IGNORED

That Wife's In A Tizzy

Morton Fan

Who does she think she is that she thinks she can control what people say about her on the internet? I'll say this again: if you have a blog; it's open to the PUBLIC, dumbshit. So if a news article that is unfavorable online is published and the public can see it, they can't talk about it because the author doesn't want what they think of hurtful reviews of their article? The internet is 1 of the greatest results of people wanting freedoms of expression which you cannot control. Besides, you shouldn't be having a blog if you want to be a Godly woman. You should shut up, stay at home, keep house, please your husband as much as possible and take care of your kids. Do as you fucking preach, bitch.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most fundys don't bother me. Some I even like to an extent, even if I don't agree with all their lifestyles. But That Wife is one that I can truly say I hate. Her treatment of T1 is not forgivable.

QFT. Her faux-sunny disposition is a loathesome and thin mask for a truly twisted persona, and she has so little self-awareness that she puts it all out there for public consumption.

I miss the archives before ThatJerk made her scrub her blog squeaky-clean. People who go in and read now do not see what those of us who have been watching know is a long, long trend of sick behavior. I hate to even think about it, but the new baby girl doesn't have too many years before she picks up on Mom's body issues, and it makes me sad.

QFT. Her faux-sunny disposition is a loathesome and thin mask for a truly twisted persona, and she has so little self-awareness that she puts it all out there for public consumption.

I miss the archives before ThatJerk made her scrub her blog squeaky-clean. People who go in and read now do not see what those of us who have been watching know is a long, long trend of sick behavior. I hate to even think about it, but the new baby girl doesn't have too many years before she picks up on Mom's body issues, and it makes me sad.

Don't worry, squeaky-clean to Jenna and TH still includes lots of creepy stuff. Try a blog-search for "chux," for example. :)

I think most people would agree that a 2 year old shouldn't be babysitting. I agree, she has no one to blame but herself. I hate to say this, but she will not wise up unless something bad results from her negligence.

She would blame T1 if anything bad happened, never mind that any fool knows you don't leave a toddler alone with a newborn, ever. (I'm surprised she doesn't just leave her kids alone with the dog for a babysitter, like in Peter Pan. :roll: )

I'm sure someone has loads of screenshots of her blog before she scrubbed it. And there's always the way back machine. It'll be interesting to see if the screenshots and such are trotted out when tragedy strikes and she blames someone else.

Don't worry, squeaky-clean to Jenna and TH still includes lots of creepy stuff. Try a blog-search for "chux," for example. :)

Now I will know that if chux comes up in Jenna-land, it's time to run screaming because it is not going to be a pleasant sight.

Blergh. Thanks for the reminder-- the blog-scrubbing was only to remove unfavorable lighting on ThatJerk; Jenna is still free to creep us out all over the place as long as she doesn't make him look bad or weird. She still manages to, but it's far more passive-aggressive now.

Placenta prints? From a freezer-kept placenta?

:puke-huge:

I love what one blogger said about GOMI, as posted on the forum about ThatBitch.

elliequent.com/2013/02/thoughts-on-gomi.html

An example:

Have you been an asshole, either on your blog, or on social media? Expect to be called out. Have you been rude, or sanctimonious, or condescending, or smug, or entitled, or hypocritical? Expect to be called out. Have you been a know-it-all, yet proven wrong, and refused to admit it? Have you censored or deleted comments, or - worse, IMO - been one of those bloggers who childishly only sides with commenters who agree with you all the while ignoring the very good points that dissenters have brought up? Expect to be called out.

Yes, she is aware of FJ. She's read here and PMed with at least one member when T1 was still Bathroom Baby.

And while I'm here, she will have no one to blame but herself when her son grows up to be a sociopath and we're watching him on CNN in an orange jumpsuit.

I sincerely hope that doesn't happen. She better pray to moroni that her son doesn't. It's a good argument for nature vs. nurture.

I sincerely hope that doesn't happen. She better pray to moroni that her son doesn't. It's a good argument for nature vs. nurture.

Oh, I don't want it to happen, either. But i think there's a good chance because she ignores him. He's had like zero attention from her, ever, and now there's a new baby. Recipe for disaster, if you ask me.

I was also thinking the same thing about the Valetines. TW's fellow Mormon mommy blogger NieNie also had her head up her ass on Valentine's Day because she said her son only wanted to give Valentines to five classmates. TW is dumb about a lot of simple things. I agree she is mostly hated on for the dangerous and uncaring things she does. I can see her quitting blogging at some point.

I don't think she'll quit blogging. She loves the attention, even if it's negative, and she has a large group of leghumpers who rave over her and tell her what a wonderful, artistic, creative, spiritual, caring earth mother she is.

I don't know what world people live in where Jenna is a mothering role model, but she has a large fan base. And they will keep sending her stuff even when she's publicly stated that she won't acknowledge it in any way.

Me too. And it seemed an odd thing to get in a tizzy about, considering I've seen people insult her weight, her husband's nipples, and her sub-par parenting.

ETA: nm

She's probably answering that particular charge because it's the only one that, deep down, she thinks "the haters" are wrong about (although they are not; baby or no baby, you're an asshole if you don't acknowledge gifts.)

She's GOT to know that she's an abusive, hateful mother. We know that she is self-loathing about her weight and has (sadly) bought into the cultural message that she is not good enough. I don't know a damn thing about TH's nipples, so I'm leaving that alone. But, from what I know of mommies, there are plenty of them that think they have some special dispensation regarding basic kindnesses once you pop out a baby or twenty. She probably thought she would have tons of backup.

