IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell and FJ

EmiGirl

I read in the Courtship prediction thread that Steve Maxwell blames FJ for Sarah's failed courtship? Obviously this was something way before my time here. What happened?

Sarah hasn't had a courtship, failed or otherwise. They may have been talking about Joseph's courtship, which some hope we had a hand in breaking, but its just speculation.

Guest Anonymous
I read in the Courtship prediction thread that Steve Maxwell blames FJ for Sarah's failed courtship? Obviously this was something way before my time here. What happened?

Where did you read that? I don't see it.

As far as we know Sarah has had no 'public' courtship.

I predict that if a Maxwell courtship happens we won't know about it until after the wedding. You know how we effed up their last courtship.

For some reason I just assumed it was Sarah. Oops?

Sarah hasn't had a courtship, failed or otherwise. They may have been talking about Joseph's courtship, which some hope we had a hand in breaking, but its just speculation.

I missed this. How'd we (excluding me obviously) help break up a courtship. I thought Steve-o denied our existence, though I suppose that might be harder for him now that he's met treemom, emmie and alecto.

Some people think that Steve blames us for Joseph and Elizabeth Munck's engagement being called off a week before the wedding, because we so vehemently talked about Liz needing to run, but we have no reason to really think that any of the Muncks read here (it does look like Steve reads here). quite a few people also think that a non-fundie member of Liz's family got to her, as it was called off the day of her shower.

Sarah has never courted publicly.

Some people think that Steve blames us for Joseph and Elizabeth Munck's engagement being called off a week before the wedding, because we so vehemently talked about Liz needing to run, but we have no reason to really think that any of the Muncks read here (it does look like Steve reads here). quite a few people also think that a non-fundie member of Liz's family got to her, as it was called off the day of her shower.

Sarah has never courted publicly.

About Liz needing to run...away from the Maxwell's or she enjoys running and that's against Maxwellian philosophy so she wouldn't be happy giving up her idol?

I can't imagine any remotely sane person wanting to marry into the family where fun goes to die, personally.

IIRC there was speculation that someone from the board contacted Elizabeth or her family via email telling them about Steve's level of krazy and that information may have played a role in the wedding being called off.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think anyone would have needed to contact Elizabeth directly. Once the courtship discussion thread was started, anyone googling for information on her fiance would have found us straight away. From comments on the family blog, I'm pretty sure the Muncks do know about us. Also, how could they not wonder about the hundreds, possibly thousands of hits their blog got every time a post was mentioned here. Broken links would not prevent them from working out that someone somewhere was talking about them, and we figure highly in google rankings whenever a search is made about the Maxwells. Someone among her blogging family and friends would have found us; possibly Elizabeth herself or one of the sisters, who were not unfamiliar to the ways of the internet, before Steve Maxwell shut them down in the name of 'family unity'.

About Liz needing to run...away from the Maxwell's or she enjoys running and that's against Maxwellian philosophy so she wouldn't be happy giving up her idol?

I can't imagine any remotely sane person wanting to marry into the family where fun goes to die, personally.

Sorry for not being clear enough, running from the Maxwells. It was pretty obvious from the Maxwell blog that she had no say in the house being furnished and decorated, and the control that Steve had over that family was creepy (the Munck sisters blog closing down , etc).

Sorry for not being clear enough, running from the Maxwells. It was pretty obvious from the Maxwell blog that she had no say in the house being furnished and decorated, and the control that Steve had over that family was creepy (the Munck sisters blog closing down , etc).

Yeah that wouldn't take other people telling me to run. Just the fact that my soon to be father-in-law is trying to dictate rules for my family would be enough for me (and hopefully my family!!!!!) to say uh no thanks!

Why would anyone allow that. It's bad enough you are handing over complete control of one of your kids. Handing over control of your entire family as well? uh that better be a big dowry (or I guess it'd be a bride price) ;)

I missed this. How'd we (excluding me obviously) help break up a courtship. I thought Steve-o denied our existence, though I suppose that might be harder for him now that he's met treemom, emmie and alecto.

I am just catching up. Yeah, it is speculation of others that we played a hand. I doubt it.

IIRC there was speculation that someone from the board contacted Elizabeth or her family via email telling them about Steve's level of krazy and that information may have played a role in the wedding being called off.

Quite frankly, I don't think a nonfundie would have needed to contact the Muncks. Even among fundies, what goes on in Maxwell-land would be viewed as all kinds of dark and crazy. I have to admit that they're one of the fundie blogs I just can't read much because I get so upset on behalf of the children of that family because they've been forced into such a constrained life that I don't think they even get to see much outside of their parents' wacky world.

• 1 month later...

Quite frankly, I don't think a nonfundie would have needed to contact the Muncks. Even among fundies, what goes on in Maxwell-land would be viewed as all kinds of dark and crazy. I have to admit that they're one of the fundie blogs I just can't read much because I get so upset on behalf of the children of that family because they've been forced into such a constrained life that I don't think they even get to see much outside of their parents' wacky world.

I've read a few accounts of people who have gone to their seminars and said they are too intense. Plus I am suprised no one has asked Steve if everyone followed his advice how would civillization continue.

Archived