IGNORED

New member answers questions (countryboy)

meda

Questions for countryboy:

Have you read the Bill of Rights?

Why do you read Free Jinger?

Have you read Romans 13?

If you are called to love your neighbor as yourself, and you are also told to obey the law of the land, how can you, in good conscious, actively seek legislation that is inconsistent with the first Amendment?

How do you not understand that people who have a different religion or no religion deserve the same rights as you?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

country boy you do realize that there are gay women too don't you? you keep acting like their are only gay men and l can't tell if that is because the patriarchy is so ingrained in your mind that women aren't worthy of being mentioned or if you only think their are.gay men.

Jesus fucking Christ, you think people choose to be gay? You also don't know jack shit about evolution, but that's not unusual for someone who's never taken biology. Thinking that people choose to be gay, on the other hand, is inexcusably ignorant. 2-10% of any given population is gay. You'd have to actively isolate yourself to never have been exposed to the concept of what being gay means.

Now why do I think sodomy is wrong? I could come at this from a Biblical perspective, but you do not believe the Bible so that would be a waste of words. Let me prove to you that sodomy is wrong with evolution. Evolution demands survival of the fittest, and reproduction of the strongest for the species to survive. What purpose does two men having sex serve in that? If all men became homos the human race would end right? If all roosters become homos chickens would go extinct in no time. Just in terms of natural survival, sodomy is stupid, lock to gay men in a room for eternity and you wont have any kids. From the perspective of looking for the fittest, would you consider sodomites very fit when they are doing something that does absolutely nothing to reproduce? When you decide you are gay, you just deselected yourself, you are no longer helping in the chain of survival. I am going to now look at it from my perspective as a farm boy, whenever an animal starts to show behavior such as a rooster that mates rooster, we must cull that animal out so our herd survives, it wouldn't make sense to let them go on and let the herd die off would it? I am not equating people with animals, they are very different to me, I am just trying to illustrate that in farming and in nature, sodomy is an aberration, why should it be any different with us humans? I do not hate sodomites, I pity them, they need help. Oh I know, I hate them because I think what they are doing is wrong. Since when was saying an action is wrong, hatred? Tell me. Whenever did condemning an action, become hatred?

Let me start by explaining why you don't know jack shit about evolution:

Evolution is the change of a species' genetic characteristics over a series of generations. It is driven by natural selection, and it is an unconscious process. Individuals with genetic characteristics that increase their chances of successfully reproducing in their group's particular environment breed more often than individuals without these characteristics, and the population of their group as a whole gradually takes on these characteristics.

Humans, with our intelligent decision-making, have halted the evolution of our species. Thanks to modern medicine and science in general, very few factors will stop a person from reaching adulthood and from reproducing if they want to reproduce. Most people also choose to limit the number of offspring they have. How many children humans have is now determined almost entirely by how many we we want, and is no longer determined by how well our genes adapt us to our environment. We have stopped natural selection in its tracks. (I list contraception as one of the contributing factors to this. Note that science, having allowed us to live effortlessly in all conditions, and modern medicine, having allowed most of us to live to adulthood, are all it would have taken to halt evolution in humans. So don't you dare twist my words and go around saying that birth control stopped us from evolving.)

Since people going against their natural urges stops natural selection (aka survival of the fittest), when people reproduce in order to "help in the chain of survival" (whatever that means) or to propagate their DNA (which you might have meant) it fucks evolution up the ass. So you're wrong. Gay people choosing to ignore their gayness and have sex with the opposite sex is, from an evolutionary perspective, a bad thing.

Here's the thing about evolution, though: it isn't any kind of moral standard. It's ok for me to choose not to have kids. It's ok for your future wife to avail herself of modern medicine so that she can survive birthing 12 kids and have them live to adulthood. It's ok for someone whose diabetes would have killed them if not for insulin to have kids. It's ok for Elton John and his partner to have kids. There is nothing inherently wrong with stopping our species from morphologically changing. Given that our halting evolution is the result of a moral good, i.e. of modern medicine giving nearly every baby the chance to grow up, one could argue that it's right. We're not chickens who exist solely for someone to make a profit off us and our progeny, so it doesn't matter that as many members of our species be the best breeders possible.

