IGNORED

Ray Comfort logic

Kitchen Princess

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You inspired me!

:banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-guitar: :banana-jumprope: :banana-parachute:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You inspired me!

:banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-guitar: :banana-jumprope: :banana-parachute:

Just got the urge to eat a peanut butter/jelly sandwich. With a side of banana, of course.

So, I'm living in atheist heaven? That makes me feel blessed. I eat no animals, but I bet Ray would find a fault with that. I bet it's awfully immoral to abstain from meat eating... cause God placed animals on the earth for our benefit? Not eating meat goes against what God intended for us...? (Once a fundie on the Internet told me something similar - I'm trying to remember.)

I've heard the same argument - and it's grounds for a Bible-fight because the Genesis story says God gave Adam all the trees - well, but one - for food. Eating animals didn't seem to come into it until after the Fall, when Adam and Eve were first clothed in animal skins.

One of my favorite Bible passages contains a baseline for human and animal behavior: "And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." -- Isaiah 11:7-9

I've heard the same argument - and it's grounds for a Bible-fight because the Genesis story says God gave Adam all the trees - well, but one - for food. Eating animals didn't seem to come into it until after the Fall, when Adam and Eve were first clothed in animal skins.

One of my favorite Bible passages contains a baseline for human and animal behavior: "And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." -- Isaiah 11:7-9

God actually only explicitly tells humans they are allowed to eat meat to Noah and his family, after the Flood.

'The fear and dread of you shall rest on every animal of the earth, and on every bird of the air, on everything that creeps on the ground, and on all the fish of the sea; into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you; and just as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. Only, you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.'

(Genesis 9:2-4 NRSV)

God actually only explicitly tells humans they are allowed to eat meat to Noah and his family, after the Flood.

'The fear and dread of you shall rest on every animal of the earth, and on every bird of the air, on everything that creeps on the ground, and on all the fish of the sea; into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you; and just as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. Only, you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.'

Guess in the sooper speshyl bible Ray reads it says "except dogs, cats, horses, and fluffy bunnies."

Indeed - after the Fall; long after Abel's blood sacrifice of an animal was accepted while Cain's grain offering was rejected. The Bible doesn't oppose eating meat. When it comes to fundies who claim eating meat is our right, however, that's not in the Bible either. In fact, killing to remain alive seems to be part of the world's decay.

The Bible's primeval baseline - that which existed in the Garden and will exist again on God's holy mountain - seems to be that animals and people will neither kill nor be killed.

I think the real inaccuracy is that kittens don't have fingers, just tasty, tasty paws.

I find that the small bones get stuck in my teeth. I much prefer a nice puppy fillet. If I have a party to cater for I spit roast a Great Dane and serve the kitten paws as hors d'oeuvres.

Hmm. Well, here is someone else who also lives in Atheist Heaven. (lol)

And horsemeat is actually sold in the supermarket here, both "ham-style" to have on the sandwich and as a, well, piece of meat to have as part of a meal.

I personally hate it, because I'm a silly horse-lover, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

The problem was the lack of labelling and lots of other commercial and political issues!

He is an idiot!

Archived