IGNORED

I have my own pet fundie

ndmomma

So weird. Someone at my liberal mainline church sent me a message that she had her niece friend me on Facebook. She thought we had a lot in common and that I would enjoy the niece's posts. Well, I homeschool, and I have four kids, and I am fairly religious, but I also am a bleeding-heart liberal, a well-educated woman married to a liberal theologian, and I value critical thinking. I can't imagine why my fellow congregant would have suggested that we be FB friends, but I find this woman annoying as hell. She has posted about the Maxhells 3 times in a month, and she just threw away their TV. Before I delete her, does anyone have any passive aggressive questions I should ask her? I enjoy messing with people like that ;)

I agree with Wolfie-- the aunt may be trying to influence her niece for the better--and she knows you homeschool and hopes that gives you enough of an "in." Maybe she has shut out her aunt.

I think it's more likely the aunt, like most, has no idea how fucked up some of the stuff her niece follows really is, and just saw the similarities.

Archived