IGNORED

That Wife's In A Tizzy

Morton Fan

From a series of tweets:

"Dear haters: I write thank you notes. Sorry I didn't get back to absolutely every person after I had T1. Don't see why you would care. Can you guys (you know who you are) please just LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! I am so sick of all of you. Stop harassing me. I'm sick of having to pretend like there isn't this seedy underground community that spends their time obsessing over/attacking people. Nice people of the internets: the majority of your favorite bloggers are harassed/stalked in all corners of the 'net all day, every day. We're not allowed to talk about it because it's "feeding the trolls" and they thrive on attention. But it's real. And I'm over it."

Obviously curious, I tried to google which corner of the internet was "hating" on her lack of thank you note-writing, but couldn't find it. Anyone?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From a series of tweets:

"Dear haters: I write thank you notes. Sorry I didn't get back to absolutely every person after I had T1. Don't see why you would care. Can you guys (you know who you are) please just LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! I am so sick of all of you. Stop harassing me. I'm sick of having to pretend like there isn't this seedy underground community that spends their time obsessing over/attacking people. Nice people of the internets: the majority of your favorite bloggers are harassed/stalked in all corners of the 'net all day, every day. We're not allowed to talk about it because it's "feeding the trolls" and they thrive on attention. But it's real. And I'm over it."

Obviously curious, I tried to google which corner of the internet was "hating" on her lack of thank you note-writing, but couldn't find it. Anyone?

I prefer to hate on her narcissism, excessive unexamined privilege, and neglect of her son. Never really noticed the lack of thank you notes, to be honest.

There is a standing anti-fan thread for her on the forums at GetOffMyInternets.net, but I don't know if the thank you note business is A Thing over there.

"Harassed" is apparently her term for "having one's public blog entries and Tweets read by people who find them ridiculous", so.

From a series of tweets:

http://getoffmyinternets.net/gomi-forum ... /page-163/

She's talking about GOMI. It does to all sorts of blogs what FJ does to fundies.

I prefer to hate on her narcissism, excessive unexamined privilege, and neglect of her son. Never really noticed the lack of thank you notes, to be honest.

Me too. And it seemed an odd thing to get in a tizzy about, considering I've seen people insult her weight, her husband's nipples, and her sub-par parenting.

ETA: nm

Isnt a "dear haters" post pretty much an open invitation to come hate on you more? :?

Its like yelling "STOP LOOKING AT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then wondering aloud why everyone is looking...

Isnt a "dear haters" post pretty much an open invitation to come hate on you more? :?

Its like yelling "STOP LOOKING AT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then wondering aloud why everyone is looking...

And don't "haters" posts make otherwise innocent readers want to find the hating sites and see what they say? That's what it does to me, at least. I think that was how I found FJ back in the day, in fact.

Alas, it was apparently a sassy tweet in this case:

Experiencing some major mommy guilt. T1 was sent home w/ a bag of valentine's from his classmates and he didn't do any. #goodtheyaresoyoung

Expand

7 hrs Kate Jay Zweifler â€@kjj_engagements

@jennacole you have no problem not sending thank you notes when people buy you a gift, so why does this bother you?

Expand

7 hrs Jenna Cole â€@jennacole

@kjj_engagements I always send thank you notes when people send me gifts. I'm not sure where you got that idea?

Expand

2 hrs Kelli Meghan â€@kellimeghan

@jennacole @kjj_engagements Jan 25 "So many interesting responses to new mom Thank you note requrmnts. I def didn't write everyone after T1"

Expand

53 mins Jenna Cole â€@jennacole

@kellimeghan oh excuse me for pushing a dealing baby out of my vagina and not getting back to absolutely everyone. Step off losers.

Alas, it was apparently a sassy tweet in this case:

Experiencing some major mommy guilt. T1 was sent home w/ a bag of valentine's from his classmates and he didn't do any. #goodtheyaresoyoung

Expand

7 hrs Kate Jay Zweifler â€@kjj_engagements

@jennacole you have no problem not sending thank you notes when people buy you a gift, so why does this bother you?

Expand

7 hrs Jenna Cole â€@jennacole

@kjj_engagements I always send thank you notes when people send me gifts. I'm not sure where you got that idea?

Expand

2 hrs Kelli Meghan â€@kellimeghan

@jennacole @kjj_engagements Jan 25 "So many interesting responses to new mom Thank you note requrmnts. I def didn't write everyone after T1"

Expand

53 mins Jenna Cole â€@jennacole

@kellimeghan oh excuse me for pushing a dealing baby out of my vagina and not getting back to absolutely everyone. Step off losers.

:shock:

Looks like it was this. Apologies for the bad C&P, Twitter is weird.

3:49pm - 20 Feb 13

@jennacole this was re: you thinking you didnt to send a note for a gift rec'd after baby bc you'd be too busy to write it...

@kjj_engagements note for the future: don't assume you know everything about someone based on Twitter. Just makes you look like an asshole.

@jennacole but obvs not too busy to call people "assholes".

A dealing baby? I assume that's an auto"correct" mishap, but I wonder what she meant.

Ha! Good point! Darling? Knowing TW, it was probably "demanding" though, or something negative.

She has been aware of GOMI for a long time. GOMI posters don't break up links on their threads and the bloggers find out easily. TW scrubbed some of her blog when they were onto her. She probably knows about FJ.