You also seem to think that whether or not someone is the "fit" in "survival of the fittest" has a moral value attached to it. It doesn't. I'm not less good because I'm mentally ill. An infertile person is not less good because they're infertile. Someone who had childhood cancer is not less good because they had childhood cancer. Someone with a cleft palate is not less good because they have a cleft palate.

Speaking of chickens, let's have a closer look at how utterly terrible your analogy is. First, you conflate natural selection with the artificial selection practised by farmers. It is not the same, as you should be able to infer from my above paragraphs. Secondly, you claim that gay people should have sex with the opposite sex because they should breed, then you tell us about how you weed out rooster-loving roosters so they don't breed. Do you not see the contradiction, there?

Here's the part where I explain why you don't know jack shit in general:

1. "If everyone did X, then the human race would end, therefore no one should do X" is a pathetic fallacy. Wanna see why? Let's apply it to different things and see if it still makes sense: "If everyone became doctors, the human race would end, therefore no one should become a doctor." "If everyone stood in Minerva's living room, the human race would end, therefore no one should stand in Minerva's living room." "If everyone became Catholic priests, the human race would end, therefore no one should become a Catholic priest."

2. You don't choose your sexuality.

3. GAY PEOPLE HAVE KIDS ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Even before ARTs were widespread, gay people have been having kids.

4. People are animals, not that it's relevant to this discussion.

Literally everything you just said is misinformed. Please, leave your house and learn things. Take a biology class. Take a logic class. Meet people who are different from you.

By the way, I'm a Christian, and I actively choose to lust after people. So you're wrong about that, too.

I really think Country Boy thought his answers were well informed, would floor us and we would not be able to debate his points. His replies look like they came from Ray Comfort. He gives these poorly thought out sort of answers all the time and fundies always gush all over him. Country Boy, think really, really hard about your next replies. Think beyond what you have been trained to say, think about what you are saying really means. Because it is obvious you did none of that with this set of answers.

Personally I find this guy defrauding. And I'm not picturing him naked at all.

f0arr4.jpg

God's Country Boy is all kinds of snarkworthy. He can't think of a single legitimate reason to call 911. I think I'm going to make a post about him in Snark when I get home from my exam and the doctor's.

I know he denies it, but I still suspect that our country boy might be the blogger Country Boy.

He's from Oklahoma? ugh. Sad to say, he does sound just like some of the chucklefucks around here. I promise not everyone in OK is like him. Embarrased to be from the same state as him? Yes. Very much so.

He will find his ideal submissive woman without too much trouble as long as he stays in the small towns. :x I so wish it wasn't true.

Guest Anonymous
I know he denies it, but I still suspect that our country boy might be the blogger Country Boy.

No, he says not. Just to clear that up, he's NOT the same person.

He extends an invitation to go to his GCB's blog to ask any questions you may have. And clarifies one or two issues on his friend's behalf. But it's NOT him. Just so you know. :D

He's from Oklahoma? ugh. Sad to say, he does sound just like some of the chucklefucks around here. I promise not everyone in OK is like him. Embarrased to be from the same state as him? Yes. Very much so.

He will find his ideal submissive woman without too much trouble as long as he stays in the small towns. :x I so wish it wasn't true.

omg. chucklefucks is my new favorite word!

• 3 weeks later...

I guess he's gone, so he's not going to answer, but even as a fundie myself, I've got a few questions:

I am going to now look at it from my perspective as a farm boy, whenever an animal starts to show behavior such as a rooster that mates rooster, we must cull that animal out so our herd survives, it wouldn't make sense to let them go on and let the herd die off would it?
You seriously cull male farm animals that mate with other males????!! Wow, We've raised dairy goats and have (far too many) chickens, pigeons, peacocks, etc. Yes, the males will try to establish dominance over each other by riding each other, but they're quite happy to mate with any willing female. We've even had female goats ride other female goats when they were in heat. It didn't stop them from flirting with the buck and being quite willing to accept his attentions. Even when they ride other species, they are still quite eager to reproduce with their own kind.

When I dress I do not dress to not defraud the world, only brothers and sisters in Christ. Somebody from the world is going to lust cause they want to, a Christian is presumably trying not to, and I'll do my best to help them in their endeavor. That is why I do not try to dress for the world, only for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Why should I dress to keep you from stumbling when you want to lust anyway?

Does this apply to you only because you're male? Why can't a woman say, "Why should I dress to keep you from stumbling when you want to lust anyway?"

