IGNORED

Young fundies picking a spouse

YPestis

Don't forget Cecily Bradrick, the Reims sisters. the Mally sisters ( one of whom just turned 34), some of the Morton girls, Chelsy and Allison Bontrager, Ruth Wissman and two Seppi women ( one of whom just turned 23)

On the male side you have Issac Botkin, Nathaniel Darnell, Duggars, Bates, anyone else?

Bill Gothard. Still single at 79.

Bill Gothard. Still single at 79.

How could I forget the Bradricks and the Mortons!

I didn't think about the males, since they don't have the same pressure as the girls to procreate immediately and often.

I think the fathers are the picky ones. Remember Rebecca Servan had to wait for years b4 her pop would let her marry. She also had to watch her younger sister get married b4 her. Of course she called it, HIS timing. Rebecca was well into her mid 20's. WHY was it even her pop's decision in the first place?? That's what I don't get out of courtship. Why do "adults" have to ask other adults for permission & then have others follow this around for accountability?

Did anyone know that Josh Harris married a girl who wasn't a virgin? Yep, & he is still getting rich off fundies buying that damn book of his.

I think the fathers are the picky ones. Remember Rebecca Servan had to wait for years b4 her pop would let her marry. She also had to watch her younger sister get married b4 her. Of course she called it, HIS timing. Rebecca was well into her mid 20's. WHY was it even her pop's decision in the first place?? That's what I don't get out of courtship. Why do "adults" have to ask other adults for permission & then have others follow this around for accountability?

Did anyone know that Josh Harris married a girl who wasn't a virgin? Yep, & he is still getting rich off fundies buying that damn book of his.

Ohhhh - do not let me get started on Josh Harris. When I was a teen he was just becoming all the rage - but I never bought into his crap. It is quite possibly the most hypocritical book ever. "Don't do what I did - do what I did after I did all the other stuff. After all, all people are the same and my method is a one-size-fits-all!!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!!!" :roll:

Here are some more: Esther Staddon ( just turned 26), some of the Wilkes, Stetzel and Neelly women ( all ATI families who blog, the two Girotti women who are mid twenties ( another ATI family who blogs on Mountain Musings) the Bookshire women ( Breezy and her sister), Mercy Morecraft and Darby Sproul. Granted some of these women are only 18/19 but when your whole theology rests on out breeding the rest, you think one would be married off very young.

Anyone remembers Bethany Lindvall?

Jonathan Lindvall was that guy, who didn´t let his daughters learn to drive bec. he didn´t want to "rob her future husband of that decision" and was/is a defender o "biblical betrothal".

Their site (boldchristianliving .com) and family blog seems to be dead since a while, Bethany and her fate faded into oblivion.

I recall reading somewhere on an old FJ thread, she´s in her 40s now?

I wonder what will become of her... :think:

Both.

You know when you're a young teenager, you think so-and-so is just perfect for you because he's cute and you like all the same bands and you both think your English teacher is hilarious but your Chemistry class sucks? But then you grow up and realize that you probably could fall in love with someone who doesn't even like any music at all, let alone the same bands, or someone who actually (horror of horrors) enjoys chemistry, because actually there are a lot more important factors in compatibility?

Fundies never grow up.

I also think it's a lot of both. They have unrealistically high standards, yet when they find a person they like, they suddenly convince themselves that the person meets all of their standards and they begin writing their fairytale around it. I mean, I highly doubt that when Priscilla and Anna were young that their idea of prince charming took the form of David and Josh. But once they were in sight, they readjusted their standards.

Archived