IGNORED

What are you crocheting now??

Lulu

Ooh I made Santa hats at Christmas. They are one of my favorite projects. Right now I'm working on a family of stuffed turtles for the nephew. It's taking forever because the momma turtle is much larger than expected. All my projects seem to end up big!

I'm working on my first blanket! I'm not using any particular pattern because I just started learning - I'm just using a triple crochet stitch, and... Well, now that I think about it, I don't have any idea how long I want to make it.

I suppose I should have thought this out a little more, huh? :P 

I knit so I don't kill people. Never got into crochet much. Maybe an edging on a blanket, but that's about it.

• 1 year later...

Just finished this Egg-cellent Apron.....

Pattern can be found here.....

https://hearthookhome.com/an-egg-cellent-apron-free-crochet-pattern/

ETA: In case you can't tell from the picture. Those are little pockets to put eggs in when you are out collecting eggs in the chicken coop. 19 pockets in all and a larger cell phone/notepad pocket.

WIN_20180202_15_59_39_Pro.jpg

Edited by Chickenbutt
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 4

I'm one month in to a year-long temperature blanket. It's a row of single crochet every day for a year but the yarn color is determined by the temperature for the day (purples and blues are coldest to greens and yellows and then orange and reds are the hottest). So far it's going well and I haven't fallen behind.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

That is a great idea! Unfortunately mine would be all yellows, oranges and rows and rows of reds, being in Arizona. 

Never heard of that....I love the idea. Is there a temperature gauge you use?

• Haha 1

My best friend is pregnant and due this summer, so I’m making a big blanket in a single crochet ripple to spread out on their hardwood floors for the little one. I’m using lots of scraps to make a brightly colored blanket since they aren’t planning on finding out the sex until birth. Usually I like to have some color scheme, but since she says they’re just using bright colors, I figured I could do the same. 

Up next is another baby blanket. This one I’ll be done in verigated purples and is theoretically going to be done in a shell stitch, but it’s been forever since I used that one! 

I am working on a baby blanket. I have used the same pattern for probably 35 years. I have made about 100 of them. My family and very close friends get a blanket for each child but at work I made a very firm rule that I made them only for the first child or grandchild. 

The blanket looks fancy but is actually very easy to do. I feel like I could make one in my sleep. If I am in the mood to crochet I will make one because someone in my circle is bound to get pregnant. I have 4 great nieces or nephews due in 2018. I use white wool.

This is the next project I have waiting in the wings.

http://www.lionbrand.com/crochet-pattern-down-on-the-farm-playmat-1.html

My DIL works with a bunch of young women and one of her friends asked if I could make this. I did and DIL took it to work and now 2 more people want one. DIL also showed the egg apron to her friends and 2 people want those too! I usually don't charge for things, but I am changing them nominal fees for the playmats and egg aprons. 

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

This is the next project I have waiting in the wings.

http://www.lionbrand.com/crochet-pattern-down-on-the-farm-playmat-1.html

My DIL works with a bunch of young women and one of her friends asked if I could make this. I did and DIL took it to work and now 2 more people want one. DIL also showed the egg apron to her friends and 2 people want those too! I usually don't charge for things, but I am changing them nominal fees for the playmats and egg aprons. 

That playmat is too sweet! Honestly it’s more complicated than what my skills allow, but I’d love to try to figure that one out. 

It really isn't that complicated. It just looks like it. The only thing you need to know is Half Double Crochet, increasing and decreasing. Give it a try. You can do it!

14 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

That is a great idea! Unfortunately mine would be all yellows, oranges and rows and rows of reds, being in Arizona. 

Never heard of that....I love the idea. Is there a temperature gauge you use?

I got the idea from a friend who got it from pintrest. There are lots of gauges to use but I made my own to match the yarn that was on sale that day. Mine goes from 0 & below (lilac) to 90+ (red) in 10 degree increments, if I need it I can go up to 100+ with maroon but I doubt that will happen. You could adapt your own temperature gauge- look at your yearly/monthly averages and assign a color to match a temperature range (usually 5-12 degrees).

http://www.lionbrand.com/blog/what-is-a-temperature-blanket/ (read the comments)

Little over a week ago, finished a blanket for my new niece. Great timing, because she showed up three days later -- a good month early! Will now go back to a blanket I started 9 months ago that got set aside of tendinitis in my wrist. It was for two friends getting married. Now it's for their 1st anniversary. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 10:32 PM, Bethella said:

I'm one month in to a year-long temperature blanket. It's a row of single crochet every day for a year but the yarn color is determined by the temperature for the day (purples and blues are coldest to greens and yellows and then orange and reds are the hottest). So far it's going well and I haven't fallen behind.

Okay guys, I need help and/or an opinion. I'm now 7 1/2 months in to my year long temperature blanket and I just ran out of a color. Turns out that color was discontinued and can't be found for love nor money. 

Do I use the nearest color match and just keep going? or do I go back and rip out about 2 1/2 months (70-80 rows) and replace it with the new color. My mother thinks I'm crazy to consider ripping it out but I think it will drive me nuts if the colors aren't "right."

• Upvote 1

@BethellaI would rip it out...the color difference would drive me crazy for the rest of my life.

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/where-can-i-find-discontinued-yarn-2117237

I goggled how to find discontinued yarn and there are a bunch of sites. Maybe some place you haven't thought of?

If you post the brand name and color maybe people can help you look, or even have some at home they would be willing to part with. Just a thought.

Edited by Chickenbutt
Added thought
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/where-can-i-find-discontinued-yarn-2117237

I goggled how to find discontinued yarn and there are a bunch of sites. Maybe some place you haven't thought of?

If you post the brand name and color maybe people can help you look, or even have some at home they would be willing to part with. Just a thought.

I looked there and several other places. All the listings on eBay & Amazon are sold out and I found postings from several other people looking for the same color without any luck.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Care to share the brand and color. I have almost as much yarn as Joann's....lololololol

:pb_lol: loops and threads impeccable soft fern

9 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

@BethellaAlrighty then. I have none of that.....lol

Sorry:pb_sad: But I will certainly keep my eye out for it.

Just found this

https://www.michaels.com/impeccable-yarn-solid/M10108918.html

Yeah that’s it. They have most of the colors but the one I need is out of stock.

Hmmmmm it said in stock on the webpage. Sorry, was hoping I had found it for you. Damn!

I just clicked on it and added 6 skeins to my cart and it said it was ready to ship. Just give them my credit card number…...lol.

Edited by Chickenbutt

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

Hmmmmm it said in stock on the webpage. Sorry, was hoping I had found it for you. Damn!

I just clicked on it and added 6 skeins to my cart and it said it was ready to ship. Just give them my credit card number…...lol.

Are you looking at fern instead of soft fern? They’re two different colors.

2 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Care to share the brand and color. I have almost as much yarn as Joann's....lololololol

I may have more than Joanns!

I have not used much of that particular yarn.  How is it?  I've been using Caron Simply Soft lately on a scarf but am now using cotton for a dishcloth.