IGNORED

What true Godly women carry in their purse

prairiemuffin

These people are insane. When would that ever happen anyway? The majority of Americans are Christian, and they are not persecuted at all. Also what kind of psycho would shoot a preschooler for their religious beliefs, they barely even know that the people in the TV arent actually little people performing in there for them and think theres fairies at the bottom of the garden.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait! What happened with God will provide? Carrying anything else than all the Bibles she can fit in her purse just proves she doesn't trust in God enough!

My inability to make a fire with no matches or a lighter caused issues for me in Girl Scouts. So I will just put on my lip gloss and write goodbye notes to all my friends and family and just hope JFC comes by to save me.

Wait, they let you join the Girl Scouts? Didn't they know Girl Scouts are all lesbians and ebil liberals? Get thee to AWANA!

Candy believes in a mid-tribulation Rapture, so presumably she, her headship and the blessings are all going to be in the woods, eating what mom can trap and hunt. Good thing she has a spare headcovering, eh?

ROTFLMAO.

But seriously, don't mock. She could rotate the two headcoverings and let her dh wipe his ass with the spare.

These people are insane. When would that ever happen anyway? The majority of Americans are Christian, and they are not persecuted at all. Also what kind of psycho would shoot a preschooler for their religious beliefs, they barely even know that the people in the TV arent actually little people performing in there for them and think theres fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Now ILoveJellybeans, don't you know that fairies are from Satan?

It was the early 80's and apparently no one knew back then that Girl Scouts were bad. AWANA didn't show up in area churches until the 90's. Girl Scouts are probably why I turned into a liberal, feminsts, athiest. It was all the hiking, craft making and cookie selling that did it.

Persecution complex makes them feel like extra, extra special snowflakes.

Of course, because if the government (or the devil, or whoever) is going to spend a lot of effort keeping track of what you do and trying to stop you, it's a sign that you must be really important and powerful.

Another use for Lemurknits' tampons. Tampons are more effective than bandanas for yer Molotov.

You know, I wrote that bit about the Molotov, and thought "Hmm, I wonder if JFC will see this. She likes explosions."

Do you have some sort of alert to discussions of weapons? ;)

Godly women pack lube in their purses, in case their headships need some emergency lovin' and they're not, ya know, particularly aroused at the thought.

I know from experience, because I am super godly.

In my non-Godly purse:

Wallet (stuffed with credit cards and old receipts)

Makeup (because I never have time/adequate light at my house and do my make up in the car/at work)

tampons (because I am a woman who bleeds)

A bottle of aspirin (for hangovers)

two envelopes where I am supposed to put the receipts that I save (one for reimbursements, one for personal)

a cocoa butter stick (because it's cold and dry and i have dry skin)

a bottle of hand lotion that my mom gave me (because it smells nice)

a mileage log

my phone and phone charger

sometimes my iPad

In my car I have an arctic survival kit that I made myself. it contains jumper cables, blankets, flares, and a first aid kit. In the first aid kit are supplies for first aid, including a tampon and some dental floss. I also have a deck of cards and a headlamp. there is a bottle of antifreeze and some dried emergency food and a camp stove. I'm not a prepper, but I know that being stranded for even a few minutes in below zero temperatures can be dangerous.

Is this a purse or a really crappy bug out bag?

I have a cell phone, my cards, and my car keys. Okay, and a bunch of straw wrappers for some reason.

I forgot to say that I had my iPad in my pursed stuffed with 2 balls of yard, a circular knitting needle, and 3 books. I don't think I had my car key though. I wasn't going to need it so I left it at home. In the bag that I'm currently carrying (a Sierra Club messenger bag), I did have a copy of Zen Mind, Beginner's Ming by Shunryu Suzuki Roshi in the outside pocket, but it's been replaced by a spiral notebook.

Former Gothardite's mention of the Girl Scouts reminds that it's Cookie Time! Time for some Thin Mints!

Sorry, OT but am I right in understanding from one of the posters that she lives in a trailer? I just looked at the video on her site and that thing is huge - 2 bathrooms?! Do you really get 2 bathroom trailers?

Sorry I live in the UK in a house smaller than that thing with one bathroom so totally fascinated now :lol:

Sorry, OT but am I right in understanding from one of the posters that she lives in a trailer? I just looked at the video on her site and that thing is huge - 2 bathrooms?! Do you really get 2 bathroom trailers?

Sorry I live in the UK in a house smaller than that thing with one bathroom so totally fascinated now :lol:

It's a pre-fabricated home. Which she had an absolute shit-fit about after they moved into it and people were calling it what it was.

