IGNORED

2013 Courtship Predictions

twin2

Guest Anonymous

There is nothing wrong with their looks. Yes, their clothes are not that up-to-date, but they aren't denim frumpers either. Some concealer would help their eyes look less dark-circled in the camera light. However, it may not be that bad and just due to unfortunate camera light.

Besides, there are people like me who can eat as many fresh vegetables and fruit and WHATEVA, and still look as pale as a pearl. It could be that Rebecca and Annah just fall into the same category. :roll:

I know. Irony and all that.... I don't think they 'need' to eat vegetables or wear make up or do anything at all to meet other people's 'beauty' standards.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

nope

They need to build themselves an "Uncles' Park" so the reversal boys can have somewhere to occupy themselves while they wait for someone to be willing to court them. :lol:

I'm sort of hoping for a Phillips wedding soon. JT and his brother are getting right up there, although I don't think there's any Phillips girls old enough to marry off soon. I always vaguely expected a JT and Elizabeth Botkin marriage to be arranged, but perhaps one of the younger Botkin boys with a younger Phillips girl would be better.

I know. Irony and all that.... I don't think they 'need' to eat vegetables or wear make up or do anything at all to meet other people's 'beauty' standards.

I don't really know anything about these guys, but after poking around on the blog for a few minutes, I think they're both lovely. This doesn't seem to be the most flattering picture of Rebecca, tbh, it kinda gives her an odd jawline, but like in this one: 4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZxgiOUL8J60/URO1lN_dw5I/AAAAAAAAE2I/5CvIBxaFYxQ/s1600/DSC09669.JPG , (don't know how to put pics in, sorry), I think she looks gorgeous, and I doubt make-up would really 'help' her at all.

I'm hoping for a Michaela and John David courtship! Even though I don't think the courtship process is for everyone....

Why? They don't appear well suited for each. Can you provide a reason?

I think one of the older Duggar girls will see courtship as well. Jana is possible. I also think John-David will start courting, although not sure who. The family recently started renovations on "his" house, which is a cue for courtship.

------------------------------

Is his house the blue one where all the J'slaves cleaned up glass in flipflops?

Why? They don't appear well suited for each. Can you provide a reason?

I think they're suited to each other. They are both quiet, reserved people that don't like the limelight that much. I doubt he wants a wife whose interests are beyond the home, and she genuinely seems very home oriented - she spends a lot of time on her little kids. They both seem like the type that would like a simple home life.

I think it would be nice to see Jana and Zach. A double wedding maybe. That way they are essentially "trading" daughters and it might not be as objectionable to either family to lose a daughter (seeing as how both seem to be headed towards SAHD-hood).

It's sad that my mind went there as the only way those 2 girls might marry.

Are the Vision Forum fundies and the Gothardites allowed to co-mingle? Or do they consider each other as unequally yolked? Because that Thomas family is filled with the hottest men/boys and they could be some potential mates! And the daughter who is at home, Melanie, is absolutely beautiful. The Thomases are much too good looking and fun for the Maxwells, but maybe for Jana or Jessa.

http://themthomases.blogspot.com

Are the Vision Forum fundies and the Gothardites allowed to co-mingle? Or do they consider each other as unequally yolked? Because that Thomas family is filled with the hottest men/boys and they could be some potential mates! And the daughter who is at home, Melanie, is absolutely beautiful. The Thomases are much too good looking and fun for the Maxwells, but maybe for Jana or Jessa.

http://themthomases.blogspot.com

Yes, they can and do, and the new family tends to stick with the man's philosophy. That could rule it out for the Duggar girls - I don't think ATI would be thrilled about losing their poster girls to VF. That said, the Duggars are increasingly publicly involved with VF, and Jessa and Joshua Phillips would make a superficially perfect VF wedding of the year couple.

To the poster above who hopes for Zach Bates and Jana Duggar - I hope not. Jana deserves so much more.