Sigh. But when I was 22, I doubt I was any more logical. Well, maybe about the farm animal thing. Seriously! I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that you would cull a valuable animal from your breeding program for this behavior. . . :angry-banghead:

Seriously! I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that you would cull a valuable animal from your breeding program for this behavior. . . :angry-banghead:

I wonder why they don't cull both the animals? Obviously, the other animal is accepting the attention, so it must be complicit in the action and therefore be unusable as well.

I'm glad we don't cull because I'd lose a chihuahua and a cat, both are spayed though so maybe that gives them a pass of some kind since they wouldn't be reproducing anyway ;)

I guess he's gone, so he's not going to answer, but even as a fundie myself, I've got a few questions:

He's been back since according to his profile but probably won't be answering any of our questions. As someone said before, he expected us to be dumbfounded by his logic. Hopefully he's still thinking about them and about why he can't answer them.

I wonder why they don't cull both the animals? Obviously, the other animal is accepting the attention, so it must be complicit in the action and therefore be unusable as well.

I'm glad we don't cull because I'd lose a chihuahua and a cat, both are spayed though so maybe that gives them a pass of some kind since they wouldn't be reproducing anyway ;)

Humping as a display of dominance is pretty common in a lot of species. It doesn't mean the male in question isn't going to mate with females. I think it's safe to say that not only is God's Country Boy bad with logic and research, he's also a bad farmer.

Humping as a display of dominance is pretty common in a lot of species. It doesn't mean the male in question isn't going to mate with females. I think it's safe to say that not only is God's Country Boy bad with logic and research, he's also a bad farmer.

:text-+1:

My chi (who is 2) has been humping the our cat (who is 4) since she was like 6 months old. The cat is the dominant cat, of our cats and even though she was a puppy, it was pretty clear she was going to end up being the dominant dog. Most of my dogs were rescues at the time we got her and all my dogs have some kind of behavioral issue. Most of them are exceptionally shy, so when a "normal" out-going puppy came into the house they were all pretty cowed by her ;) The cat is the only one she ever tried to hump until we got the new puppy, who is even more out-going than she is. They are full sisters (the new puppy is a rebreeding of the first chi's parents). She started trying to hump the puppy, the minute the puppy showed that she would not be bowing to the adult chi's wishes like the rest of the house does.

I have given up trying to get her to stop humping the cat (plus the cat can get away if it is really bothering her that much), but I do discourage/redirect her from humping the baby.

All the animals involved are female.

I wonder what CountyBoy would have thought of my dog that humped his favorite toy after he ate supper. That was the only time he humped the toy and he never tried to hump any of the other animals we had or any other toys. When he died his "humpy bone" was retired from the active toys and is sitting on our entertainment center with his ashes.

Oh man just found this thread and LOVING it.

Dear Countryboy: I'm fascinated and happy to have you sharing it, please don't be too offended by us snarky heathens!

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong, and perhaps he is just having an epic marathon of Grey's Anatomy, but I don't think he is coming back.

And in other news, my daughter now wants Flashlight Friends to go along with the Stompeez, Pillow Pet, and Dreamlights that I haven't bought her. Due to the fact that I am an evil, evil mother, I said that she needs to get rid of some things before she gets anything new. She hasn't done that, so she isn't getting any of those things yet.

I could be wrong, and perhaps he is just having an epic marathon of Grey's Anatomy, but I don't think he is coming back.

And in other news, my daughter now wants Flashlight Friends to go along with the Stompeez, Pillow Pet, and Dreamlights that I haven't bought her. Due to the fact that I am an evil, evil mother, I said that she needs to get rid of some things before she gets anything new. She hasn't done that, so she isn't getting any of those things yet.

I noticed they had the stompeez at Walmart when I was there recently. I don't know how the prices compare, but you might check it out and pick them up to have on hand for when she can have them if the prices are better. They have a few of the pillows, as well. I haven't see the flashlight friends. They have hats now too, though!

I just discovered this thread. Countryboy doesn't sound like much of a country boy to me. He knows nothing about animal behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

This post is fucking awesome. I love you articulate, intelligent people who systematically break down every gay marriage argument out there. Also, yes. NO dude is saying "BJs are bad!" hmmm. imagine that!

Archived