IGNORED

Maxwells are to be in TX on Fri (3/1)...

Justme

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uriah is a "he". Uriah was one of King David's generals, who K.D. set up to be killed so he could continue to get busy with Mrs. Uriah. Even weirder, eh?

Anyhoo, I was thinking last night, snug in my own big-girl bed, about sleepytime on the Maxhell bus. Stevus and Terified are in their big-folks bed.

In the hallway of the bus, stacked from floor to ceiling like early-day Coghlan children, are:

3 women, ages 31, 20 and 16

3 men, ages 23, 21 and 17

And they're there For Four Weeks.

What's wrong with this picture? I know: so, so much!

How can Rebecca K and other fans think that this is ok?!

Phyllis Diller used to call this sort of thing "forced family time."

:shock: :oops:

All this time, I totally thought that they called it "Uriah" because it's a heap of crap. You know, like Uriah Heep.

See, this is where all normal people's minds go. But you know the Maxwell "children" are never allowed to read something as defrauding as Dickens.

Forced family time in a small bunk with John?... :D

...okay off to the prayer closet now, I'll shut the door on the way out...

Ugh. As someone who had to endure the "forced family time vacation" in a pop up camper at the age of 20, I don't know how these grown kids can stand it.

Short story that smacks of Maxhell: between my 2nd and 3rd year of college, my folks got nostaglic for a family vacation like those we took when we were kids. We had a very basic smallish Sears camper that we had traveled in and still had. My folks decided when we were going to go and where; my one sister and I were pretty much ordered to tell our bosses at our jobs that we were going on vacation during a certain week and that was it. The problem was that me and my sisters weren't kids anymore, we were 20, 18 and 16 and physically fully grown. Try smashing 5 adults in that camper. It was the vacation from hell, no privacy and it didn't work the way like my Mum imagined. My Mum got sick from restaurant food two days into the trip and we continued the trip but stayed in hotels, which was an improvement but boy, that vacation truly sucked and it was the last trip I took with them.

ETA: This is one reason why I follow the Maxwells: their cult family has a few disturbing similarities to my life growing up. Steve and Teri remind me of my folks in a number of ways. I was branded the "bad daughter" for leaving the family while in my early 20's so following them let's me see what life could have been had I "obeyed" them and believe me, it makes it easier to live with the label.

Uriah must be in the prayer closet. Sarah call her a "bus". :think: Wonder what "she" did wrong??? Maybe she flapped her curtains at a handsome male bus.... :naughty:

"When it was warmer, we used water on the driveway to melt the ice in preparation for the next big snow."

Does this make any sense???? Who melts ICE with water??? It's going to refreeze tonight and they will have a skating rink. Using ice melt would make more sense.... Something to think about, Stevie..... :hand:

That was my thought.

Then I remembered living in Scotland, someone in the First Ministers staff thought it was a good idea to melt the ice from the front stairs of the official residence with hot water. Problem being it was still below freezing, the First Minister broke something (I can't remember what, and I am to lazy to google right now). I am kinda hoping that one of the kids fall and break something and have to stay home, this leads to realizing that the life they live is wacko and they escape. But that ain't gonna happen now is it, cause if any of them fell and broke something they would have to stay with Nathan or Christopher so they would have an accountability person, not staying by themselves in the house. *sigh*

And because apparently I'm on a grammar kick tonight, shouldn't the title be "Life is Awhirl"?

I thought the same when I read the title. Maybe she is just trying to prove she has a vocab beyond "sweet".

I also wondered why the heck they used water to melt the ice. They sell salt for that.

The modesty curtain that divides the children's sleeping area will fall down....

And the girls will discover why the boys sheets are stuck together when they wash them...

I thought the same when I read the title. Maybe she is just trying to prove she has a vocab beyond "sweet".

'Sweet' is endemic - check out the writing on the bag of cookies in the final picture of the newest blog entry.

And wtf?

Preparing for trips is quite an adventure. I don’t know how one person could possibly prepare for everything by themselves, unless they began weeks ahead of time.

Um, okay, I don't take four-week trips in a huge bus with my entire family, but I travel pretty frequently and although I often create a pile of stuff (so I don't forget something unusual I need to bring), packing actually takes a very small amount of time. Books to read, clothes to wear, snacks to eat when you're trapped in transit, foreign currency and the emergency credit card, passport, boarding passes, copies of my book to force onto unwilling people sell on the way, printouts of useful information, camera. Assuming I remember to charge the batteries, I'm generally good to go.

