IGNORED

Where are all the woodworkers?

doggie

I do it more for a living then anything else. I miss making furniture but you can only do so much for your household then you start getting can you do this for free family members.

This sign was one if the few finished projects I have tone in awhile. a9agujes.jpg

ny8y4uvy.jpg

Don't you make cool soap dishes or something like that doggie?

• 2 months later...

One of my favorite woodworkiing sites is ana-white.com

I just wish I could actually make something, I don't have a table saw which makes it very difficult.

One of my favorite woodworkiing sites is ana-white.com

I just wish I could actually make something, I don't have a table saw which makes it very difficult.

lack tools is tough. I have noticed there are more places that rent out tools/space now.

• 2 months later...

I have no idea where to start with woodworking but have always wanted to have a go. Can you recommend any sites for beginners, Doggie?

I have no idea where to start with woodworking but have always wanted to have a go. Can you recommend any sites for beginners, Doggie?

that's a good question. a library may be a better place to start I think tons of woodworking books from start to finish. Plus it ins info that does not age. not sure on sites as I was doing it before the internet. I know here in Portland there are places you can rent space/tools so it is cheap to try it out and see if you like it. That way you don't have to invest in tools till you see what it is about. community college is a good way too to start with. here is the first site I found http://sawdustmaking.com/

Thank you! I'm going to make some time over the next couple of months for research. Didn't realise that it's possible to rent workshop space. It would be so cool to be able to build simple furniture, fitted shelves etc. The ideas on Ana White's site are inspiring but way beyond my level of expertise (which is zero, ATM).

Love that sign, BTW :-)

Archived