IGNORED

This one takes the cake - birth control

Want More Babies

'98? Try '67!!! I was wandering through high school halls in my usual daze when some person I didn't know and wouldn't see again shoved a paper into my hands and kept walking. It began, "I'm a golden-haired little blue-eyed girl ... " and ended, "Why did you kill me, mommy????"

Took me all this time to realize the inherent racism and patriarchialism in that thing: muddy-haired little brown-eyed girls didn't have the same emotional value, apparently;

and no one would think of killing a boy child, 'cause the mens are tough and take no guff!!! Remember, this was 1967, when it was unthought-of to know the gender of a child before birth.

Yeah, it's been around a long time. I will say that the one in '67 was way better written and presented than that TL;DR atrocity above.

MamaJ, you and I are of an age, and I remember that story! IIRC, it was printed in Reader's Digest.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
setapartheart.blogspot.com/2013/02/safe-place.html

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2013

Safe Place

It happened at the moment two lives, two loves came together and became one. LIFE. Beautiful, precious, miraculous life.

If I had nothing better to do with my time and my life, perhaps I would write a response from a five-year-old in foster care. After all, that "beautiful, precious, miraculous life" is only important till he or she is born, at least in the United States. There are a quarter of a million children in foster care in the USA for a variety of reasons, but mostly because the parties involved did not have what it takes to raise and nurture a child.

In the meantime, I'm willing to bet that the party who wrote the zygote's POV has never even considered adopting or caring for a foster child in their own home.

Besides a few giggles, the only thing I got out of this was that God loves and cares about some kids more than others. So he created this little girl to be perfect and loved and cared for in every way. Yet, there are some kids who have loving and supportive parents, and others who have abusive, unavailable, or incapable parents. Some people who want kids, and some who don't but find themselves pregnant anyway. Did God just not think about those kids? Does he not care about them?

Do these people not know that the pill prevents ovulation, meaning theres no eggs that the sperm can fertilise, not stops fertilised eggs from implanting. Thats why you can get pregnant on the pill if it fails.

Just wanted to clarify that I oversimplified by saying the pill stops conception - I didn't mean it stops fertilised eggs from implanting. I do know how the pill works and I realise this isn't aimed specifically at me but I wanted to clarify nonetheless.

There is no logic for stories like these. They are propaganda - nothing more. They are not even remotely scientifically accurate, and I am pretty sure to a certain degree, most adult fundies know that. The stories are great for making people feel bad and for making the pro-lifers feel good - so they spread them around and hope to indoctrinate all the young folks who should know better, but thanks to SOTDT, don't. When they have instilled this fear into their young, they can then convince them that male and female relationships are of the devil and that sex is bad until marriage - and voila! The perfect children :roll: - who will then continue the propaganda and drive every sane, thinking person around them nuts.

Sorry, I am rambling - but stories like this piss me off and then I get all muddled trying to think through the rage and make something coherent.

Just wanted to clarify that I oversimplified by saying the pill stops conception - I didn't mean it stops fertilised eggs from implanting. I do know how the pill works and I realise this isn't aimed specifically at me but I wanted to clarify nonetheless.

Actually, the OCP does cause some endometrial thinning - which means that should a person conceive on the Pill, implantation is made ever-so-slightly less likely (but I don't think it can decrease the odds too much - we all know of people conceived on the Pill - I'm one!)(I'm not sure of the percentages but when we did our Sexual Health attachment the lecturers mentioned it). It also causes the production of thicker, "hostile" mucus which makes it harder for sperm to get through the cervix. But of course its main action is via prevention of ovulation, these other two mechanisms are just bonuses if they're present! It's because of the endometrial effects that a fundie (doctor) co-worker of mine refused to prescribe the Pill. I was jaw-droppingly flabbergasted when he first mentioned this. Oddly, he and his wife had only 1 child.

Edited to add: this wankerdoctor actually used the term "abortifacient".

I've seen that movie :shock: and also read a few similar pieces of writing. As a teenager they struck a chord but now as an adult its more sad that someone may read that and actually believe it or feel guilt.

It was a place made JUST for growing little babies! Unless the woman is infertile..... What a horrible manipulative mess of bad writing and guilt tripping.

The pill prevents ovulation, using no contraception at all does not. Unless you only have sex once a month at the exact perfect time for conception, you've probably had a few eggs fertilised by sperm before they were able to implant. If you didn't have any eggs released to fertilise in the first place, though, then no fertilised eggs slipped away. In other words, using the pill results in fewer fertilised eggs slipping away so seriously, :roll:

(Likewise, condoms = no sperm getting through = no fertilisation, all eggs lost weren't fertilised. Non-contraceptive hetero sex outside of the fertile window is murrrrrrderrr!)

A sperm is (by their logic) half a baby right? So without wanting to be totally gross, what about those perfectly normal wet dream occurences?

I keep breaking into "Every Sperm Is Sacred". Hubby thinks I've finally lost the plot. :lol:

Archived