IGNORED

DJesus Uncrossed an Article on the SNL skit

tankgirl

I adored that skit and thought it highlighted the Jesus that many American Christians wish that they worshiped

We have tried to arm him with our military-industrial complex, drape him with our xenophobia, outfit him with our weapons, and adorn him with our nationalism. We’ve turned the cross into a flagpole for the Stars and Stripes. We have no need for Tarantino to reimagine the story of Jesus into a fantasy of violent revenge. We’ve done it for him. We’ve already uncrossed him, transforming him from a servant into a triumphalist who holds the causes and interests of our country on his back rather than brutal execution.

During my childhood and much of my adulthood, Jesus was an important figure in my life. And although I seriously doubt now that a single, historical person named, Jesus existed, I find myself feeling offended at the way some Christians depict him. The Jesus that they worship is not the Jesus in the gospels

I love it! Gotta say, though. Thats a little "brave" for SNL. Not only did they pull a southpark on Jesus, but they took on the people yelling about Django...

Yeah I thought it was fairly controversial for SNL, which sometimes tends to play it safe lately.

Some of their skits feel like old Carol Burnette skits; funny but safe.

Like a poster above said, it was brave of them.

Archived