IGNORED

Maxwells are to be in TX on Fri (3/1)...

Justme

I'd be willing to bet Steve would allow such a small ammount of meat into the chile, it really wouldn't taste any difference.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waiting for their first snow adventure to begin! Maybe they'll get stuck and have to pray the snow away. Maybe they will be forced to decamp with heathens. Oh, what fun that would be! Maybe Sarah will meet a nice guy who will take her away from her nonexistence! Ok, who are we kidding? :)

Re: Food control. There are some that believe the Maxwells control their food portions and that the kids are kept on a subpar diet. I, however, do not agree that anyone is going hungry in that family. I can believe that food may be controlled in some way (i.e Steve gets to dictate meals and such). However, I don't see unhealthy weights on the family at all. Ten years ago, if anything, some of the members looked kind of overweight. Even today, I'd say that Nathan has a growing tummy, as does Melanie (although she *did* birth three kids). I definitely don't think Nathan and his family are starving. I don't think Steve is starving his family either. 2/3rd of our adult population is overweight or obese. I think our marker for healthy adult weight is skewed. The family is not skinny. Steve and Teri are about my parents' size, if not larger. The boys are pretty strapping lads and the girls are at an age where they are suppose to be thin. People do come in all shapes, but I've seen unhealthy sizes and I don't see that in the Maxwells. If they are controlling for food sizes, they are still getting the necessary calories.

I know we are a snark board, but I don't think the size of their chili bowel or their a packet of bars is any indication that they are starving. I eat with small bowls every day and get refills. My scale assures me I am not losing weight with my smaller bowl.

What I think happens is Steve dictates a food related items but leaves the rest to the family. He's a control freak but I think it's much harder to keep 8 people in perpetual hunger when they're all in walking distance of a fridge and driving distance of a grocery store.

I know we are a snark board, but I don't think the size of their chili bowel or their a packet of bars is any indication that they are starving. I eat with small bowls every day and get refills. My scale assures me I am not losing weight with my smaller bowl.

The bolded portion is mine. Awesome typo considering the earlier speculation about the state of poor Uriah's plumbing. :dance:

Wow. Stuck in a bus with a bunch of people who just ate chili. Just another reason to be glad you're not a Maxwell.

Hmm, stinky gas and clogged toilets....perhaps the chili was subversive act on NR Anna's part. :clap:

Right? What the hell?

Well, Teri ate a piece of paper in her cheese sandwich and didn't notice, so they don't exactly have sensitive taste buds.

Is there a link to the cheese paper eating? Please?? I've only heard reference to it here.

Is there a link to the cheese paper eating? Please?? I've only heard reference to it here.

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2008/04/03/border-crossing-paperwork-scenery-and-eating-hazards/

There are some hazards to eating in Uriah. Today, after Mom had made lunch for everyone, she contentedly munched on her sandwich. Part way through, an exclamation was heard. Much to her amusement, she discovered that she had eaten half of the “cheese paperâ€. “Cheese paper†(a term I just created!) is the paper that separates each piece of cheese. She had thought her sandwich was a little chewier than usual, and it was only after she had eaten half, did she discover she was eating the cheese paper. Sorry, Mom!

Good times, good times.

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2008/04/03/border-crossing-paperwork-scenery-and-eating-hazards/

Good times, good times.

Half of the 'cheese paper'! Oh my Steve (a term I just created!), how funny!

:roll:

How sad when this is the funniest thing that happens to you all week...

"We used to add hamburger, but Dad found that you couldn't taste any difference and this makes it much less expensive."

How much does a pound of hamburger cost? About the same as a gallon or two of gas for the bus? I wonder if he asked anyone else if they had a preference.

How much does a pound of hamburger cost? About the same as a gallon or two of gas for the bus? I wonder if he asked anyone else if they had a preference.

Most likely considerably less than that, especially if they have to buy diesel.

I don't think the Maxwells eat unhealthily, but I do think Steve controls their food intake as much as he can. I think if you told the "kids" they could eat whatever they wanted, as much as they wanted for a day, they would have no idea what to do with themselves.

Most likely considerably less than that, especially if they have to buy diesel.

I don't think the Maxwells eat unhealthily, but I do think Steve controls their food intake as much as he can. I think if you told the "kids" they could eat whatever they wanted, as much as they wanted for a day, they would have no idea what to do with themselves.

Have an anxiety attack?

Good times, good times.

.........gee...funny stuff there.

:roll: to the bolded.

And how is this eating "hazard" specific to Uriah? Is he the only place that "Cheese paper" (a term Sarah just created!!11!) occurs?

No, no, no!! :naughty: You don't ask, you pray and wait for an answer from God. If a Teri or a child didn't like something, they don't "tell" Stevie. They pray for God to tell Stevie. :pray:

Archived