It's really too bad she took down the video she made before the current one. It was made in the midst of her being very concerned about her privacy, and showed things like....the door to the bathroom, the outside door, a valance.

She's a piece of work. She was my gateway fundie-I've just fallen off following her in the past year or so because she's gotten so f'ing BORING most of the time.

Ah, thanks PrarieMuffin, understand now. It kind of looks like a trailer even on the inside because of the low ceilings etc but I was puzzled by all the rooms :D

I had to start sitting through some services when I was a preschooler and the preachers were always going on about "What would you do if right now the government walked in here, pointed a gun at you and said to renounce God or be shot". Then they would always have stories of missionaries being tortured for their faith and how this was going to happen in America. Got to love IFB pastor stories.

:shock: Holy Cripes!!! My IFB church was way more subtle than that. If they had tried to preach that crap at all, let alone in the presence of children, the congregation would have high-tailed it out of there. That was several years ago, so I wonder how far they have fallen down the rabbit hole since then.

Because of IFB preacher stories I spent a long time thinking you could dig to hell. They were always telling a story about how in Africa they dug a deep hole and had to stop because they heard the screams of people begging to get out of hell. This was told as being real. And then I wondered why they just didn't keep digging and rescue them. This was the 70's and 80's and despite all the scary stories, the IFB churches I went to had no problem with women working, wearing pants at home and kids going to public school.

I do carry a micro-sized Leatherman tool with a knife and scissors in my purse, but it's wee tiny. It's more for quick cutting the tags off of something than it is a survival tool. It's also pink :D (I picked pink because my dh is liable to nick sharp pointy objects, but waaaay less likely to nick a pink one :naughty: )

I have lipstick, lip gloss/balm, a small notepad, wallet, iPod, cell, and some emergency meds with me in my purse, so pretty small. My knitting bag however...We could live for *months* on the contents of my knitting bag! (That's also where I keep my full sized Leatherman tool)

She lives in a 1995 Clayton mobile home. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Nice kitchen but if you saw her living room and the plaid vs cabbage roses decor you'd puke.

She believes in what she deigns. She reads the Bible incessantly and doesn't go to a Bible study to discern anything. She's a loony toon.

(Candy if you're spying which I think you are, remember nothing is ever lost online).

I love home tours which consist of pictures of door knobs, washing machines, and dishwashers. And photos where she poses with her biceps extended and a mixing bowl in the other arm wearing a Wal Mart doo rag.

you can tell I'm not a fan. :mrgreen:

A book about hunting and trapping? Really?

My ultra-ultra-Catholic grandmother used to insist that we carry a good-sized book or magazine. We were supposed to use it as a barrier if we were forced to sit on a boy's lap in an over-crowded car (because this would be totally defrauding and probably result in instant pregnancy).

Where does she live that she needs a bandanna to set on fire? Does she have the need to make a molotov cocktail? Maybe she should cram an empty bottle as well, you know, just in case. And a small container of gasoline.

Well, Yeah! You never know when you're going to find yourself driving by an abortion clinic and god tells you to fire-bomb the place. Gasoline is always at hand in the car, and there's probably a bunch of empty juice containers rattling around in the back seat.

Isn't Candy one of the fundie women who is always armed, or am I thinking of LiaS?

I took a look at her blog and stumbled over "The Proverbs 31 Woman", where she interprets the differents verses. Or should I say, try to misinterpret them as much as she thinks fit.

""She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms." -Verses 16 and 17

"She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff." -Verse 19

"She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant." -Verse 24

There is beauty and depth in this verses, and potential imho. And when I see, how "Candy" lowers and and ... CRIPPLES... them so they could fit into her tiny worldview, especially talking about Vers24 here ( Candy:" It is not a job. NO. THIS COULDNT BE! THIS WOULD GO AGAINST THE VISION FORUM! BILICAL WOMEN NEVER WORKED. So ladies, don´t take the bible in account - take me instead!") it makes me kinda sad. And angry. Sangry! :evil:

I agree with your post so much that I have to delurk to give you kudos.

I'm not even a Christian any longer (Former Catholic, now Eclectic Nondenominational Neo-Pagan), and I still love Proverbs 31 to bits because it's such a powerful description of a competent, strong woman.

Trying to use it to justify wifely submission is nothing short of asinine.

Back to lurking!

Hywelis

Ive been noticing a prepper theme with Candy too. She mentions that they have cable/satellite in one of her previous posts so it wouldnt surprise me if shes been watching Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo. Apparently they had some episode with "godly" preppers called seven trumpets or something so, that probably helped inspire her. Im actually pretty shocked that she would be watching it all. They had an "evil" lesbian on one of the episodes.

Archived