IGNORED

This one takes the cake - birth control

Want More Babies

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is it about BC pills that is so hard to understand for these people. The pill does Not. Abort. Babies. It prevents conception!

I would snark on this except it hits a really raw nerve and fries my ass. My daughter received something similar when she was about six and was allowed to participate in a supposedly monitored AOL site for kids (which we also monitored but this somehow slipped by us -- AAARRRGGGHHH!). In her case, it was a long missive written from the point of view of a fetus that was in the process of being aborted and the monologue was along the lines "Mommy, I love you so much! Why are you doing this to me? It hurts so bad as I'm being ripped apart!" Propaganda, yes but even for an adult who knows what it is, it was pretty disturbing. I found out about it soon after she received it (she was an early reader so she was fully capable of reading and understanding it) because after being quiet most of the day, she came to me very tearfully and asked if babies got torn apart when they as they were being born. She showed me the message after I asked her where she got that idea and I pretty much had a nuclear meltdown. I was furious that someone had essentially violated my child and hated that I was forced to have that discussion with my 6 year old daughter years before its time. And I was livid that not only was it manipulative, false propaganda, but it had exactly the desired effect because years later, my daughter still remembered what she had read and it still bothered her. We were talking about well into her teens and she remembered how upset it made her. And to this day, when I think about it, it still shoots my blood pressure through the roof. So fuck these people, their sick, manipulative bullshit and their reprehensible tactics..

BTW, despite several emails, we never got a response from AOL as to how that message was allowed to get through their "monitored" kids site.

Wall of text. Poorly-written content.

What...the fuck did I just see?

I guess it's better for my mental health that I don't understand exactly what that was.

What scares me is that author did understand it.

What is it about BC pills that is so hard to understand for these people. The pill does Not. Abort. Babies. It prevents conception![/quote/]

Because for these wingnuts prevention = abortion. According to them preventing a pregnancy by any means even abstaining during your fertile days is playing God and killing a baby. It shows a complete lack of understanding how the pill works, and makes them look tinfoil hat crazy. Of course anyone who thinks a blastocyst has thoughts or feelings can't be to bright. They seem to confuse a soul with being physically alive when the Bible makes it clear that being physically alive and having a soul are not the same thing. They also seem to not understand that historically the church has struggled with determining when a baby recieves it's soul whether it happens at conception, when the baby begins to kick, becomes viable, or at birth when it draws it's first breath.

I find it funny considering how many kids I know who were born to parents using birth control. I think a all powerful god who can get a virgin or elderly lady pregnant can get someone pregnant despite them being on the pill. Hell my daughter is friends with a set of twins born several years after their mom had her tubes tied.

Do these people not know that the pill prevents ovulation, meaning theres no eggs that the sperm can fertilise, not stops fertilised eggs from implanting. Thats why you can get pregnant on the pill if it fails.

At one week pregnant, there is nothing in there that closely resembles a baby. No brain, no heart, just a microscopic ball of cells.

If God wanted someone to be pregnant, I am sure nothing could stop him seeing as he got a virgin pregnant.

QFT

I guess writing in the voice of a zygote is an explanation for the terrible grammar and punctuation?

Why does the zygote speak english? Shouldnt it speak the "perfect" language that we all speak in heaven? If they zygote speaks english why does it forget it upon birth?

:doh:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure some variation(s) on this appeared in approximately 57987598498 chain e-mails circa 1998.

'98? Try '67!!! I was wandering through high school halls in my usual daze when some person I didn't know and wouldn't see again shoved a paper into my hands and kept walking. It began, "I'm a golden-haired little blue-eyed girl ... " and ended, "Why did you kill me, mommy????"

Took me all this time to realize the inherent racism and patriarchialism in that thing: muddy-haired little brown-eyed girls didn't have the same emotional value, apparently;

and no one would think of killing a boy child, 'cause the mens are tough and take no guff!!! Remember, this was 1967, when it was unthought-of to know the gender of a child before birth.

Yeah, it's been around a long time. I will say that the one in '67 was way better written and presented than that TL;DR atrocity above.

