IGNORED

Anna Duggar, pregnant with number 3

pixydust

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if they were "trying" to get pregnant, it lends credence to the idea that they may be doing something to not get pregnant as well--NFP more than likely.

It just takes time for most women. Even if everything is perfect in terms of the timing of intercourse and the fertility of both partners, you only have around a 30% chance of getting pregnant in a given month. Add in the time it takes to ovulate again after giving birth and while breastfeeding, as well as the miscarriage we know about and potentially more, and I don't think the spacing between Josh and Anna's kids is long at all, even if they are trying every month.

I've read speculation that Michelle Duggar is a superovulator (releasing more than one egg every month) -- we see evidence of that in the two sets of fraternal twins, and the fact that she gets pregnant so quickly also supports the thory (more eggs = more targets = higher odds of conceiving in a given cycle). If Anna's more typical, then it would make sense for her kids to be spaced further apart.

It just takes time for most women. Even if everything is perfect in terms of the timing of intercourse and the fertility of both partners, you only have around a 30% chance of getting pregnant in a given month. Add in the time it takes to ovulate again after giving birth and while breastfeeding, as well as the miscarriage we know about and potentially more, and I don't think the spacing between Josh and Anna's kids is long at all, even if they are trying every month.

I've read speculation that Michelle Duggar is a superovulator (releasing more than one egg every month) -- we see evidence of that in the two sets of fraternal twins, and the fact that she gets pregnant so quickly also supports the thory (more eggs = more targets = higher odds of conceiving in a given cycle). If Anna's more typical, then it would make sense for her kids to be spaced further apart.

I also feel like the space after Michael was natural, as in they weren't preventing pregnancy in any way, it just wasn't happening. Then at some point, she may have gotten the baby itch so they tried harder, she watched her diet a little more, etc. Which I think is actually a pretty normal thing. Anna doesn't strike me as a baby hoarder like Michelle, and maybe after a few more kids, they will stop actively trying and just see what happens. It's still Quiverfull and still "leaving it up to god," but it's not taking it to the crazy level that some people do.

I just think many people here and elsewhere just really, really want josh and anna to show signs they are breaking away from their families and training and are trying to see things in them that simply aren't their.

I agree. Anna referred to her family of 8 kids as a small family. No way are they stopping at 3. I think They are committed to Quiverfull

Is the J theme for Jimbob or Jesus? Is the M theme for Michelle or Mary? I am a practicing heathen so I simply wonder. My guess is whatever fits their narrative.

Wasn't there a Duggars episode where Kelly Bates announced a pregnancy, and she had done the test somewhere on the on the road on the way to their house? These people obviously have a couple of pregnancy tests about their person at all times!

Nothing2CHere sorta beat me to it, but yeah. To think that most women just carry tampons with them on trips.

Is the J theme for Jimbob or Jesus? Is the M theme for Michelle or Mary? I am a practicing heathen so I simply wonder. My guess is whatever fits their narrative.

I'd be willing to be it's for Jim Bob. He is the patriarch after all, plus James and Robert are the only names that are reused twice among the children.

I don't think the M theme is for anyone in particular. I figure Josh just wants to keep the TLC gravy train rolling, so they settled on a letter that included several names they liked. Then they have a better chance of keeping up the public interest while insisting that they're not necessarily using a theme.

Is this trend of using the same first letter for all the kids' names a Gothard trend? I just assumed it was, because my friend that went fundie and then Faux Jew did it. All her kids got "G" names.

not particularly. it's just a naming quirk the duggars got into, like some old school catholics naming every daughter mary something.

Is this trend of using the same first letter for all the kids' names a Gothard trend? I just assumed it was, because my friend that went fundie and then Faux Jew did it. All her kids got "G" names.

I can tell you that in my family all 6 of our names begin with the letter "T", and I was raised in a VERY Irish catholic household with the oldest being born in 1950 and the baby being born in 1969....it was not uncommon in our Irish Immigrant neighborhood to have children with all the same initials....or 100 Mary Catherines, Mary Margarets, Mary Shannons etc in our school.

