IGNORED

they can has rooms!-lias kids living like human beings....

tabitha2

I'm really not seeing the problem with it being a crib mattress instead of a twin - isn't the kid only 4 or 5 ? They are easier to clean, lighter weight and easier to change the sheets. I agree with others that pull-ups make more sense if it happens every night ... but that is a different issue than the size of the bed.

Of course that would depend on the size of the child - most of my family is short - so a child up until 6 to 8 years old would fit on the crib mattress no problem. I guess for a tall child it would be younger. I think if the night wetting is only a couple times a week and/or she's soaking through the pull-ups it's a good solution. I would hope a 4 year old isn't in charge of doing their own laundry, but a 7 year old certainly could.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was gonna say, they make plastic mattress covers still in 2013, don't they? Strap a towel sheet over that in the sleeping position (to feel nice rather than plastic) and it's only that small thing you gotta wash when the inevitable happens.

crib mattress/cot matterss? Just occured to me that our old cot mattress was normal mattress was normal one side and plastic back the other. Maybe theirs is like that?

With only doing a smaller load many washing machines you can dial the load size down and therefore use less water. Or you can wash in the laundry sink or a nappy bucket. You dont want to be leaving a wet cloth nappy more than 2 days :shock: or that one nappy you forget for a week and is hiding in a plastic bag. I let DH do that one :twisted:

*snip*

Personally, I thought it was more wasteful to use the washer for tiny loads of 3 diapers than to use disposables, and they smelled too bad if we let them go more than 3 days - again, we're only really using one per day, at night. I also thought it was frankly gross to either throw the cloth diaper in with other clothes or to wash it by hand in the same sink I use for other purposes, like cleaning hands or, in the kitchen sink, food prep. Maybe I'm a touch germaphobic. There are worse things to be! Anyways, I figured one disposable pull up a day is just not the end of the world, but YMMV. I'm not what I would call a cloth diaper "advocate." I used them because I'm cheap, and I frankly don't care what anyone else uses on their kid, as long as they aren't, y'know, letting them sleep in a puddle every night like Kim is apparently doing to her daughter.

This is why we're back to disposables too.

I don't mind doing cloth laundry but when you're talking (on days when she's @ childcare), 1-2 diapers a day, it gets to be a PITA to do laundry--I hate doing 1/2 loads and full loads don't happen fast enough.

I don't have a big enough stash of the diapers that work now and the math wasn't promising to actually invest in them AND have to do a lot of fighting w the household system to get laundry done.

But I'm going to interrupt this general discussion of pee to give a PSA that a doc should be informed if there's bed-wetting beyond normal ages--high profile case in point: http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/03 ... /et-lopez3

(didn't break link, news site)

Archived