IGNORED

Muncks Keeping it Real / Maxwells?

johnhugh

From the comments:

There are so many times that I "second guess" myself when writing or composing a blog post. There's always that concern of "Will people agree/disagree?" "Will people be offended?" "Is this silly?" One day as some of these similar thoughts were racing through my mind the Lord ever so gently laid on my heart, "Mendi, it's YOUR blog under MY headship. You owe no one explanations & as long as I approve, that's ALL that matters." The temptation to question has risen again from time-to-time but He always reminds me that HE knows the truth & that's simply all that matters.

Yes, one of the Muncks' fans gets direct approval from God for her blog posts. Must feel great! :roll:

I have read your blog for a few months now, but not commented before. I am so sorry someone felt the need to be so critical of you and your sharing of yor family life. How empty inside they must feel to find fault with another, and I will be adding them to my prayer book.

You are an amazingly interesting and fun family to follow and I, for one, can't wait to see what you are doing with your new farm.

Blessings, Mrs. Mari

I guess Mrs. Mari stayed interested in the Muncks even after the Maxwell courtship dissolved.

Would it be fun or other to learn that the Maxwell boy and the Munck girl eloped and bought a house somewhere in the Muncks' neighborhood?

He could sell his fixered-upper in Leavenworth and do it! ;)

The following pics on the blog goes onto to show not very "Keeping it Real" staged photos and in one in true 7 sisters style, screwing up their faces like they are mentally challenged.

Mama Munck has updated the Keeping it Real post. Seems someone sent them a comment about the staged photos.

It is interesting to see that they probably saw how things would have been drastically different if the wedding took place. I am glad though the Muncks still have fun and do not live like robots.

This has never made any sense to me! Why is sleeping from, say 1am to 9am lazy or slothful? How is it any different from sleeping from say 9pm to 5am? it's 8 hours......

Maybe they associate "nighttime" with "nightlife" and other things they consider sinful? Kind of like when parents of teenagers set a curfew and say "nothing good happens after midnight" or whatever...

No, it doesn't make sense, because you could just as easily stay up late praying or working as partying, but you can't expect logic from fundies.

Sleep is good. Sleep happens after midnight. (For me anyway... very much not a morning person, very much not a night person either.)

Sleep is good. Sleep happens after midnight. (For me anyway... very much not a morning person, very much not a night person either.)

Same here. Not a "morning person" or a "night person," just a person who likes sleep.

Or a slothful person, in the eyes of the Maxwells :P

I'd want mama munck to throw me a party -- she (and, I'm sure, the older kids) really make each party so personal, making me think she actually KNOWS her children as people. I am sure their beliefs are f'd up, overall, but I'm glad they value the individual characteristics of their children. (Apparently ELizabeth is into herbalism?)

As for the Maxwell's - I'd be the biggest sloth of all time. I need a lot of sleep. I like to be in bed by 11 and routinely sleep until at least 8. And noon on weekends, sometimes. I think the early-morning awakening has to do with starting your day off with JC - if you laze around in bed AT.ALL, it might invite the devil in your heart, so you must get up on a rigid schedule and get to your Bible ASAP to "start your day off right." DH's grandmother had this philosophy and was up by 6 (and in the Bible by 6:02) until the day she died.

I find it interesting that Elizabeth's into "herbalism". I doubt Steve would have approved of that! :naughty:

I think waking up early is just a really conservative thing. Growing up it was pounded into my head that having devotions at night wasn't good enough, you had to have them in the morning, preferably as early as possible. Even if you're not the type of person who CAN wake up that early.

Some of the Christians I have met treat getting up early as a virtue while going to bed late is some sort of sin. I can find no biblical basis for this, so I don't really know where they get it, but there you go.

From Ben Franklin perhaps? :shock:

ETA: I hadn't read this thread until just now, I answered Ben Franklin before I saw the other replies. GMTA

As for sleep, when I was still working I went to bed by 8 - 9 pm, up at 4 am to swim laps, then at work by 6:30 am. Now with retirement and poor health I go to bed from 2 am to 6 am, sleep 10 to 12 hours. My early years in nursing I worked the night shift, which is the sleeping schedule I do best with. Home from work around 8 am, bed at noon or so, up at 9 pm.

No way in hell would I be up at 5 am in the Maxwell home for prayer.

Guest Anonymous

I guess Mrs. Mari stayed interested in the Muncks even after the Maxwell courtship dissolved.

She has to get friends where she can, I suppose.

Oh Mrs Mari/Queen Mother/Dowager Duchess, how empty you must be inside to create so need so many different internet personas. I'd add you to my foe list if you weren't already banned....

I think waking up early is just a really conservative thing. Growing up it was pounded into my head that having devotions at night wasn't good enough, you had to have them in the morning, preferably as early as possible. Even if you're not the type of person who CAN wake up that early.

Some of the Christians I have met treat getting up early as a virtue while going to bed late is some sort of sin. I can find no biblical basis for this, so I don't really know where they get it, but there you go.

Edited because I can spell.

I think it is remnants of our Puritan culture.

Their parties do look awesome. Although I don't agree with their beliefs and way of life, I at least respect them for acknowledging their critics and answering them, unlike say Steve Maxwell. I am curious about the rest of the comment but if it was just spiteful insults and not constructive criticism then I don't blame them for not posting it.

You mean they serve more than four strawberries on a large plate, all spread out to make it "look" like the platter is "full."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to have my sleep! If I don't I lose my ability to remain emotionally stable. I will fall apart. Even a couple of hours of missing sleep causes me to lose some cognitive ability and I find it hard to be motivated because if lack of energy. I'm also a night person. It is hard for me to get to sleep before midnight. Sometimes naps work, but more often they mess everything up.

Archived