When she had the That Wife cooking class I was so going to show up and then and report back here, but that would have been ACTUAL stalking. With all the identifying stuff she posts she should be worried about real world stalkers, not someone tweeting her.

And that mommy guilt shit, she learned about that on the internet, its not like she would even know there was such a thing otherwise.

The TY note thing was a minor annoyance with her over on GOMI, just another example of how That Wife doesn't give a crap about anyone but herself. She was on twitter before T2 was born talking about how she felt like if the gift giver was 'rude' enough to send a gift after the birth then she wasn't required to send a TY note because she's sooo busy. Anyway, that thread is 164 pages long as right now, and there's some pretty heavy (and well-deserved) criticism of her there, so it's weird that this is the issue that finally provokes a response.

How is it stalking if people come and look at stuff she's publicly posted on the internet? Hello, if you don't want people "hating" or criticizing you, don't post on the "World Wide" web!

How is her head so far up her own butt that she didn't realize kids send valentines to all their classmates every year? Doesn't she remember her own childhood?

Most of the things people hate on her for are things that are actually dangerous or uncaring, rather than petty things like her weight. I may have heard occasional criticism of her weight, and I don't agree with it, but I've equally heard that people think it's sad that she is constantly on a diet and asking her husband to literally lock up the cheese and put it in the freezer. I've heard negative feedback mainly for the following events: T1 sleeping in a pack-and-play in the bathroom as his permanent sleeping place, TW and TH shaving his head with an electric razor in a bathtub full of water, allowing T1 to pull on and chew on the venetian blinds cords, propping him with a bottle as an infant instead of holding him while feeding, neglecting to interact with T1 in order that he might develop his speech at an age-appropriate level, and for T2, saying she disliked obtaining prenatal care because it took too much time. If she took better care of her children perhaps she wouldn't be criticized for these truly dangerous and uncaring actions. If she didn't post about doing what she does on the internet, she wouldn't be criticized for her life, either. It is definitely not a case of "haters" picking on a poor innocent mommy-blogger for no reason whatsoever.

How is her head so far up her own butt that she didn't realize kids send valentines to all their classmates every year? Doesn't she remember her own childhood?

Most of the things people hate on her for are things that are actually dangerous or uncaring, rather than petty things like her weight. I may have heard occasional criticism of her weight, and I don't agree with it, but I've equally heard that people think it's sad that she is constantly on a diet and asking her husband to literally lock up the cheese and put it in the freezer. I've heard negative feedback mainly for the following events: T1 sleeping in a pack-and-play in the bathroom as his permanent sleeping place, TW and TH shaving his head with an electric razor in a bathtub full of water, allowing T1 to pull on and chew on the venetian blinds cords, propping him with a bottle as an infant instead of holding him while feeding, neglecting to interact with T1 in order that he might develop his speech at an age-appropriate level, and for T2, saying she disliked obtaining prenatal care because it took too much time. If she took better care of her children perhaps she wouldn't be criticized for these truly dangerous and uncaring actions. If she didn't post about doing what she does on the internet, she wouldn't be criticized for her life, either. It is definitely not a case of "haters" picking on a poor innocent mommy-blogger for no reason whatsoever.

I was also thinking the same thing about the Valetines. TW's fellow Mormon mommy blogger NieNie also had her head up her ass on Valentine's Day because she said her son only wanted to give Valentines to five classmates. TW is dumb about a lot of simple things. I agree she is mostly hated on for the dangerous and uncaring things she does. I can see her quitting blogging at some point.

She has no one to blame but herself for haters. She publicly puts out there how negligent she is. According to her caption, she left her newborn with her 2 year old while she went to the garage. Based on her previous comments, she needed breaks, & time away from T1. There's no telling how long she left them. I don't think a 2 year old should be babysitting, but maybe it's just me.

instagram.com/p/V-WCJzLqnw/

She has been aware of GOMI for a long time. GOMI posters don't break up links on their threads and the bloggers find out easily. TW scrubbed some of her blog when they were onto her. She probably knows about FJ.

Yes, she is aware of FJ. She's read here and PMed with at least one member when T1 was still Bathroom Baby.

And while I'm here, she will have no one to blame but herself when her son grows up to be a sociopath and we're watching him on CNN in an orange jumpsuit.

She has no one to blame but herself for haters. She publicly puts out there how negligent she is. According to her caption, she left her newborn with her 2 year old while she went to the garage. Based on her previous comments, she needed breaks, & time away from T1. There's no telling how long she left them. I don't think a 2 year old should be babysitting, but maybe it's just me.

instagram.com/p/V-WCJzLqnw/

I think most people would agree that a 2 year old shouldn't be babysitting. I agree, she has no one to blame but herself. I hate to say this, but she will not wise up unless something bad results from her negligence.

I think most people would agree that a 2 year old shouldn't be babysitting. I agree, she has no one to blame but herself. I hate to say this, but she will not wise up unless something bad results from her negligence.

Agreed. She almost seems to thrive from the negative attention. I think she is proud of her negligent parenting, because it's counter-cultural.

She should go to Australia and be friends with Lauren, they are both proud of their child neglect.

Each child more 'low-maintenance' than the next ...

Most fundys don't bother me. Some I even like to an extent, even if I don't agree with all their lifestyles. But That Wife is one that I can truly say I hate. Her treatment of T1 is not forgivable.

Archived