IGNORED

What are you crocheting now??

Lulu

Yes, I was looking at Fern....Darn it! I was so happy that I found it. I should read more carefully. 

All the stores close to me say "Inventory not Available to Show" or something like that. I will check my local store tomorrow. I have to go out anyway and I always need a reason to go where yarn is. How many skeins do you need?

On 7/28/2018 at 8:11 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Yes, I was looking at Fern....Darn it! I was so happy that I found it. I should read more carefully. 

All the stores close to me say "Inventory not Available to Show" or something like that. I will check my local store tomorrow. I have to go out anyway and I always need a reason to go where yarn is. How many skeins do you need?

Thanks for checking! I need at least 1 skein but from what I was told at the local store it isn’t available from Michaels anymore. 

@BethellaI did check today. Our Michaels didn't have any. Sorry, wish I could have found it for you. So what are you going to do about the blanket?

• Thank You 2

33 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

@BethellaI did check today. Our Michaels didn't have any. Sorry, wish I could have found it for you. So what are you going to do about the blanket?

I’m working up to tearing it out and replacing it with a different color. 

Edited by Bethella
Riffles
  • Upvote 1

I know how hard it will be to tear all those rows out. But the thought of seeing a difference in color every time I looked at the blanket would cause me to stick it away and never look at it again....lol. 

I’m crocheting a bedspread for our double bed. It’s striped in dark brown and pastel rainbow colours (dark brown-pink-brown-purple-brown-pale blue, etc). I’m using a ripple stitch. I usually crochet in the summer and knit in winter, but I may change that for the temperature blanket, such a neat idea!

• Upvote 2

I'm making a pink baby afghan in a shell pattern, for a friend's baby girl due in September.  :)   The pattern is in "Our Best Baby Afghans" published by Leisure Arts...I've gotten a LOT of mileage out of that book over the years.

• Upvote 2

On 7/31/2018 at 6:38 AM, danvillebelle said:

The pattern is in "Our Best Baby Afghans" published by Leisure Arts...I've gotten a LOT of mileage out of that book over the years.

I have the knitting version of that book! (Our Best Knit Baby Afghans by Leisure Arts) It has 33 patterns that use at least 3 different weights of yarn. If I ever learn to crochet, I'll look for the crochet version. It's great to have so many different options on hand. Thanks for the useful information! :)

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
clarity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I didn’t realise crochet on FJ was a thing!! I’m working on a few things at the same time, but my big ongoing project is from a pattern called “Prince of Flowers” by Mala Designs on Etsy. Here is the prince..... Currently working on his cushion. 

Spoiler

F9E5D60F-2313-4808-AD84-BC4BD4663CCF.thumb.jpeg.08cc18b0155c288effc3820e4b09248d.jpeg

I love crochet ? and knitting. I’ll upload a finished project later. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I'm still a beginner. I've crocheted some game figurines for my BF (Super MeatBoy, Squirtle, Wailord, and the red and green mushrooms from Mario), and recently a Sloth for my brother. I've also made coasters and I'm currently making a set of pot-holders (I'm not quite sure if this is the correct word). It's too dark now to take good pictures, I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow morning. Right now I still prefer to work with patterns that have step by step instructions and preferably accompanied by pictures of the steps as well. I can't do to intricate patterns yet.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aauel said:

Got a couple things done in time for Christmas. 

20181225_104723.jpg

20181224_114435.jpg

Oh I love the blue wrap. Is that folded over at the top, or double layered? Can I ask which pattern you used?

• Upvote 1

My crocheted VW Beetle

Spoiler

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5cb2.thumb.jpg.d47c5965152aec85fa2bfa1cfdafb519.jpg

My Dalek (also crocheted)

Spoiler

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5098.thumb.jpg.0de24d6f5eaaa9a350f8363ecc4e245f.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

I am crocheting beanies, scarves, fingerless gloves and wheelchair lap blankets to be donated to the local VFW's close to me. Not very exciting, but keeps my hands busy and is a good cause. I am also making kid sized for any Veterans that may have kids and want/need them. 

Has anyone ever heard of Twiddlemuffs?

https://blog.loveknitting.com/twiddlemuffs-for-dementia-patients/

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/twiddle-muff

There are bunches of knitting and crocheting instructions online. I think this will be my next charity project. 

Edited by Chickenbutt
spelling
  • Upvote 4

On 12/31/2018 at 4:16 PM, Katzchen24 said:

Oh I love the blue wrap. Is that folded over at the top, or double layered? Can I ask which pattern you used?

It is a circle, boho  vest pattern with sleeves added. I'll add the pattern when I find it :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aauel said:

It is a circle, boho  vest pattern with sleeves added. I'll add the pattern when I find it :)

That would be awesome, thank you. What are you making at the moment?

4 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Has anyone ever heard of Twiddlemuffs?

https://blog.loveknitting.com/twiddlemuffs-for-dementia-patients/

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/twiddle-muff

There are bunches of knitting and crocheting instructions online. I think this will be my next charity project. 

I like the idea of twiddlemuffs. I wonder if there's anywhere near me who needs them?

• Upvote 1

I made this 3DS cover for myself about two years ago. The little part on the back is where I can store games for on the road.

Spoiler

3dshoesje.thumb.jpeg.6e76fc6d46728c2d30dae7a395ba49ad.jpeg

Spoiler

achterkantdshoesje.thumb.jpeg.41f15cee5e60e8770b5c72b3936e1c43.jpeg

And these are the potholders I made, I used a youtube tutorial for the pattern, but mine are less square-shaped than the ones from the tutorial, so somewhere somehow I did something wrong. However, despite not being accurately square shaped, they are thick and big enough to properly function as potholders.

Spoiler

pannelappen.thumb.jpeg.e3ca86ed9cc4c48004559f849d7f342b.jpeg

Spoiler

pannelappennogmaals.thumb.jpeg.f95767a56f93354432cffa8f2935c819.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

On 1/2/2019 at 1:03 AM, Katzchen24 said:

That would be awesome, thank you. What are you making at the moment?

I'm currently working on a blanket for a chargers fan, also some gift basket for showers.

20181230_113333.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I’d always avoided the fat “blanket” yarns but I got some on sale and OHMYGOD does it work up fast. And the blanket is lovely and warm, even if it the pattern of it is pretty ugly (hey it was a *good* sale!). My cat spends an obscene amount of time kneading it.

E1E64CA2-019E-437E-87AC-7ADA77F6EF17.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

• 1 year later...

I made an elephant for my nephew. I also made a snail and a crocodile for my other nephew. My snail looks a bit crazy because I used different colours than in the description. 

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread so you can say hello to my little friend:

6EC6C334-7E2F-4852-BA62-B70A673D5AAE.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

• 9 months later...

Glad to see there is a crochet thread but sorry to see that it isn't very active!  I took up crocheting again after many years at the beginning of the pandemic.  Here is my latest blanket that I made for my sister as a Christmas gift. 

851114698_Cathysafghan.thumb.jpg.c083202a6a14c6b32e66f6339c4c8f2b.jpg

• Love 13

On 12/28/2022 at 11:12 AM, Tangy Bee said:

Need to find someone to teach me in person because YouTube is no help at the moment.

Do you have a continuing ed program near you?  I learned to crochet by taking a course in the continuing ed program at my local community college.  I then gave it up for about 10 years because I lost all my yarn and hooks in a flood and then I broke my shoulder. I kinda forgot the basics.  So then I took a wonderful beginners class online at Craftsy.com. That was two years ago and I've been crocheting ever since. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1