IGNORED

The Double D Women

AtroposHeart

In other words women can't win anyway. We are evil no matter what we do or desire.

unmaskingfeminism.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/deserving-and-demanding-the-double-d-women/

[Edit]

The person who wrote this is a woman, but that doesn't make it any less stupid and offensive

So it's bad for a woman to want a career, but it's also bad for a woman to want someone to support her. What exactly is she supposed to do?

Also, the bit about modern women demanding the vote vs. traditional women demanding to be on a pedestal---does she seriously think stay-at-home mothers don't care about voting? My very traditional SAHM mother and grandmother both followed politics and took their votes seriously. I remember my grandmother watching the Sunday morning political shows when I was a child. She couldn't vote until she was 25.

So it's bad for a woman to want a career, but it's also bad for a woman to want someone to support her. What exactly is she supposed to do?

Also, the bit about modern women demanding the vote vs. traditional women demanding to be on a pedestal---does she seriously think stay-at-home mothers don't care about voting? My very traditional SAHM mother and grandmother both followed politics and took their votes seriously. I remember my grandmother watching the Sunday morning political shows when I was a child. She couldn't vote until she was 25.

There is no gray with fundies. Only black and white

:lol: Double D ? All I could think of was that show where the women are fitted for the correct bras.

I love how they throw in demanding the right to vote :shock: Has anyone else noticed how this is creeping into the far right crazyland rhetoric lately ? I think it is an extremely clever tool in getting people to slowly question things that have been mainstream and a given right for a very long time.

They did it with birth control too --- throwing it out there as something fringe, in a list with other things that the more normal members of their target audience might have actual disagreement with (abortion, universal health care) - until now you have more mainstream teabaggers and conservatives speaking out against it. A few years ago could you have imagined anyone in mainstream society speaking out against birth control as a concept ?

( with obvious exemptions for religious beliefs of course )

Or Social Security - nobody who wasn't a complete fringe fanatic questioned social security for the elderly and disabled as a generally fair concept - until they started routinely throwing it in the same bucket with "welfare-queens" .

They are truly masterful at marketing to sway public opinion.

I've noticed this too. I just read an article about how they've been mentioning trying to repeal women's sufferage at the National Review Online. rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/20/national-review-blogger-calls-for-repeal-of-womens-suffrage/

This woman has given women exact instructions on how to live life according to her (and other fundies') and God's ideals. Here is what they should do...

Nothing. Women should take no action on living their lives according to how they want. That is not for them to decide. It is up to the men in their life to decide what is best for them. The only thing in their lives that they can hope for is gifts bestowed on them by men for correct behavior.

It sounds like she is reducing women to the role of dogs in other households. Just hoping to get "one more biscuit" or to "throw the ball just one more time". A woman making decisions in her life is not filling her proper role. It is not up to a woman to make decisions but to be constantly taken for walks on a leash. To be led where her "masters" decide she should go.

It seems like fundie men don't want partners but adoring pets who will bestow love and adoration on them simply for existing and feeding them.

This woman has given women exact instructions on how to live life according to her (and other fundies') and God's ideals. Here is what they should do...

Nothing. Women should take no action on living their lives according to how they want. That is not for them to decide. It is up to the men in their life to decide what is best for them. The only thing in their lives that they can hope for is gifts bestowed on them by men for correct behavior.

It sounds like she is reducing women to the role of dogs in other households. Just hoping to get "one more biscuit" or to "throw the ball just one more time". A woman making decisions in her life is not filling her proper role. It is not up to a woman to make decisions but to be constantly taken for walks on a leash. To be led where her "masters" decide she should go.

It seems like fundie men don't want partners but adoring pets who will bestow love and adoration on them simply for existing and feeding them.

Actually, she wrote a post a few years back comparing women to dogs. She took a dog training manual and changed the word dog to wife or woman

Archived