My vote is for Zack Bates and Jill. If he starts to get too emotional or sweat she can verbally face palm him by saying he needs to learn to be content. :hand:

I second John David and Michaella, although I could also see him with a girl from an unnown QF family. He seems like he just wants to be left alone, so maybe that would be the better option.

If only Lawson Bates was a few years older, he and Jana would be a good match. He seems like a nice guy and we already know he has good work ethics. Also, he's hot :whistle:

I know it has been speculated here that Jim Bob has been mixing with the VF crowd to expand the eligible marriage partners for his children. The Duggars went to the Douggie Titanic events and that convention where Michelle and the J'Slaves learned about healthy cooking. The Duggars also mixed with many VF folks at Tea Party events and the Santorum campaign. Isn't John Shrader a Vision Forum dude and his wife was raised ATI? I would imagine there have been several marriages between the two camps. It would certainly be preferred by both groups than the alternative; marriage to an agnostic, atheist, non-Christian...

Can anyone name any VF/ATI matches? I don't doubt they exist, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

Can anyone name any VF/ATI matches? I don't doubt they exist, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

I can't think of any. One problem I see with a VF/ATI union is the reformed/reconstructionist theology of VF and the Arminian theology of ATI. That seems like a pretty big hurdle to overcome in the fundie world. It's almost like being Catholic and Jewish. If anything, I can see an ATI person marrying into the VF but I can imagine a VFer becoming an ATIer.

One for Zach Bates, Amy duggar, four for you Amy Duggar, you go Amy Duggar. And one for JinGer Duggar, do we have a JinGer Duggar here? - It's Gin-gerr. *eyeroll* One for you Jinger. AND NONE FOR SARAH MAXWELL, BYE

I would love to see Sarah Maxwell and possibly the Botkin girls have courtships. Although, that would be a difficult and/or far cry. They deserve to find some happiness outside of the home after being a SAHD for so long.

I can't think of any. One problem I see with a VF/ATI union is the reformed/reconstructionist theology of VF and the Arminian theology of ATI. That seems like a pretty big hurdle to overcome in the fundie world. It's almost like being Catholic and Jewish. If anything, I can see an ATI person marrying into the VF but I can imagine a VFer becoming an ATIer.

Interesting point. They're willing to be friends and blog-buddies across that divide, but as you point out, it kind of is a big difference. Don't see them getting buddy-buddy with any gay or Catholic people, though. However much they protest, seems skirts and creationism are the most important religious tenets.

I think they're suited to each other. They are both quiet, reserved people that don't like the limelight that much. I doubt he wants a wife whose interests are beyond the home, and she genuinely seems very home oriented - she spends a lot of time on her little kids. They both seem like the type that would like a simple home life.

I think it would be nice to see Jana and Zach. A double wedding maybe. That way they are essentially "trading" daughters and it might not be as objectionable to either family to lose a daughter (seeing as how both seem to be headed towards SAHD-hood).

It's sad that my mind went there as the only way those 2 girls might marry.

Exactly! I think they are both sweet people. But that's just my opinion. I know Michaela is basically the mother hen to the Bates family and her leaving to start her own family would disrupt their family dynamic completely.

One for Zach Bates, Amy duggar, four for you Amy Duggar, you go Amy Duggar. And one for JinGer Duggar, do we have a JinGer Duggar here? - It's Gin-gerr. *eyeroll* One for you Jinger. AND NONE FOR SARAH MAXWELL, BYE

You're a genius! You quoted my favorite line from Mean Girls. I want to give you cake and court you! :o

You're a genius! You quoted my favorite line from Mean Girls. I want to give you cake and court you! :o

Awww, thank you :3 Cake turns me into a mellow fellow!

But we have to start with a pre-ptre-courtship as strangers, than you have to ask my dad *snicker* for a pre-courtship and then later you can court me and we need rulers and chaperons. You know, those 9 inches are necessary :D My father will totally sell me to you!

I'm calling Joseph Hope (older brother of Lauren from acornerpillar) and Christiana Kendall. Or Lauren and someone near the Ks. I just have that feeling.

Archived