IGNORED

Daytona 500 - Can Danica Win?

Buzzard

I dont understand the point of watching people drive around in a circle for hours on end... but apparently there have been a lot of crashes today and my facebook feed is now filling up with comments that she may actually pull it off.

22 laps to go at this point, no idea what that translates into in real time but I'd love for her to pull it off!

I'd love to Danica to win, too.

I was talking to my daughter who has gone to DisneyWorld with her husband and daughter for her little girl's first trip to the World. They were leaving yesterday afternoon, driving to Jacksonville to stay overnight, and then driving the rest of the way to WDW this morning. I told my daughter it was good that they weren't going during race week as hotels near Daytona were very expensive then. Once in 1999, I paid $150 for a room at the Days or Comfort Inn near Daytona. I found out there was a race at Daytona that weekend

My little granddaughter cried when she had to leave Pooh today. I think that must have been the first Disney character she met.

She Can......but she didn't.....this time, :(

8TH place ain't bad, hopefully things will be better at phoenix next week? I hope!

She Can......but she didn't.....this time, :(

8TH place ain't bad, hopefully things will be better at phoenix next week? I hope!

She led a lap which is a first for a woman so thats a good thing. I watched the end and she was in third until the last lap. I was pulling for her! The interview after the race was interesting. She said that she didnt think she could make a move because no one would back her up and felt like she'd get freight trained. I hope that is related to team mates racing for each other rather than others keeping her back because she was a woman.

Archived