IGNORED

Kate Gosselin and Kendra Wilkinson wife swap MERGED with WD

Daisy4

Still don't get why it is bad for her to go out a couple times a week. It isn't like she is leaving Little Hank alone while she is doing it. He is in bed, she can go have fun.

Just saw it on you-tube.

No reason she should not go out if she wants. She's young. Child is cared for. But at 2 and 1/2 he is in school every day and when he is not she has a full time nanny.

They then picked super controlling Mother of 8 to match her with. Just usual TV staged crap.

Kate looked better with the weird short hair and no make-up. Now she looks plastic.

Definitely an attempt to clean up her PR image. :(

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least with the Gosselins, it is only a matter of time before one of those children writes a tell-all book. Unlike the Duggars, where we're left wondering if any of the kids will rebel.

I used to think this, but after seeing the wife swap on youtube I doubt it a little. The children looked all very brainwashed and their eyes were dead. They said themself live was all work, work, work. At least Kendra did pick up on that part. She made an affort to let the kids have some time off, but the children looked to scared to take it.

I think Khate told the "poor me" story so often, she started to believe it herself and allowed herself to have melt downs and to lose her temper on the kids. But really, the kids go to school when it is still dark outside, they are terrified to misbehave and they do all sorts of jobs around the house. How hard can it be?

Kate is just terrible. It makes me so sad to see her act like that toward her children I just can't watch.

I did just spend the last two days reading 'Upstairs' aka Hefnerland after seeing it on this thread.

My thoughts are - 1. Holy shit, what a nightmare. 2. The whole book is written terribly, did she not have an editor? 3. Jill Ann is such a wannabe. Not that I don't believe her stories necessarily but the whole thing stinks of 'rejected fangirl'.

Just watched it on Youtube. They definitely made Kate seem like a great mother and Kendra like a silly party girl :roll: I did find Kate controlling and superficial....and seriously overdressed most of the time! I rolled my eyes when she talked about how she did everything blah blah and got up at stupid o'clock because, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she used to sleep in and Jon would bring her breakfast in bed? As much as I don't necessarily agree with people having nannies (FYI Kate: full-time childcarer = nanny/au pair) I found Kendra way more down to earth and she admitted to not being perfect...unlike Kate. Also it seemed that Hank did a lot around the house because he wanted to not because Kendra didn't want to. It was horrible to see the 8 Gosselins get so worked up about making a mess on the floor when they ate, those children seem to live in fear :( The boys also seemed a bit reluctant to hug Kate when she got back. I'm all for giving kids structure but hey it seemed like they couldn't go to the loo without it being scheduled! Also I think it was good to send Little Hank to school/nursery - it's important for him to learn social skills etc by being with other children, he also looked a lot happier that the 8 Gosselins.

I finally got around to watching this and I agree with people here, the episode was pretty much made to put Kate in a good light. She plays the martyr role so well. But, it was nice to see Cara and Maddy a little older. I feel for those girls. One thing that bothered me was the instruction thing given to Kate said that the nanny/housekeeper (Rosa, I think her name was) was there everyday. I really hope that that is not true and that she gets days off every week. I also hope they paid her for those days Kate decided to send her home.

• 3 weeks later...

You've got to be fluffing kidding me. Kate so kids go to school all day 5 days a week, they do the bulk of the housework, and are with their dad 50% of the time. Kate is coiffed, toned and tan she clearly has no issue spending time on herself. This whole episode was a bs pr stunt to make her look good.

Kate is just terrible. It makes me so sad to see her act like that toward her children I just can't watch.

I did just spend the last two days reading 'Upstairs' aka Hefnerland after seeing it on this thread.

My thoughts are - 1. Holy shit, what a nightmare. 2. The whole book is written terribly, did she not have an editor? 3. Jill Ann is such a wannabe. Not that I don't believe her stories necessarily but the whole thing stinks of 'rejected fangirl'.

Jill Ann is such a wanna be. The whole deal of the business car hissy? :roll: FYI Bridget wore the floral dress that Jill Ann has pics of Bridget flashing her thong in to her farewell party on the last episode of GND. Oh the things that occupy my mind.

A lot of what she has to say lines up with what was written in Bunny Tails by one of Hef's other girlfriends, as well as what Kendra wrote in her book. I very much think she had a axe to grind with her book. And I very much agree with the horrible editing.

I'd still give my eye teeth to go to a Playboy party.

Kendra really got a raw deal in Wife Swap. Most of the time when she's partying, she's getting paid to to so. I also think she just goes out with the girls for dinner. She's not in the tabloids a lot. She's also been working really hard lately with Splash, aka "Diving with the Stars". I'll admit I'm a total GND 1.0 fan girl. When Mr. BeamMeUp was deployed, I worked my way through all 6 seasons via Netflix, including re-watching for the commentary. (Commentary is best on their last season).

Wow, all that background information made me really sympathetic for Kendra and happy she seems to have found a happy home life with Hank.

Hank seemed to understand she needs a little time to "shake the dust from her shoes" - and gives her space and time to indulge a little. Kendra came across as a hardworking and involved mom. (Sending your child to school while you work out.. when your body image is your job makes sense to me.)

Her experiences with the Hef machine are creepy and sad to me.

I finally saw the rerun. First, Little Hank is absolutely one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen. I could not take my eyes off of him. And though Kendra did come across like a vapid party girl totally into her looks I do realize how being social and attractive is part of her "brand." She seems to have the ability to learn and grow from the experience, and I thought she had some good intentions with the Gosselin kids by trying to get them to loosen up and have fun. As for big Hank, I thought his help around the house was due to his love for Kendra and wanting to make the household run more smoothly, and not because he's a weak man whose balls are in Kendra's designer handbag.

And watching this did not warm me up to Kate. It's great that she provides some structure and is organized; you would have to be with eight kids. But she's so damn rigid. Not everything needs to be on a set schedule and so regimented. The kids need some serious spontaneous fun time. They're kids!!! I liked Kendra's idea about the taco picnic, but it broke my heart when one of the kids freak out over get some taco stuff on the floor. Hey, it happens-just clean it up.

Nope, this show did not make me like Kate, but I do like Kendra.

I dont know if any of you have seen Kates latest twitter war. Its almost amusing to think that she still has a stick up her ass.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/ ... last-name/

As far as the wife swap thing, I am not surprised that Kendra was the party girl. Thats part of her brand. I just wish they would throw Kate under the bus.

Archived