Does anyone remember the Focus on the Family radio program from the late 80's early 90's about a woman who is in an accident and briefly goes to heaven(she is resuscitated and comes back to earth at the end) only to be greated by the child she aborted and she has to explain to the little girl why she killed her? I found it very upsetting at the time.

Wait, I thought my 'womb' was a cemetery?

I'm not getting my memos :?

My thought exactly. How can the embryos slip-slide right out if they are supposed to remain in the womb-cemetery? :doh:

I feel like I say this way too much but.....da fuq did I just read? :shock: Dear idiotic fundies....please please please find a basic human biology book and read it asap. The stupid, it burns!

It happened at the moment two lives, two loves came together and became one. LIFE. Beautiful, precious, miraculous life. God looked smiling upon His beloved children, & He sent down His most precious gift to bless their union: a beautiful baby. At the very moment of conception,

Uhh, what if the union wasn't one that both parties wanted blessed? What if the mommy was an unwilling participant? It happens.

Does anyone remember the Focus on the Family radio program from the late 80's early 90's about a woman who is in an accident and briefly goes to heaven(she is resuscitated and comes back to earth at the end) only to be greated by the child she aborted and she has to explain to the little girl why she killed her? I found it very upsetting at the time.

Got to find some way to punish women for having sex. -sigh-

Why does the zygote speak english? Shouldnt it speak the "perfect" language that we all speak in heaven? If they zygote speaks english why does it forget it upon birth?

:doh:

Zygotes obviously subscribe to the Star Trek scripts.

It happened at the moment two lives, two loves came together and became one. LIFE. Beautiful, precious, miraculous life. God looked smiling upon His beloved children, & He sent down His most precious gift to bless their union: a beautiful baby. At the very moment of conception,

Uhh, what if the union wasn't one that both parties wanted blessed? What if the mommy was an unwilling participant? It happens.

When I read the bolded I immediately thought how awesome God is to bless rape, too. :evil:

I do. The name was something like Saving Tilley (Tilly), Remembering Tilley, or something like that. Tilley was in the name.

Why did Jesus lie to the little girl and tell her she was going to be safe? I mean, if he is all knowing wouldn't he be aware that mother of death was on the evil birth control? This chick just called jesus a liar!

Looks like she has disable comments.

Also I find it kinda creepy she says squeals of joy from daddy ick ick ick.

setapartheart.blogspot.com/2013/02/safe-place.html

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2013

Safe Place

It happened at the moment two lives, two loves came together and became one. LIFE. Beautiful, precious, miraculous life. God looked smiling upon His beloved children, & He sent down His most precious gift to bless their union: a beautiful baby. At the very moment of conception, everything about this baby was already there. Gender, appearance, likes, dislikes: every piece that would make up this unique child was wrapped up in the tiny creation that had just came to be. This baby was a little girl.

A gorgeous little girl who would look like her mommy, laugh like her daddy, love tutus and horses, and ice cream on a summer day. She was perfect, and God knew it. From the moment she was conceieved, Baby Girl began her life here on earth. First she had to take a journey through Mommy's body to get to a place the Lord called "her womb." Baby Girl could not wait!! Jesus said Mommy's womb was a beautiful place. It was a place made JUST for growing little babies!

It was there that Baby Girl would be kept warm and safe. She would spend her days listening to Mommy's heartbeat and jumping for joy at the sound of Daddy's voice. She would do kicks and flips and smile when she heard Mommy's squeals of joy! She would spend 9 months in this beautiful place, snuggled close to Mommy's heart and letting God knit her together a little more every day. It would be a wonderful place. A safe place. Each day of the journey Baby Girl grew more excited to arrive at the garden where she would grow! Finally, about a week later, she arrived. But oh, what she saw broke her tiny heart. Mommy's womb was not a beautiful garden. Everywhere she looked, it was clear this place was meant to keep life OUT, not welcome it in. Instead of being warm & cozy, the walls were cold & slippery.

