IGNORED

Queen of Versailles

MandyLaLa

Has anyone seen this documentary. It was terrible in the way a car accident is and you can't help but watch.

(the film making is amazing work)

Saw it and agree with you; Couldn't look away.

Wouldn't this be better in Wordly Distractions, though?

Saw it and agree with you; Couldn't look away.

Wouldn't this be better in Wordly Distractions, though?

Didn't realize where I had posted it.

I just couldn't believe they never set aside college funds for their kids. I mean I fully expect them to be the types to empty their kids college funds in hard times but to never have them. I can't believe.

It drove me nuts that she was a college graduate with an engineering degree, but insisted on playing the dumb broad with her fake boobs to impress her rich husband. What a poor role model for her children.

How about when she looked at the film maker or camera man, or someone off camera, and asked them if they knew how bad her family's finances were, 'cause she figured hubby had confided in them, not her.

She had to have a clue when they had to get rid of most of their household staff, and the kids were sent to public school. Why didn't she sit down with her husband and discuss finances? It was sad seeing him become less and less tolerant of her, my heart sort of went out to her then. But, I still say, how could she have been so clueless? I guess she made him fall in love with the dumb version of her, and she didn't know how to step out of that role.

And for God's sake, teach those kids how to pick up their dog's poop! And to feed their salamander, or turtle, or whatever it was before it starved to death.

I googled them recently and it looks like they're back to building the Versailles mansion, so I guess timeshares are back up again.

I agree, great documentary. I would encourage anyone here to rent it, or see it.

I read that after the movie came out, they tried to sue (or they did, I can't remember) the filmmaker. I mean, really, it was a reality documentary. Did they really expect it to be rainbows and cupcakes? Obviously, the filmmaker was there to show the downside of the family, too.

Anyways - the movie itself was a lot better than I thought it would be. A train wreck, for sure.

Archived