IGNORED

What are you crocheting now??

Lulu

On 12/28/2022 at 5:12 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Need to find someone to teach me in person because YouTube is no help at the moment.

I tried youtube as well but it didn‘t work out for me neither.  I then found a website that explained the basics and I started there. So I did an oven cloth made of beginners yarn (where you could clearly see how the stitches look like) and single crochet stitch. I went on (still with beginners yarn) to crochet rounds in single crochet and double crochet. And so on…

I agree with @Baba O'Riley tough it‘s best to take a class! 

• Thank You 1

@Tangy Bee Another idea where to start:http://www.hobbii.com has free crocheting patterns with pictures. You can buy the used yarn directly there. This was/still is a huge plus for me since choosing the right yarn is not that simple. 

Oh and if yarn of the brand Tissa is available near you I highly recommend it. It‘s used here for beginners classes in school and I agree it‘s great since the stitches are very visible which makes it easy.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Tree of Life Afghan I recently made.  I did it by following the videos by Bonnie Barker on youtube. I replaced her middle section with my own middle section because I didn't like the flowers in her video. 

Tree of Life.jpg

• Love 5