Did That Husband lock up the cheese again?

Damn, him! Now she's all cray-cray going bat-shit crazy over thank you notes. Doesn't she realize she can go to the grocery store and buy some cheese? Jeez, TW, you're kind of overly dramatic.

Okay, I didn't realize that T2 was born. And her name is on the blog.

Does anyone know T1's name? I am curious.

Me too. I'm (pleasantly) surprised she went with a conventional name for T2.

How is her head so far up her own butt that she didn't realize kids send valentines to all their classmates every year? Doesn't she remember her own childhood?

Most of the things people hate on her for are things that are actually dangerous or uncaring, rather than petty things like her weight. I may have heard occasional criticism of her weight, and I don't agree with it, but I've equally heard that people think it's sad that she is constantly on a diet and asking her husband to literally lock up the cheese and put it in the freezer. I've heard negative feedback mainly for the following events: T1 sleeping in a pack-and-play in the bathroom as his permanent sleeping place, TW and TH shaving his head with an electric razor in a bathtub full of water, allowing T1 to pull on and chew on the venetian blinds cords, propping him with a bottle as an infant instead of holding him while feeding, neglecting to interact with T1 in order that he might develop his speech at an age-appropriate level, and for T2, saying she disliked obtaining prenatal care because it took too much time. If she took better care of her children perhaps she wouldn't be criticized for these truly dangerous and uncaring actions. If she didn't post about doing what she does on the internet, she wouldn't be criticized for her life, either. It is definitely not a case of "haters" picking on a poor innocent mommy-blogger for no reason whatsoever.

I could pick on loads of things about her, but I remember being struck by a comment that she made very late in her pregnancy with T2 to the effect of "I keep meaning to get a flu shot but never get around to it." At my very first pre-natal visit this winter, they asked if I'd had a flu shot, and when I said no, they asked if I was allergic to the ingredients in it, and 5 minutes later, popped it into my arm. Easy-peasy. Aside from the fact that you can get them at every pharmacy and grocery store everywhere. :p Did she have any real pre-natal care at all? Just laziness, when it's so damn easy.

Yes. It is the name of one of Yale's residential colleges, though they may change the spelling to the name of Toronto's international airport, because that is the spelling people seem to default to.

I have no idea why they chose that name, though.

Yes. It is the name of one of Yale's residential colleges, though they may change the spelling to the name of Toronto's international airport, because that is the spelling people seem to default to.

I have no idea why they chose that name, though.

I actually rather like the name...

I could pick on loads of things about her, but I remember being struck by a comment that she made very late in her pregnancy with T2 to the effect of "I keep meaning to get a flu shot but never get around to it." At my very first pre-natal visit this winter, they asked if I'd had a flu shot, and when I said no, they asked if I was allergic to the ingredients in it, and 5 minutes later, popped it into my arm. Easy-peasy. Aside from the fact that you can get them at every pharmacy and grocery store everywhere. :p Did she have any real pre-natal care at all? Just laziness, when it's so damn easy.

I'm not one to defend That Bee-atch, but my doctor thinks flu shots are basically just a money-making load of crap, especially for otherwise healthy people, pregnant or not. I don't agree or disagree (although I do know my sister's entire family had shots and still ended up with severe strains of the flu during the Boston epidemic earlier this year), but not every medical professional thinks they are particularly important.

I'm not one to defend That Bee-atch, but my doctor thinks flu shots are basically just a money-making load of crap, especially for otherwise healthy people, pregnant or not. I don't agree or disagree (although I do know my sister's entire family had shots and still ended up with severe strains of the flu during the Boston epidemic earlier this year), but not every medical professional thinks they are particularly important.

Every medical professional I asked (privately, not as a patient) said not to bother, so I didn't...it's possible I will regret this. We shall see. :?

Every medical professional I asked (privately, not as a patient) said not to bother, so I didn't...it's possible I will regret this. We shall see. :?

When I asked my doctor about whether I should get the shot he shrugged and said "Worst case scenario, you'll feel like total crap for a few days, but odds are high you won't come down with the flu this season or next, whether you get the shot or not, and I see lots of people who get the shot and still get a flu virus. Just keep washing your hands as often as you can." I've had the flu a couple of times in my life, most recently about 15 years ago. I felt like crap for a few days, but it there was no chance it was going to kill me.

I always remember his name this way: "Oh, *you're* still here? Take a long walk off a short p--r, son."

I always remember his name this way: "Oh, *you're* still here? Take a long walk off a short p--r, son."

I was wondering if she's a fan of that British fellow on CNN and if he goes by that name as a nickname.

Interesting, I've had the opposite experience, and the flu shot is especially encouraged for the elderly, the young and the pregnant. It's the healthy individuals that they are more blase about. That said, it's surprising how many doctors don't get the flu shot themselves due to laziness.

I dunno, the 2009 H1N1 strain was pretty rough on pregnant women.

I'm not a fan either, but 2+ years ago, my OB said I needed a shot...but he didn't have any--it was to 'late' in the flu season--but I still was supposed to get it.

He made me go to my regular doc...who didn't have any because they'd just plain run out.

I ended up taking a morning off work and spending 3 hours in the line for the dept. of health to get the sucker.

(I did NOT get the flu until after the child was born. which is just as well because I was damn sick w/ jsut plain pregnancy. I think the flu would have killed me, or at least added a few dozen more food aversions :-))

Archived