IGNORED

2013 Courtship Predictions

twin2

Earlier in the year, I thought Joseph would court one of the Sanders girls. I like your prediction.

I was thinking the Roberts or the Sanders originally, but I think he seems to be very very preppy, much more than any of the spunky Roberts or Sanders girls.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly! I think they are both sweet people. But that's just my opinion. I know Michaela is basically the mother hen to the Bates family and her leaving to start her own family would disrupt their family dynamic completely.

That is a good point, but John David wants to be in politics which requires talking. I hope he thinks about getting someone who can talk and hopefully that woman will encourage him in that manner.

• 3 weeks later...
I would love to see Sarah Maxwell and possibly the Botkin girls have courtships. Although, that would be a difficult and/or far cry. They deserve to find some happiness outside of the home after being a SAHD for so long.

After years of reading the Stay at home daughter pages (to the detriment of my blood pressure) it is my dearest wish that none of them marry for years and years if ever. UNLESS, they escape, write a tell all and quit the fundie life.

It sounds cruel, but given their stated beliefs against me and most of what I hold dear in the world (women's rights, etc) I am willing for them to be living sacrifices to the Idol of daddy worship. I hope they become inside jokes among the movement and across christianity, that they damage the cause of stay at home daughters, of patriarchy and of dominionism, and turn their followers away from their path.

I honestly hope the bodkin sisters die old maids, writing ever more stupid drivel about how women should stay in their place, selling fewer and fewer books each year, and becoming ever more educated in the womenly ways of running a home for dear old dad.

After years of reading the Stay at home daughter pages (to the detriment of my blood pressure) it is my dearest wish that none of them marry for years and years if ever. UNLESS, they escape, write a tell all and quit the fundie life.

It sounds cruel, but given their stated beliefs against me and most of what I hold dear in the world (women's rights, etc) I am willing for them to be living sacrifices to the Idol of daddy worship. I hope they become inside jokes among the movement and across christianity, that they damage the cause of stay at home daughters, of patriarchy and of dominionism, and turn their followers away from their path.

I honestly hope the bodkin sisters die old maids, writing ever more stupid drivel about how women should stay in their place, selling fewer and fewer books each year, and becoming ever more educated in the womenly ways of running a home for dear old dad.

Actually, I'm seriously hoping that they get to be among the escapees - I think AS and E could write a pretty fantastic tell-all someday!

For courtship predictions, I noticed that JT Phillips was actually playing music in something other than an all-male ensemble at the film festival this year. I couldn't find much about the fiddler in question except that her name is Hannah King and she's from Montana, but I was wondering if that might signal courtship in the air. Or perhaps more appropriately, courtship with The Heir? :violin:

Jenny Leding of blessedfemina.blogspot.com is engaged.

I can't be certain but it seems that she only started courting in Feb '13 and then got engaged in March. :shock:

lots of swooning princess pics on her FB. these people really know how to pose picture-perfect.

14830_4406314516041_2010382459_n.jpg

601627_4555232958909_844613181_n.jpg

580096_4555134596450_1150678422_n.jpg

omg this one could go on the cover of a bodice-ripper....

Jenny Leding of blessedfemina.blogspot.com is engaged.

I can't be certain but it seems that she only started courting in Feb '13 and then got engaged in March. :shock:

601627_4555232958909_844613181_n.jpg

:naughty:

6inch-wooden-ruler-420jpg_zpsd2c75fca.gif

There's got to be a courtship plan for one of the Sanders girls, right? Not sure how old the oldest is, but all the girls are pretty (despite their rather unfortunate-looking parents). And they socialize a lot so there's got to be something brewing there. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them with a Vision Forum intern or even one of Doug (Is A Tool)'s sons.

Botkin girls? Despite how pretty they are, I think no one that we know in the fundie circle is going to be good enough for either of them.

No go on Sarah Maxwell, but I am holding out for an announcement of Anna and John Marie. I think Joseph is going to take a breather for awhile, finish his house, and then find someone else.

There's got to be a courtship plan for one of the Sanders girls, right? Not sure how old the oldest is, but all the girls are pretty (despite their rather unfortunate-looking parents). And they socialize a lot so there's got to be something brewing there. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them with a Vision Forum intern or even one of Doug (Is A Tool)'s sons.

Botkin girls? Despite how pretty they are, I think no one that we know in the fundie circle is going to be good enough for either of them.

No go on Sarah Maxwell, but I am holding out for an announcement of Anna and John Marie. I think Joseph is going to take a breather for awhile, finish his house, and then find someone else.

I'm predicting a courtship between Joel R. And one of the Sanders girls. He's seems to be at the farm all the time.

• 7 months later...

the year isn't over yet... and for some reason, i see thomas paine and a duggar girl, perhaps jana or jill, entering courtship.

I really hope the Sarah Maxwell & a older Duggar girl would have a courtship.

Now that would cause some heads exploding. :lol:

the year isn't over yet... and for some reason, i see thomas paine and a duggar girl, perhaps jana or jill, entering courtship.

Thomas Paine is in a "pre-courtship" with Dakota Young.

Thomas Paine is in a "pre-courtship" with Dakota Young.

So now we have:

dating with a purpose

pre-courtship

courtship

engagement

Is that something like, for us heathens:

dating

promise

engagement

wedding planning

said it before and i will say it again-jessa has vf trophy wife written all over her.

Ben's family is VF, so I think we can say this prediction was nailed.

Another year, another vain hope that one of the Botkin girls would start courting gets shot down. Bummer.

Same goes for Poor Sarah. Of all the fundie "old maids" (at 31!) I find her the saddest one. I'm torn between truly wanting her to finally find love she very much deserves, and not wanting Stevie's crazy cult of death contaminate any more people because we all know Sarah's Prince Charming would have to submit to Steve.

Sometimes it's sad to be an optimist. I keep hoping that some of the fundie young women like Sarah will be courted by a young man who says all the right things to pass the test and then moves to much more middle of the road Christianity over the next year or so.

Same goes for Poor Sarah. Of all the fundie "old maids" (at 31!) I find her the saddest one. I'm torn between truly wanting her to finally find love she very much deserves, and not wanting Stevie's crazy cult of death contaminate any more people because we all know Sarah's Prince Charming would have to submit to Steve.

It is hard in your late 30's to meet someone. If I only knew I probably wouldn't have messed around by having "fun" and "finding mayself." So, I can only imagine how Sarah feels.

Archived