stupid-resentful about niednagel.com's blog.

Thank you for sharing 2xx,etc.!!!!!!! This just explains it all (my annoyance, that is).

Bisky - it's your call on whether to break the link, but I really don't think that it's necessary. It's not exactly a fundie blog (see the above "penises can wear dresses" quote), and I doubt that Kveller in general, or Sarah Tuttle-Singer in particular, would mind the traffic from a fundie snark site.

Greatly enjoyed the link - hilarious! I could truly relate :) I enjoyed scrolling through some of the comments too.

Parenting advice to live by: If you’re on the rag, maybe change your feminine hygiene projects alone with the door closed. And locked.

:lol:

Just be prepared for knocking, little fingers and/or hands sliding under the door, and calls of "why can't I come in?" and "are you done yet?"

Just be prepared for knocking, little fingers and/or hands sliding under the door, and calls of "why can't I come in?" and "are you done yet?"

Mom would always say "They will find you!"

When I visited a friend's house her youngest daughter was always pounding on the bathroom door, shrieking that she wanted to see what I was doing, followed by her always opening the door. I learned very quickly to get dressed before she woke up and brush my teeth and change into my pajamas after she went to bed.

Archived