IGNORED

Any other sewers?

Claddagh

I sew quite a bit...I have an old Kenmore machine that my parents bought me in middle school, and got a nicer Brother machine via Freecycle (for everyone's favorite price, LOL!) a couple of years ago. I'm currently sewing my wedding dress...NOT Anna Duggar style though. It's green! It will have an ivory lace overlay, though ;) I finished the first muslin last week and am now making adjustments and figuring out how I want to bead and sequin the lace.

Hi spooyginger, your wedding dress sounds very cool. When done, could you post a pic?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sew- mainly clothing for my daughters. I also do blankets with matching burp cloths and bibs. I love sewing, it's so relaxing and theraputic for me!

This is the latest thing I did, a tunic for my daughter out of a mans dress shirt! :)

dress_zpscd43b4f4.jpg

dress2_zps28c0b5cd.jpg

Ive make dog clothes. I have a 7lb Chihuahua and he gets cold. Lol Ive made a few shirts and sweaters. My first few were totallt fuck ups but now they look good and have even been asked where I bought one of them.

I am like the most un-crafty person ever so I'm pleasantly surprised that they look normal lol. Ill have to get him to model some for me and ill post pics.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I make doll clothes and I'm hoping to sell some. I also make quilt tops and sew for my grandchildren. I love making pillowcases because they are such stash busters. I have costume patterns as well. I'm wanting to make some time to make to sew myself some tops.

I really enjoy making the historical doll clothes but some of the contemporary patterns are really cute too.

Hello, I make doll clothes and I'm hoping to sell some. I also make quilt tops and sew for my grandchildren. I love making pillowcases because they are such stash busters. I have costume patterns as well. I'm wanting to make some time to make to sew myself some tops.

I really enjoy making the historical doll clothes but some of the contemporary patterns are really cute too.

Hi there, I have made doll clothes out of leftover fabric scraps and I really love it! They are my strictly "for fun" projects and it uses up any leftover fabric versus having scraps lying around. I also make oven mitts and potholders. It's kinda fun to see what you can get out of cut yardage.

For instance, I made my sister's wedding gown. From what was left of the fabric, I made my nephew's christening gown. From what was left after that, it was a doll wedding gown (Barbie sized) that won first prize in the local county fair. I still have a few pieces left.....

Archived