IGNORED

New member answers questions (countryboy)

meda

Another poor fundie finds head in the sand the only way to live.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, bless his heart ≤snicker>

How sweet of him to care......

He is grieving for us! Even though many here are Christian, but since they aren't the right kind of Christians they are going to be joining us heathens in hell.

I'm not sure why fundies who try and save souls think those verses will help. It isn't like I haven't heard them. I bet I have memorized more of the Bible than he has.

I note that his special message was posted not long after the Bill Gothard scandal, even though it'd been several months since he'd last visited...

Anyway, I guess I'll never get answers for those KJV questions.

Following is a special message for my FJer acquaintances who still read my blog. . . In light of that I have decided to write my reply here on my blog, I hope that you all will take the time to read it, it is a little message from my heart.

I hate to break to him, but I think that was the only time I looked at his blog.

And it is purely by chance that I wandered into SOTDRT and saw that this thread had new posts (I don't subscribe to threads, just wander about, mostly in Snark).

So he Maxwelled on us, eh? When unable to support one's arguments, go directly to "if you don't believe, you will burn in Hell" -- do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

Why any of us would want to convert to a belief system where you can't answer questions about that belief system is beyond me. And no, I'm not a reader of his blog either. I just happened to think of this thread and how a year later he still has never come back, went through the thread to find the name of his blog and went to see what he was doing.

I checked on his friend God's Country Boy too and he seems to still be giving movie reviews and taking eleventy million pictures of himself. For reals we need to hook him up with Raquel. God's Country Boy and God's Daughter could get married and fill a blog with pictures of themselves.

I checked on his friend God's Country Boy too and he seems to still be giving movie reviews and taking eleventy million pictures of himself. For reals we need to hook him up with Raquel. God's Country Boy and God's Daughter could get married and fill a blog with pictures of themselves.

Just like Lyndsie and _____ ? (can't remember her husband's name)

God has told me that He really, really likes to spend His days looking at selfies of people, so keep takin' 'em, kids! :D

I'm not sure GCB is a Calvinist, but perhaps their mutual love of selfies and pictures with them gazing wistfully downward will overcome his lack of belief in predestination.

• 5 months later...

Hey, we've had 2 GCBs!! Will the next one be a "good christian b-"? Third time's the charm?

eta: I just realized this one was just CB. It was his friend who was GCB. I'll still count it [emoji12]

• 1 month later...

I am absolutely BRAND new here. Been a lurker for awhile.....

Oh, I am 58, an OUT lesbian, and I am married (legally), to my beautiful partner!

• 3 months later...

I was curious to find out if Country Boy had continued his blog. On December 15, he posted:

I am currently working several blog posts which I hope to put up before the end of the year. Been very busy on other things, haven't made much time for my blog, but I hope to change that :)

The posts will be:

Why I am KJB Only

Kissing in Christian Films: A Slippery Slope?

Torture: Right or Wrong?

The Little Things of Life

But he never posted them.

He did, however, post a year-end review of 2014. Luckily, the feeling of my computer sliding off of my lap as I dozed off reading it woke me up, because I'd hate to lose a computer to boredom.

I would love to know if Kissing in Christian films is a slippery slope and it is okay to torture people. :? The actual God's Country Boy blogger is courting another Christian blogger.

• 2 months later...
I would love to know if Kissing in Christian films is a slippery slope and it is okay to torture people. :?

He never told us.

But he has posted to the blog this year, starting in April.

He has some issues with the Hobbit films:

1. The “spiritual warfare†scene in TBFA, I was shocked at how satanic the “good guys†looked, especially Galadriel. I mean, she was supposed to be a good guy, and she looked totally shockingly satanic. It just kinda shocked me to see that. Seems to be one more effort of the media to blur the lines of good and evil and call evil good and good evil.

Maybe your sense of what looks "satanic" is based on fictional stereotypes, CB.

3. There is no God. At all. Everyone draws from their own strength and power to do anything. It is all about are you more powerful than the force you are fighting. For us we have God, we can pray for strength, we have spiritual tools that do not draw from our own strength to battle the forces of evil. Praise God for that too, I can't imagine facing what we are facing today without the power of God and the knowledge that he wins.

Are you fighting to stay alive in a Nazi concentration camp while suffering from starvation and typhus? 'Cause I heard somewhere that belief in Jesus can get you out of that.

flameofjah.blogspot.com/2015/04/they-need-jesus-too.html

He posted about dem Muslims, folks. It is a long wall o' text, which makes it very annoying to read, but I will take one for the team.

Unlike so many people with whom he interacts, he doesn't want to kill them all -- isn't that nice of him?

After all:

We have to remember that Muslims are just lost sinners like everyone else. All of them are going to hell just like everyone else. (Oh, and not every Muslim follows the Quaran, just like most Christians don't follow the Bible. So, not all Muslims want to kill everyone.)
I also think of Muslim fanatics that got saved they said they were fanatics because they were desperate to find God. They were looking for him desperately and they eventually found the true God. See what I am getting at here?

Yeah, you are as subtle as a load of bricks.

Now another angle. What difference is there between us and them if we say to kill all of them? Many of Muslims want to kill all of us, we call that wrong. Hitler wanted to purge the Jewish menace from the earth, we say he was wrong for picking the Jews out and killing them. What difference is there between us and him? We picked out a group of men, women and children and want to kill all of them regardless of guilt? We want the heathens to not try to kill all of us Christians and to walk on our rights, yet we would do the same to the Muslims.

