IGNORED

What are you crocheting now??

Lulu

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to be finishing my yarn bomb for a tree, but with full time work, study and being someone who is easily distracted, this will take a while! ;)

• 8 months later...

I crochet.. i start more than I finish.. either I run out of yarn or just lose interest in the project... but it's nice to find like minded peoples..

I on and off work on making granny squares for this giant quilt like thing I'm trying to do. It's the type of thing I get inspired to do, and then easily distracted from. I'm making it out of all the kinds of yarn I have. It's gonna be awesome when I *eventually* finish it.

I on and off work on making granny squares for this giant quilt like thing I'm trying to do. It's the type of thing I get inspired to do, and then easily distracted from. I'm making it out of all the kinds of yarn I have. It's gonna be awesome when I *eventually* finish it.

This is what I'm doing also. I look up all the various squares, and then make one or two of those types, then find a new one. I need small projects or I get bored with it. This works because each new square is different, so it's a project in itself.

I sometimes wonder if I'll ever actually connect them, or if I'll be leaving a garbage bag filled with yarn squares to my kids when I die.

I also like to make flowers, which I will one day use on some sort of project - maybe a wreath or pretty picture.

• 2 months later...

I've been making mesh/lacy tops to wear when I go to my restorative yoga classes this fall. It gets chilly on the studio floor! I always find most of my ideas on Pinterest, but always forget I have a Ravelry account too.

Can anyone help with a question? I am a long time crocheter but I am starting a new project using Size 10 crochet thread. I have never used thread before. The pattern I am using calls for regular yarn and a size H hook, but since I am using thread and a 00 steel hook, I have no idea how to determine what size the finished piece will be. I am making a wall hanging made up of 12' squares. I'm thinking I just have to make one square and see what the finished size is. Suggestions? Thank you.

Can anyone help with a question? I am a long time crocheter but I am starting a new project using Size 10 crochet thread. I have never used thread before. The pattern I am using calls for regular yarn and a size H hook, but since I am using thread and a 00 steel hook, I have no idea how to determine what size the finished piece will be. I am making a wall hanging made up of 12' squares. I'm thinking I just have to make one square and see what the finished size is. Suggestions? Thank you.

Yeah, you're going to have to test your gauge. Standard method is a 10x10 (or 20x20, etc) stitch sample that you measure. You can then calculate that if 10 stitches is x high and y long, then your piece will be... Look, a real world use for algebra!

Yeah, you're going to have to test your gauge. Standard method is a 10x10 (or 20x20, etc) stitch sample that you measure. You can then calculate that if 10 stitches is x high and y long, then your piece will be... Look, a real world use for algebra!

Thank you Terrie. I never was good at algebra. So I guess that using thread and a small needle with a pre-designed pattern that measures 12", will not give me a 12" square. Since I can't deviate from the pattern, I guess it will be as big as it is.....lol...did that make sense at all?

Hmm....just finished the first square and it came out 6"x6". Half the size of the original square with the yarn. So, I just have to call the person that requested this piece and see if it's okay that is will be smaller than originally planned. BTW, working with thread is not as intimidating as I thought it would be. Onward with my project!

Now I have made the same square using a size 4 thread (instead of the 10) and it is 12 inches. I like it much better. It seems to have more substance than the thread. And it was easier to work with. Hope my friend like the look of the size 4...that's what I want to use.

Thanks for your help Terrie.

I am currently making the funniest thing ever. a friend asked if I could make these for her, its a Christmas gift for her friend. Her photo not mine. I’m not done yet with them.

post-11558-14452000891048_thumb.jpg

Cat butt coasters everyone!!!! when I was tucking the ends and cleaning up the starting point It was like making sure they didn’t have hemorrhoids. :lol: I giggled and giggled. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm halfway through the second crocheted yoga sock, but it's not a roaring success.  First one is a bit too big around the leg and ankle, and the stitch in the pattern doesn't have much stretch to it.  But they'll still keep my feet warmer while my toes finish recovering (toenail issues), and I don't do yoga anyway, so they'll only be worn around the house. :)

• Upvote 1

I'm halfway through the second crocheted yoga sock, but it's not a roaring success.  First one is a bit too big around the leg and ankle, and the stitch in the pattern doesn't have much stretch to it.  But they'll still keep my feet warmer while my toes finish recovering (toenail issues), and I don't do yoga anyway, so they'll only be worn around the house. :)

I tried to make yoga socks as well. A total failure. I used the sock yarn and made the softest baggy sweater. I actually use it during meditation at yoga! Making limoncello out of lemons!

I'm almost finished with a little girl's blanket for Christmas. I plan to give it to her with a story book of some kind. She is a child who has "everything", i.e. more toys than Toys R Us. I hope she enjoys snuggling in it.

I am making a hairpin lace baby afghan, in white,  gray, and various blues. It is not for Jessa.

Edited by Morgaine
  • Upvote 1

Just finished a hooded cape (cloak?) lined in fleece.  Living in the frozen tundra (New England) and having a bum shoulder this should keep me cozy this winter!

• 3 weeks later...

What a fun thread! While I've tried knitting and just didn't enjoy it, I love crocheting!! About 8-10 years ago I taught myself and made 2 very large afghans (they were so large because I just didn't want to stop and I had the yarn). My mom and husband were the recipients of those labor of love. Then, with kids, I just stopped. Everything creative went out the door. Well, last month I decided that needed to change. I started playing the piano again, and I started crocheting!

Right now, my kids love fingerless gloves and using youtube videos to refresh my memory, I made a pair in about 3 hours. Now, I'm making me a plush scarf with hat. So relaxing to work with yarn in the fall and winter. My friend found out I was crocheting again and brought me a pattern for a dish scrubber using cut up tulle as yarn. I made a sample out of yarn to learn the pattern, and I'm really impressed with it. So, now, projects galore started, long winter nights ahead, and I'm just so happy to be making something again.

• Upvote 1

I learned how to knit and crochet when I was five so I've got like 20+ years of experience with both, though I'm not always constantly doing something. I usually have 3-4 projects going on at one time.

I'm crocheting a baby blanket for my boss's first granddaughter, and the virus shawl. The baby blanket is the loopy love blanket and I really love the pattern! It's so easy and it works up quickly.

Edited by hauntedoklahoma