IGNORED

My fundie nightmare (totally worth the read)

flyawaystray

So, going to a drag show makes you a drag queen. So if I go to a puppet show, does that make me a puppet? The stupid, it burns!!!! :roll:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, going to a drag show makes you a drag queen. So if I go to a puppet show, does that make me a puppet? The stupid, it burns!!!! :roll:

Does this mean I get to be a rock star?!

How very loving and Christian of them.

It seems to me that rather than YOU being the one who has presented yourself as something other than you maybe were, they are the ones who did exactly that. They aren't open, love they neighbor, non-judgemental people. They kicked you out and are trying to put it on you for being in the wrong? No, they misrepresented themselves and definitely should be refunding the money for your stay since you had to leave when they locked you out of the room. If your name was on the room, she had no right to tell the front desk not to issue you another key, and I would definitely pursue getting the money back.

It is really pissing me off that Fundies have co-oped a trademark. IHOP in the US is a restaurant. It has nothing to do with religion, unless you pray to breakfast food.

It is really pissing me off that Fundies have co-oped a trademark. IHOP in the US is a restaurant. It has nothing to do with religion, unless you pray to breakfast food.

They've been doing that for years. Googling "christian t-shirts" just now I found "parodies" of Subway, Apple, Aeropostale, Reese's, Intel, Facebook, YouTube, Hunger Games, Tapout, Call of Duty, Arm & Hammer, Monster energy drink and about a million more. For some reason they always seem to get a free pass when it comes to copyright infringement. I suppose any company that objected would be accused of "persecuting" Christians or something. :roll:

How did you know these people in the first place? Did you know much about IHOP before you went?
Forgive me for double posting, but I'm super curious about this too. You said they were FB friends, had you met any of them in real life before the trip? Did they know each other IRL already? A sounds like a major psycho drama queen and a bully, did you have any communication with any of the others after the "incident"? Do you feel like they actually agreed with her, or do you think they were more just going along with her to not make waves?

How did you know these people in the first place? Did you know much about IHOP before you went?

I met them on FB. I had been friends with the girls for two years. I wasn't wary because I had been friends with other people they knew, so I wasn't worried about the girls really being guys, or serial killers, or anything like that.

I knew a little of IHOP, which is why I declined to go to the conference and head down to Tampa to see my family instead.

A's dad technically owned the timeshare, so my name wasn't on the room, and neither were the other two girls. The room was in A's dad's name and she had to prove she was related to her dad via id. So she did have a legal right to tell the guy at the desk not to give me a new key. Was it morally wrong? absolutely.

They've been doing that for years. Googling "christian t-shirts" just now I found "parodies" of Subway, Apple, Aeropostale, Reese's, Intel, Facebook, YouTube, Hunger Games, Tapout, Call of Duty, Arm & Hammer, Monster energy drink and about a million more. For some reason they always seem to get a free pass when it comes to copyright infringement. I suppose any company that objected would be accused of "persecuting" Christians or something. :roll:

Just did it. The worst is "this shirt is illegal in X countries". A group can be marginalized in one country whilst being privileged in another, but I guess that's too much thinking.

YES IT WAS!!! I had an amazing time!

Yeah, I don't know how in A's mind transgendered or drag = thief. Her logic was so twisted. I don't steal. I've never stolen anything in my life. I pride myself in being a decent human being, and I got treated like crap.

I didn't mention the other stuff, like me needing to refill my medication on the trip and asking A if we could to go to the nearest CVS (couldn't walk there so someone had to drive). And she kept putting it off, but I absolutely needed it. Then while at CVS, she decided to film a video or whatever in the parking lot while wearing her bathing suit.

Then A would say stuff about my body like: "look how flat your stomach is, I could never get mine to look like that", and then I made some comment. I think I said something like "your stomach looks good today" or whatever, and then she went off of me and was all butthurt and offended and was like: "you do know how self conscious I am because I have a feeding tube, right?"

Yeah....you're so self conscious that you posted pics of you on FB in your bathing suit, posing with your IV pole, then paraded around CVS outside in a bathing suit, made a video, then posted it on FB for everyone to see.

Yikes! The cray-cray is spread thick with that one!

Indeed. I've moved on and I can't find A on Facebook anymore. I did see she deactivated it once shortly after I stopped being friends with her, but knowing what an attention whore she is, I doubt she deleted it for good. She probably made it so that she doesn't show up via search.

Archived