IGNORED

Jacque Dixon no longer religious?

yewchapel

So I used to read the Dixon blogs and while I was googling for something else I stumbled across Jacque's blog, and it looks like she's not religious at all anymore? I knew they'd moved back to America because of lurking on here before the rejig, but didn't realise they'd ditched religion altogether. Looking at Amanda's blog (and we have a mutual friend on facebook), Amanda seems like a mainstream Christian now. Jacque's blog is full of faux-hippy talk and selling handbags.

jacquedixon.com

(hope I've broken the link right!)

Wow, not one mention of God or Yeshua or whatever they called him for years. If it sticks I am thrilled for the kids, but they seem to change their mind more than the weather so I am not holding my breath.

Jocelyn Dixon was my gateway fundie. I never really followed Jacque, she was always either too crazy or too boring. But I looked at her blog a few weeks ago and I was surprised by the no mention of religion at all.

I understand this family was relatively normal, until a few years ago?

Yeah Jocelyn had a formspring and some other blog talking about how her family wasn't very religious anymore.

It's all very weird given that they moved to Costa Rica because they were convicned the US was babylon or something. I'd sort of love to know what the catalyst was. Maybe they got tired of Costa Rica?

Yeah Jocelyn had a formspring and some other blog talking about how her family wasn't very religious anymore.

It's all very weird given that they moved to Costa Rica because they were convicned the US was babylon or something. I'd sort of love to know what the catalyst was. Maybe they got tired of Costa Rica?

They didn't seem to be doing too well in CR, did they? I guess Jocelyn's two failed courtships might have played a part too, since she was supposed to be one of the poster girls of the SAHD movement.

So I used to read the Dixon blogs and while I was googling for something else I stumbled across Jacque's blog, and it looks like she's not religious at all anymore? I knew they'd moved back to America because of lurking on here before the rejig, but didn't realise they'd ditched religion altogether. Looking at Amanda's blog (and we have a mutual friend on facebook), Amanda seems like a mainstream Christian now. Jacque's blog is full of faux-hippy talk and selling handbags.

jacquedixonDOTcom

(hope I've broken the link right!)

Jacquedixon.com, if you do not add the http://www part, the link is broken.

who's she? Too many fundies, too little time.

Mother of a family who were mainstream fundie, then went Torah Observant/fake Jew. They moved to Costa Rica because America is Babylon, then changed their minds and moved back to the US. Jocelyn used to run the Feelin' Feminine website.

Mother of a family who were mainstream fundie, then went Torah Observant/fake Jew. They moved to Costa Rica because America is Babylon, then changed their minds and moved back to the US. Jocelyn used to run the Feelin' Feminine website.

Why are these fundies always bouncing from one extreme to another? :?:

Yeah, it's a little Brandy-esque. I follow them on Pinterest. They now love pinning tattoo art, pro-gay slogans, etc, etc.

Yeah, it's a little Brandy-esque. I follow them on Pinterest. They now love pinning tattoo art, pro-gay slogans, etc, etc.

What?!? They were one of my fav fundy families. I read Jocelyn's blog all the time when she was courting some guy she'd never met but they were madly in love. She stopped saying much for a while so I stopped reading. What happened to change them and what happened with the courtship(s)? She was with Leonardo (I think) when I was reading.

They didn't seem to be doing too well in CR, did they? I guess Jocelyn's two failed courtships might have played a part too, since she was supposed to be one of the poster girls of the SAHD movement.

Perhaps they got tired out the insect life. Flying cockroaches anyone?

I think Jaque has just switched sides. I'm sure she's still crazy & controlling, it's just that her cause is different.

Jocelyn Dixon was my gateway fundie. I never really followed Jacque, she was always either too crazy or too boring. But I looked at her blog a few weeks ago and I was surprised by the no mention of religion at all.

I understand this family was relatively normal, until a few years ago?

She was my gateway fundie too! I came across Feelin' Feminine one day and got hooked. I admit, I read every. single. issue.

Despite the content, the magazine was put together quite well. Especially considering her age at the time and SOTDRT education, it was the most polished, professional-looking fundie publication I've come across. Jocelyn does have a talent for publishing and layout.

I too was hooked on Feelin Feminine :) The content was often highly snarkable and enraging, but at least indeed it was attractively presented and some of the fashion and recipe posts were interesting.

I hope Jocelyn and her siblings will now get a chance to make choices and do something with their lives.

The last time that we talked to them (maybe 6 months ago?) Jocelyn and her ex-fiance came here and screamed at each other, blaming the other for the break up, etc. It was really stupid and immature. Some people tried to talk to J and ask her questions, but it didn't go to well.

I'm going to go see if I can find the thread.

ETA: here we go! 12 pager in August! viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11773&hilit=jocelyn+dixon

Does that thread coincide with the most forum activity in one day?

LOL idk, but it was crazy.....like watching a train wreck in slow motion!

Hey folks! Just finding out about this one. What a shock to find this out!! Jocelyn was my gateway fundie b4 I even realized what being "fundie" was. I seriously didn't know kids like her existed and found her very interesting. She was HARD CORE back then & seemed to have an answer for everything that's wrong in the world. People called her brainwashed & she said that the "world" was brainwashed. I got hooked on reading her blog daily. It was through her that I found 7 sisters, Jasmine Baucom, & Lina.

While visiting Lina's blog, I found the Servens & Maxwells. Didn't realize how crazy they were until stumbling upon the legendary Free Jinger forum a few years back. You guys are better than People mag!

Archived