IGNORED

Pat Robertson -Praying over used items - Merged

SamuraiKatz

So, how can people like these live in rented appartments or houses? Must be full of spirits and ghosts and whatever?

I'm glad I never believed in anything like that.. that demon and superstition stuff sounds super exhausting...

I know people like that and they usually do blessings or cleansing rituals in houses and apartments. When I was in a middle school, a friend of mine and her family moved into their relative's rental home. My friend said she and her brother always got the feeling that something was watching them in the house. Their mom later on got bad feelings too. Later on, they had a priest go in and bless the house and they said that their bad feelings went away. I have know others who do similar things any time they move into an apartment or house.

Not sayin' he's a fundie (but maybe on the same step of the crazy staircase) but didn't Billy Bob Thornton say he had a phobia about antique furniture for similar reasons?

I hadn't heard that about Billy Bob. I don't think he is fundie. I mentioned in a previous post, that some non fundies do get bad feelings about used things.

This made me cackle before I even opened the thread. My family would have done this. I just know it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the difference from new stuff? Unless you made it yourself from raw materials to finished product, other people will have touched it. Maybe the factory worker put a curse on every shirt they sewed!

What's the difference from new stuff? Unless you made it yourself from raw materials to finished product, other people will have touched it. Maybe the factory worker put a curse on every shirt they sewed!

Don't give 'em ideas.

wait, I opened FB & found this link-

huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/26/pat-robertson-goodwill-sweaters-demons-praying-video_n_2766810.html?1361910082

Summary- Pat Robertson think it's overkill to bless used items, but it can't hurt because evil spirits can attach themselves to things.

I hadn't heard that about Billy Bob. I don't think he is fundie. I mentioned in a previous post, that some non fundies do get bad feelings about used things.

IDK, he and Angelina had an antique electric chair in their home, and lots of antique weapons (like daggers and swords), if anything i would say that he likes the creep factor.

I am ashamed to admit this. Back when I was neck-deep in the kool-aid (late 20's)I was convinced that a library book had been cursed with a demon by a witch. I was awake all night crying & praying "hedges" around my house & family. :roll:

There was a part in the book about an old monk dying & someone sees his ghost flying out of his window. I can't remember why, but something about it just struck me as blasphemous & really upset me. It was "Russka" by Edward Rutherford. I had a couple of books from the same series & I was convinced they were evil.

The truth is that I was experiencing cognitive dissonance & it made me wacko for a bit.

Now I think I need to go to the library & check them out again!

I am ashamed to admit this. Back when I was neck-deep in the kool-aid (late 20's)I was convinced that a library book had been cursed with a demon by a witch. I was awake all night crying & praying "hedges" around my house & family. :roll:

There was a part in the book about an old monk dying & someone sees his ghost flying out of his window. I can't remember why, but something about it just struck me as blasphemous & really upset me. It was "Russka" by Edward Rutherford. I had a couple of books from the same series & I was convinced they were evil.

The truth is that I was experiencing cognitive dissonance & it made me wacko for a bit.

Now I think I need to go to the library & check them out again!

I love his England books, 'Sarum' and 'London.' 'New York' is very good, too. Couldn't get into 'Russka,' though. I should give it another try just to find that ghost scene! I don't remember anything like it in his other books. :think:

wait, I opened FB & found this link-

huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/26/pat-robertson-goodwill-sweaters-demons-praying-video_n_2766810.html?1361910082

Summary- Pat Robertson think it's overkill to bless used items, but it can't hurt because evil spirits can attach themselves to things.

omigosh

And this man wanted to be POTUS?

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/26/pat_rob ... newsletter

Yeah old Pat is at it again. Don't they have an elderly home near the Maxwells he could retire to?

A concerned viewer wrote to Pat Robertson for advice on demons and thrift stores:

“I buy a lot of clothes and other items at Goodwill and other secondhand shops. Recently my mom told me that I need to pray over the items, bind familiar spirits, and bless the items before I bring them into the house. Is my mother correct? Can demons attach themselves to material items?â€

Robertson’s answer?

â€Can demonic spirits attach themselves to inanimate objects? The answer is yes. But I don’t think every sweater you get from Goodwill has demons in it. In a sense your mother is just being super cautious, so hey — it isn’t gonna hurt you any to rebuke any spirits that might attach themselves to those clothes.â€

:pray:

When I saw this story, my brain immediately went to a terrible, terrible "Thrift Shop" song parody place:

I'm gonna exorcise

This sweater with like 20 demons on it

I'm, I'm, I'm praying

Casting out the evil

GET BEHIND ME SATAN.

Where I live (eastern VA), we're so used to Brother Pat's ridiculous comments that usually the local news media doesn't bother reporting on them. Not this time. I just saw a commercial for the 11 o'clock news on channel 3, and this story will feature prominently. I can't wait. :lol:

Can one pray over the supposed decreased tormented souls contained in used tampons?

Officially choking on my string cheese. Good show.

IDK, he and Angelina had an antique electric chair in their home, and lots of antique weapons (like daggers and swords), if anything i would say that he likes the creep factor.

I read that about Billy Bob and antique furniture in his memoir The Billy Bob Tapes. I think it's more a sign of OCD. He also hates to use real silverware to eat with. He always uses plastic flatware. And he finds that Benjamin Disraeli looks creepy, IIRC. I think he hates the ornateness of some antiques, especially French antiques. American antiques are OK. The character played by Dwight Yoakum in Sling Blade also had a phobia of antique furniture.

edited for riffle

Archived