And they're off. Last spring, poor Joesph probably thought he was on his last trip. That come the following spring when Uriah pulled out of the driveway, he could wave it away, stay home and have some sweet, sweet fellowship. But alas, on the road again. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

Notice that in the bag of 'sweet' cookies, the portion control police have allocated each one just one or two, whilst the chilli that NR Anna cooked was small.

'Sweet' is endemic - check out the writing on the bag of cookies in the final picture of the newest blog entry.

And wtf?

Um, okay, I don't take four-week trips in a huge bus with my entire family, but I travel pretty frequently and although I often create a pile of stuff (so I don't forget something unusual I need to bring), packing actually takes a very small amount of time. Books to read, clothes to wear, snacks to eat when you're trapped in transit, foreign currency and the emergency credit card, passport, boarding passes, copies of my book to force onto unwilling people sell on the way, printouts of useful information, camera. Assuming I remember to charge the batteries, I'm generally good to go.

She's the weaker vessel, yo! Wimminz are incapable! Which, I guess, blows their helpmeet theory to hell.

And yeah. I coordinated and executed three of my family's moves (once overseas), dogs and birds included, all by myself. Packing for a trip ain't no thang.

Wow. Stuck in a bus with a bunch of people who just ate chili. Just another reason to be glad you're not a Maxwell.

Why is Teri apparently cleaning the vegetable drawer? I used to clean before I'd leave on trips so I'd come back to a clean place, but now I have a toddler & that's gone by the wayside. If there is that much drama in packing, possibly she should be packing her own books/clothes/etc?

Notice that in the bag of 'sweet' cookies, the portion control police have allocated each one just one or two, whilst the chilli that NR Anna cooked was small.

I'm a small woman and unless I was sick that serving of chili would not be adequate.

Good point, too, that chili might not be the best pre-trip meal.

I wonder if Nathan's and Christopher's families look forward to these times when Steve is out on the road and they have no overlord.

Okay, what's with the portion control? It's been mentioned a few times, but I'm not sure what the story/point behind it is.

I remember when they posted their burrito recipe, and they mentioned that they used to put ground beef in it (they just have beans now). They said the reason they stopped using beef was because Steve had "discovered" that the burritos tasted the same without the beef. I thought that was really, really odd.

Forced family time in a small bunk with John?... :D

...okay off to the prayer closet now, I'll shut the door on the way out...

Poor John. He gets passed around here like cinnamon bread during Christmas caroling. Must be hard to be only living fundie blog stud.

Okay, what's with the portion control? It's been mentioned a few times, but I'm not sure what the story/point behind it is.

I remember when they posted their burrito recipe, and they mentioned that they used to put ground beef in it (they just have beans now). They said the reason they stopped using beef was because Steve had "discovered" that the burritos tasted the same without the beef. I thought that was really, really odd.

I missed that. Was it in the comments? I read the whole blog, but skipped a lot of comments. Unreal.

It's got to be another control thing, another way for Steve and Teri (and YES, she is responsible too) to keep 6 adults under their thumbs. Keep 'em kinda hungry and wanting more by feeding them small portions for their own good.

Wow. Stuck in a bus with a bunch of people who just ate chili. Just another reason to be glad you're not a Maxwell.

Think of it as bonus music practice. ;o)

I missed that. Was it in the comments? I read the whole blog, but skipped a lot of comments. Unreal.

It's got to be another control thing, another way for Steve and Teri (and YES, she is responsible too) to keep 6 adults under their thumbs. Keep 'em kinda hungry and wanting more by feeding them small portions for their own good.

I don't remember if it was in the comments, but it stuck out to me because I know I would know the difference between a burrito with beef and one without.

Have they ever given a Biblical "reason" for the portion control? They must have some way they dress it up so it's not obvious to anyone that hasn't drunk the kool aid. I have noticed the girls have always seemed really skinny, though the guys seem about the right size for guys their age.

BTW, here's the line:

We used to add hamburger, but Dad found that you couldn't taste any difference and this makes it much less expensive.

BTW, here's the line:

The way that is worded creeps me out a little. A lot. I mean, it is one thing to decide, hey, let's do a vegetarian burrito instead because we are getting too much red meat.... but DA FOUND YOU COULDN'T TASTE THE DIFFERENCE so no one can taste the difference??

The way that is worded creeps me out a little. A lot. I mean, it is one thing to decide, hey, let's do a vegetarian burrito instead because we are getting too much red meat.... but DA FOUND YOU COULDN'T TASTE THE DIFFERENCE so no one can taste the difference??

Right? What the hell?

Archived