I don't think it's Gothard trend; Kelly and Gil Bates didn't name all of their children with the same starting letter like the Duggars, neither have the Wallers, Muellers, or any other Gothard kool-aid drinkers. Michelle said she liked Jana, John, and Josh for names and they felt that they didn't want their last of their quivers to have a different letter so they stuck with "J's."

For Josh and Anna, they're just being the younger version of Dim Bulb and Mullet, that's all. Michael was named after Anna's father, so it wouldn't surprise me if they named their 3rd child (if they have a girl) Michelle Suzette (Anna's mom) Duggar.

I still don't think they are planning to have a hoarde of children. Three is not really that unusual, most people I know had theirs all close enough that they get through all the diapers and potty training and stuff within the same timeframe.

I'm the opposite of the Duggars- an atheist, public schooling, full time working mother- and I had three kids in 4 years, 4 months (and a few weeks before I turned 29 in fact). I wanted to get everything done and over with, and be able to get on with the non-baby part of my life quickly.

I also have three kids with names that start with the same letter. Because in THEORY it was cute. In practice, it sucks. I can't keep anyone's name straight. They have different middle names, because for monograms.

Is there a shortage of pregnancy tests in China or something? She seriously had to bring one with her?

I also had 3 children in 4 years 4 months and a couple months short of my 29th birthday. We wanted them close together. And then we fixed the babymaker so that we don't have to worry about having anymore. You're either going for a certain number and then stopping or you're going to 'leave it up to God' and continue to have babies. I think J&A are the latter.

Looks like I'm in good company! lol My oldest 3 were also born within 4 years, but 9 months. The middle 2 are 11 mo. apart to the day, though. Do I get brownie points for that? lol Another fun fact, I had just turned 23 when I had my second, and my 3rd was born 3 weeks to the day before my 24th birthday, so I am legally 23 on both of their birth certificates!

Of course, #4 didn't come for another 4 years. After having babies 11 mo apart, we didn't even want to think about more babies! I seriously remember very little about the first year or 2 of my son's life. There are hardly any pictures. It was hard core survival mode. After they were all a little more self sufficient, we decided to give it another go. The middle 2 kids who are so close in age do have names starting with the same letter, but it was purely unintentional. #4 also almost ended up with the same letter, but I didn't want all of them to have the same letter but my oldest, who has my initials, so we purposely ignored that section of the baby name book.

Okay, I've been lurking on and off for a couple years, but I thought that thing where people make fun of Anna giving birth on a toilet was joke. I just saw the video. It is not. She really gave birth on a toilet. ON A TOILET ON NATIONAL T.V.! :o

Poor Anna. I really hope they don't make her have another toilet baby for ratings.

Curious as to why you think twice? Based on her past timing?

Sorry, I keep forgetting to come back to this thread! There have been 2 specific times that she has looked early-2nd-trimester-preggers , then lost the belly since Jubilee. I don't think that Michelle is too old to get pregnant, but I don'tthink that she can sustain one. I think that Michelle was pregnant earlier in Anna's pregnancy (she looked pregnant in the thrift store photos, and then lost the belly) I think that is part ofthe reason that they didn't anounce Anna's pregnancy until now, they wanted to wait until Michelle was further along and announce them together, but Michelle lost it (so then they had to wait even longer, so they didn't hurt Michelle's feelings, so then at that point, just wait until the beginning of the series).

I just think many people here and elsewhere just really, really want josh and anna to show signs they are breaking away from their families and training and are trying to see things in them that simply aren't their.

But they are doing things that show that they are breaking away. They own a TV, they have cable/satalite, their kids are spaced at a normal amount of time, they attend pro/college sports games, Josh is on Facebook and instagram (possibly Twitter? I don't remember). They may seem fundie to some, but none of this is acceptable in Josh's family. Do I think that they are going to anounce that they are athiests any time soon? No, but I would consider them to be fundie lite. Josh is a douche and Anna is a twit, but they are starting to do their own thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a shortage of pregnancy tests in China or something? She seriously had to bring one with her?