This, if it wasn't so badly worded, might be quite a moral little argument. He might want to find a way to make it clear that he doesn't consider Jews a menace -- quotes or something -- considering his history here.

The real issue with Islam is that they need Christ. They need to experience the love of God, something they have never seen as their god does not love.

I take it CB has made a deep, thorough study of Islam, to know that "their god does not love." It would be a shame if he was just talking out of his entitled little toosh.

Think of the all the souls in the middle east, all those lost souls, all those who are seeking for God desperately but only know their god of violence. Please, whenever you read something of Muslim violence, in your anger don't forget, they need Jesus too.

Don't forget!

Oh, and just in case anyone got the wrong idea, this (I kid you not) is how he ends it:

P.S. I hope this post doesn't go misunderstood, Islam is evil, I just don't want people to forget the human side of it.

Awwwww -- a cute little PS. I think that he inspired me to another song parody:

As I write this blog post

Pushing Christ on you

Remember that those Muslims

All need Jesus, too!

All these crowded words that run together

Say I won't kill them, ever

P.S. Islam's poo,

Eeee-vil, too!

We don't need a genocide to please us

They just need to find Jesus

P.S. Islam's poo,

Eeee-vil, too!

[bBvideo 560,340:1l8wf5d6]

[/bBvideo]

His two posts in May tell us that dressing modestly is important (even for guys), and that he stands with the Duggars (his only comment after posting someone else's article about how the "haters" are the ones victimizing the Duggar girls now.

Nothing since.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we ever going to get to discover if kissing in Christian films is a slippery slope and if torture is okay????!!!! These are pressing issues that need to be answered by a sheltered fundie who, when pressed, showed complete ignorance of his own beliefs, couldn't defend them and was forced to flounce.

So Islam is evil, but his belief system that concludes molesting children isn't a big deal, is good? He will never answer that question, but I would love to see him try.

Are we ever going to get to discover if kissing in Christian films is a slippery slope and if torture is okay????!!!! These are pressing issues that need to be answered by a sheltered fundie who, when pressed, showed complete ignorance of his own beliefs, couldn't defend them and was forced to flounce.

We just have to purpose to accept our role as mere women, and hope that Jesus compels him to answer those burning questions someday.

So Islam is evil, but his belief system that concludes molesting children isn't a big deal, is good? He will never answer that question, but I would love to see him try.

That seems to be the size of it.

Hey, I just discovered he has a bucket list! I was pleased to see that "getting slapped by Raquel" is not on it.

flameofjah.blogspot.com/p/bucket-list.html

Serious things I want to learn or do in my life

Learn to fly.

Learn to be an elite driver, like my Dad.

Learn Spanish.

Learn to play a horn.

To be an EMT.

To build my own house.

Not bad, but what's an elite driver? And, does he have any hope of learning these things (I'm not sure how sheltered his brand of fundie is)?

Next, the very predictable:

Life Desires

To be like Christ, to please and serve him in all that I do.

To get married.

To lead someone to Christ.

To meet my online friends in person.

Own my own home and farm.

Raise a godly family with my wife.

Run my own business fix and making things.

CB, please add "(to) learn to proofread."

If he's planning to combine numbers 3 and 4 on that list, I hope he never finds me.

Fun things I want to do

To fly all of my favorite WWII fighters. (Impossible I know, some don't exist anymore, but maybe, just most of them.)

To fly a B-17, and a B-25.

To drive a tank, not as a job, just for fun.

To fire a Mk 19and a M2 HB.

To fly a plane in an airshow, this does have limitations, I will not do anything I deem Stupid.

To fly an A10 Thunderbolt and fire it's gun.

Flying sounds fun. As for the rest . . . :shock:

And is capitalized Stupid different from regular stupid?

Fun things I want to own

At least one of my favorite WWII fighters.

A good DSLR before flying so I could get really good pictures of my flights.

A truck.

An English longbow.

A four wheeler.

A tank

Go for the truck, kid.

Places I want to go

To explore the Grand Canyon.

To visit a large aviation museum.

To visit a tank museum.

OSR (Ohio Summer Rendezvous)

The first three sound good. I checked out the last one:

Why should YOU come to the Ohio Summer Rendezvous?

As an OSR attendee, you will spend 4 action-packed days exploring God's creation, hiking the park trails, singing under the stars, watching (or participating!) in a talent show, learning to English Country Dance, demonstrating your prowess in a game (or two. . .) of Ultimate Frisbee, eating home-cooked meals, canoeing on Pleasant Hill Lake, listening to speakers, and growing in Jesus Christ as you meet, bond, and worship with fellow homeschoolers from around the country! Embark on your end-of-summer adventure by registering today.

Q: Is this a singles/dating event?

A: Absolutely not! The OSR's main purpose is to unite homeschool Alumni with a vision for Christ. Married couples as well as parents are encouraged to attend.

theohiosummerrendezvous.webs.com/

And they are showing this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2433040/

I know Miss Raquel has a not-boyfriend*, but I really wish these two would hook up. If Raquel not-dates him long enough he will probably give her an excuse to slap him and she could mark that off her bucket list.

*not sure if you have kept up with the Raquel threads but she is dating a guy but claiming it isn't really dating because she is only going to date the guy she marries. So they are "not-dating" even though it looks just like dating.

I think Country Boy would make a fine not-boyfriend for not-dating Raquel and her magically modest bikini.

C'mon, CB -- where is Christian Modesty, Part 2?

Archived