Baby Girl tried to attach herself so she could stay, but not an inch of this place would let her. Suddenly, she realized what was happening. "Mommy! Mommy! It's me! Your Baby Girl! Mommy, don't you want me? Oh Mommy, I know you don't feel ready to have me, but I promise, once you see me it will change your life! Mommy, don't you know God sent me down here to be with you? He will take care of us Mommy! Mommy, please let me stay!" But Baby Girl's cries could not be heard in that dark place. Though meant to be a place of life, today it was a place of death. Left with nowhere to stay and no nourishment to feed her, week-old Baby Girl was succesfully done away with.

As her tiny soul soared up to heaven, her Maker's heart broke. He looked down at her Mommy, standing at the mirror swallowing her daily birth control pill. She had no idea she had just successfully aborted her precious Baby Girl. The world told her she was not ready for a baby, the church told her she needed to wait awhile, her husband told her they could not afford it. So she took her pills and went on with her life, but oh, if she could only see the devastation happening within her.

"My daughter. My precious, precious daughter. Do you not understand my love for you? I loved you so much that I gave you the most glorious purpose in the world: life-giver. I created you intricately, fearfully and wonderfully, to be the perfect nurterer and sustainer of life! Your body is miraculous, created to do miraculous things! My daughter, you have been deceived. I created your womb to be a safe place, but you have turned it into a place of death. Oh, if you could only see the beautiful children that I long to give you the blessing of growing! But you daily burn your garden so that no life can blossom. Oh, if you could only see the beauty you have sacrificed in the name of "what is best for me!"

God cradled little Baby Girl a little closer. She was alive again, & looked down on her Mommy with compassionate eyes. She would see her again someday, she knew. But oh, how she longed to spend a life with her now. She leaned down towards her Mommy, now sitting on the edge of a bed with a strange sense of emptiness. Baby Girl hoped and prayed Mommy would see the truth of what she had done, but also the wonderful things she could do. She prayed Mommy would stop destroying her garden and make it beautiful again. She spoke softly, & out of the mouth of babes came God's eternal truth: "God created you to be a safe place Mommy."

There, I am God and I did everyone a favor by inventing paragraphs.

Apparently the Tilly story was more fucked up than I remember. :shock: And this whole story is about as realistic as Miss Raquel's abortion story. Frank Peretti should know better. :naughty:

The story begins in April with the novel's main character, Kathy Ross, and her husband Dan attending a funeral for their old friend. While at the graveyard, Kathy sees a woman placing flowers on a grave. Curiously, Kathy goes to the woman, who looks at her in surprise and runs off. When Kathy views the gravestone she notices something unusual about it: there is only one name "Tilly" and one date, exactly nine years ago. Later, once at home, Kathy begins to feel deeply guilty about something. She asks Dan about her ability as a mother and he tells her that she had always been good to their three children. However, Kathy still feels ashamed of herself. That night, Kathy has the most strange dream. When she looks at her backyard she sees many children playing. When she asks them what they are doing they say that they live there. When she asks them their names they tell her they don't have any. When she asks about their parents, the children respond that they have none. Kathy then notices one girl, who says her name is Tilly, the same name found on the gravestone. Tilly takes Kathy to her favorite places in heaven and talks to her about Jesus. The two of them soon become good friends. Meanwhile, Dan investigates the tiny gravestone. He soon meets with the woman whom he and Kathy saw in the graveyard. Her name turns out to be Anita Mendoza, a former abortion clinic nurse. She tells Dan that she recognizes his wife from many years ago. Tilly, she tells him, was the late-term fetus that Kathy aborted. Tilly, however, had lived through the procedure but died moments later. Afterward, Anita insisted on burying the mangled corpse. Kathy, still in her dream, continues talking with Tilly. She informs her that she, unlike the other children, does have a mother. Tilly informs Kathy that she forgives her for what she did. Once Kathy wakes up she no longer feels guilty about her past abortion. The story ends with her thinking about all the children who "have no mothers".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilly_(novella)

What if you have a boy? What if the garden is full of rocks and you can't plant anything , so to speak?

None of these morons even realize that sometimes...maybe God didn't plan for you to open your garden?

I sincerely hope God has some sort of faux-womb incubation technology or has heavenly surrogates to help these zygotes develop into humans. Otherwise, I am going to have a hell of a time trying to find all my "BC Babies" on the other side if they have never developed past the size of a cell.

Archived