I also had 3 children in 4 years 4 months and a couple months short of my 29th birthday. We wanted them close together. And then we fixed the babymaker so that we don't have to worry about having anymore. You're either going for a certain number and then stopping or you're going to 'leave it up to God' and continue to have babies. I think J&A are the latter.

Or you keep hearing how you'll know you're done and that hasn't happened so you decide you want "just one more" until you get that feeling.

But they are doing things that show that they are breaking away. They own a TV, they have cable/satalite, their kids are spaced at a normal amount of time, they attend pro/college sports games, Josh is on Facebook and instagram (possibly Twitter? I don't remember). They may seem fundie to some, but none of this is acceptable in Josh's family. Do I think that they are going to anounce that they are athiests any time soon? No, but I would consider them to be fundie lite. Josh is a douche and Anna is a twit, but they are starting to do their own thing.

I agree that they may be willing to do some entertainment stuff that is not Gothard approved but Facebook and television were not part of their wedding vows. They did include leaving their family size up to God in their vows. I feel like each time they are expecting people excuse it saying that one, two or now three kids isn't a big family and they just want them close together but all that has ever come out of their mouths is that they would love a big family but it's up to God.

I agree that they may be willing to do some entertainment stuff that is not Gothard approved but Facebook and television were not part of their wedding vows. They did include leaving their family size up to God in their vows. I feel like each time they are expecting people excuse it saying that one, two or now three kids isn't a big family and they just want them close together but all that has ever come out of their mouths is that they would love a big family but it's up to God.

I always forget about their vows regarding family size. Good point to keep in mind.

On another note: I can't wait until the first fundie wedding live stream ceremony includes the vows: I promise to never engage with the heathen Jingerites on the interweb.

I don't understand why God's will is thwarted by a simple pill, or metallic implant, or condom. I mean, if the Creator of the Universe wanted you to have 19 children, couldn't "he" insure you have 19 kids, regardless of birth control?

Is this a free will kind of thing? By exercising your own judgment, you're not leaving it up to God? But isn't the bearded sky wizard in charge of everything? It's like when my neighbor was losing sleep, because she so upset Obama would be elected the first time. I tried to get her to calm down and convince her the world as she knew it wouldn't end. She finally threw up her hands and said, "I don't know why I'm worried about it! Whatever God wants to happen will happen." So God gets Obama elected and then she proceeds to work against him for the next four eight years. No supporting what God did in that circumstance.

Obviously, I don't get it.

:doh:

I don't understand why God's will is thwarted by a simple pill, or metallic implant, or condom. I mean, if the Creator of the Universe wanted you to have 19 children, couldn't "he" insure you have 19 kids, regardless of birth control?

Is this a free will kind of thing? By exercising your own judgment, you're not leaving it up to God? But isn't the bearded sky wizard in charge of everything? It's like when my neighbor was losing sleep, because she so upset Obama would be elected the first time. I tried to get her to calm down and convince her the world as she knew it wouldn't end. She finally threw up her hands and said, "I don't know why I'm worried about it! Whatever God wants to happen will happen." So God gets Obama elected and then she proceeds to work against him for the next four eight years. No supporting what God did in that circumstance.

Obviously, I don't get it.

:doh:

I agree that it makes no sense especially since if they do get pregnant despite taking precautions then it's God's will. I think it's similar to not touching before marriage just showing off that you're so special and religious so you do this thing that nobody else does and therefore God loves you best. Also not using birth control helps keep women stuck at home.

I liked that TLC showed that Anna knows her place which is barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.

Anna seems to be throwing all of her happiness in pregnancy,to me.She carries pregnancy tsts and "tests often", as she said on the show.This isnt your basic ttc.Shes Always ttc.And since pregnancies are able to be detected by home ept's days before the missed period Anna is probably doing an Alice, and testing days after ovulation every month.She's like a woman struggling with infertility,or carrying the sole surviving heir to the throne, or something.I used to like her for the most part, but this season..idk,maybe its giddy pregnancy hormones.Or maybe the producers have asked for more "Anna".

Archived