IGNORED

My fundie nightmare (totally worth the read)

flyawaystray

Did you mention that drag queens aren't necessarily (or often) transgendered? So much wtf here.

Also, when I first read your post I thought they were all attending some sort of pancake convention, which is something I could totes get behind.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry that your vacation turned out to be a journey into the crazy. It's interesting that these so-called Christian ladies are exhibiting behaviors that are anything but Christian. And they all sound pretty nuts to boot. The FB post written to you explaining it all was just unbelievable. Judgemental much? And it would be unforgiving on your part to not understand why they were so suspicious and paranoid? Wow, just wow. Must suck to be them to do such twisty mind games on themselves and see evil in everything and lurking in every corner.

Well, glad to you had a place to go after you left the timeshare and could salvage some of your vacation.

But on a lighter note, Hamburger Mary's is a great place! Mr. Nokidsmom and I went to one in Vegas that has since closed but the hamburgers were awesome plus we loved the fun and alternative vibe of the place. Didn't see a drag show though.

ETA: When I read IHOP, I did think of the pancake place.

Flyawaystray: Be honest, Hamburger Mary's was totally worth it, wasn't it? ;)

(Seriously, I'm sorry you had to deal with that crazy ass bullshit.)

What is it with people who use ellipses....instead of semicolons or commas .... even periods .... I just don't know....but it seems that the weirder the folk....the more ellipses....

This drives me crazy, mostly because I uses ellipses correctly: usually when removing text from something I am quoting, but also when I have an unfinished thought.

But what really drives me bonkers is when instead of an ellipses, the writer uses a series of commas,,,,,,,

:angry-steamingears:

But, then again, I have a few English degrees... ;)

It must be absolutely exhausting to be those people. Living in hilariously irrational fear and ignorance like that, all the time.

And even if you were a drag queen/transgendered, what fucking business is it of theirs?! I'm surprised people like this have room to breathe in between butting into other people's lives and judging them! I'm glad your family were there for you and you weren't stranded. As for the "friendship", sounds like you had a lucky escape.

Wait - what? IHOP is a cult? I thought it was a fast food restaurant like a Denny's or something. Can somebody fill me in? We don't have them up here and when I tried to Google it I got so many hits that I didn't know where to start.

Also to OP - so sorry you had to spend time with such small minded nit wits. I guess that's why we shouldn't spend holidays with people we don't know really really well.

International House of Pancakes (the good IHOP) is a restaurant. International House of Prayer (the bad IHOP) is an Evangelical Protestant organization based in Kansas City that does missions and curriculums and conferences.

I have no idea why the pancakes people haven't cease-and-desisted the prayer people long ago.

I especially love how they say:

I think you are just as much at fault here as the rest of us

But then try to blame it completely on you with "there was a lack of honesty and openness on your part" and "I forgive you for not telling us in advance".

Also, "I did not kick you out of the hotel either. You were never kicked out. I would have preferred you to stay last night, actually." Really?

Yeah, because most people want to stay overnight in a hotel room with a bunch of crazy-ass paranoid cultists who already locked them out of said hotel room because of their choice of entertainment venue.

Let me get this straight. If you go to drag shows, then you must be a drag queen/king. And if you're a drag queen/king, then you must be "confused about your identity" (which may or may not be Fundyspeak for trans). And if you're "confused about your identity" (which may or may not mean trans), then you cannot be trusted with other people's property.

The batshit is strong with these ones.

So watching a drag show = transgendered = thief of Christian luggage.

Hmm. Interesting. Clearly they have transpeople confused with drag artists, but who would expect such upstanding Christian ladies to know the subtle nuances of the LGBT world?

We're all satan's spawn. ESPECIALLY the ones who pretend to be straight and then go to Hamburger Mary's and post it on facebook for their bad IHOP-humping friends to read and then wonder why their IHOP-humping friends suddenly lock them out of their room for maybe possibly being transgendered.

International House of Pancakes (the good IHOP) is a restaurant. International House of Prayer (the bad IHOP) is an Evangelical Protestant organization based in Kansas City that does missions and curriculums and conferences.

I have no idea why the pancakes people haven't cease-and-desisted the prayer people long ago.

They tried: http://blogs.laweekly.com/squidink/2010 ... _of_pr.php

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/16/iho ... index.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... -name.html

I don't remember what ever came of it, but obviously the cult is still using the name, so..

Maybe you should have gone out for pancakes with the drag queens.

That is just bizarre to me. I can't even really wrap my brain around it. You are some how dishonest and hiding who you are because you went to a drag show?

So they kicked you out because you could possibly be a secret klepto drag queen who might steal their stuff? Did they have really fabulous makeup and shoes in their luggage? High end hair extensions and fake eyelashes?

Please take them on Judge Judy! I'd love to see the nutcases in person, so to speak. You'd get your portion of the money back because they did a constructive eviction by keeping you from your room for two hours and then creating a hostile environment causing you to leave.

I love the part where 'A' said they weren't judging, all the while judging you and finding you lacking. Then to say that you were dishonest while they were lying to you about what was really happening - it's hilarious!

Take them on TV and let the world see their hypocritical idiocy, then sit back and smile while Judge Judy tells them off. Oh, and ask for the extra money you spent because you had to change your flight.

I just realised, I went to a magic show last year and a super science stage show last month... I'm a magical scientist!!!! I might cancel those blue man tickets, though.

Oh man, I would love to be a magical scientist. The powers of magic and science combined! What shit could you NOT do? :)

Flyawaystray: Be honest, Hamburger Mary's was totally worth it, wasn't it? ;)

(Seriously, I'm sorry you had to deal with that crazy ass bullshit.)

YES IT WAS!!! I had an amazing time!

Yeah, I don't know how in A's mind transgendered or drag = thief. Her logic was so twisted. I don't steal. I've never stolen anything in my life. I pride myself in being a decent human being, and I got treated like crap.

I didn't mention the other stuff, like me needing to refill my medication on the trip and asking A if we could to go to the nearest CVS (couldn't walk there so someone had to drive). And she kept putting it off, but I absolutely needed it. Then while at CVS, she decided to film a video or whatever in the parking lot while wearing her bathing suit.

Then A would say stuff about my body like: "look how flat your stomach is, I could never get mine to look like that", and then I made some comment. I think I said something like "your stomach looks good today" or whatever, and then she went off of me and was all butthurt and offended and was like: "you do know how self conscious I am because I have a feeding tube, right?"

Yeah....you're so self conscious that you posted pics of you on FB in your bathing suit, posing with your IV pole, then paraded around CVS outside in a bathing suit, made a video, then posted it on FB for everyone to see.

Glad you enjoyed Hamburger Mary's! Your post reminded me of how great the hamburgers were and prompted me to look up if there was a location in my area and there are now two! Will have to go and maybe we can catch the drag show.

So they kicked you out because you could possibly be a secret klepto drag queen who might steal their stuff? Did they have really fabulous makeup and shoes in their luggage? High end hair extensions and fake eyelashes?

No, none of the women wore makeup or anything really. I did bring makeup and such, but I don't wear nearly enough of it to resemble a drag queen, hahah. I put on foundation, usually subtle gold eye shadow, and then a darker brown eye shadow in my crease. Sometimes I'll wear lipstick. But I brought a bunch of makeup in case the other girls wanted to mess around with it.

Oh, and there was the episode where A put her i-Phone on the table outside by the pool at the resort. There was a strong gust of wind and the phone fell face down and the glass broke. A had a fit and despite the broken glass, she kept using her phone. The girls and I spent a lot of time at the nearest Apple store and A was trying to get her phone fixed for free but the guy said nope, it's $99. But of course she first went to her phone provider and threatened to cancel her contract until she found out there was a termination fee.

She ended up not getting the phone repaired because she's a spesul snowflake and didn't want to pay any money at all and was like: "but my fingers are getting cut up!!!!!"

Yeah well A, it was your choice to keep using it.

Nokidsmom: you totally have to go! The one I went to also does fundraisers and such for the LGBT community :)

Nokidsmom: you totally have to go! The one I went to also does fundraisers and such for the LGBT community :)

One location advertises the Gospel Brunch drag show on Sundays. Might go for that as my birthday is coming up and on a Sunday. I can see your friends totally pearl clutching over that!

You'll have to go and then report back :)

Yeah, they'll probably think you're a drag queen, too! Well, ex-friends. As soon as I got back, I defriended and blocked everyone involved in the trip.

Evil IHOP is...well...evil.

From Wikipedia:

On October 30, 2012, former IHOPKC intern Bethany Deaton was found dead in an apparent suicide.[14] Days later, IHOPU student Micah Moore came forward to Grandview police and was subsequently charged with Bethany Deaton's murder.[15] In statements to police, Moore claimed that he was part of a religious group with Bethany and Tyler Deaton.[16] Moore and other witnesses claimed that group leader and IHOPU graduate Tyler Deaton ordered his wife's murder to prevent her from revealing sexual assaults within the group.[17] While IHOPKC materials and website listed Tyler Deaton as a division coordinator for IHOPKC friendship groups until five days after Bethany's death, IHOPKC officials claim that Tyler Deaton's group was not connected to IHOPKC.[18][19][20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... _of_Prayer

Please take them on Judge Judy! I'd love to see the nutcases in person, so to speak. You'd get your portion of the money back because they did a constructive eviction by keeping you from your room for two hours and then creating a hostile environment causing you to leave.

I love the part where 'A' said they weren't judging, all the while judging you and finding you lacking. Then to say that you were dishonest while they were lying to you about what was really happening - it's hilarious!

Take them on TV and let the world see their hypocritical idiocy, then sit back and smile while Judge Judy tells them off. Oh, and ask for the extra money you spent because you had to change your flight.

I would love to watch that. Judge Judy would tear them a new one for sure.

My best friend lives in Tampa. Next time I drive down to visit (I'm about 1 1/2 hours north) I'll have to check out this Hamburger Mary's place if it's on her side of town!

Sorry about the shitty people and the shitty conference. Also sorry that all of this crazy is going down in my home state, ugh. I'm glad your aunt and cousin are cool, though!

Archived