IGNORED

The gospel according to Lori: Spanking and submission

I mentioned this in a previous post about one of the comments possibly being a troll or subtle snark comment. But I had to laugh when Lori replied to it.

Kath

· 6 hours ago

I llove the posts on submission and spankings, because that's what I need more reminding of than anything! Keep on writing. I am hoping to be a wise, old, godly lady one day so I am a faithful reader. I don't even have to leave the comfort of my beautiful home to take a class, I just get to learn online, and practice on my five little ones at home. Smile!

Lori Alexander · 4 minutes ago

One of the wonderful benefits of the Internet! I learn so much on line also in the comfort of my own home. Thank you, Kath, for the encouragement. I always want to be faithful to God's Word because His ways work!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/ ... rents.html

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/ ... ldren.html

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/ ... anked.html

It takes a monster....truly it does. :cry: I wouldn't treat my worst enemy the way this woman treated her own children.

I remember those postings. Another fucked thing about Lori is that she thought it was ok for her son to forcefeed his crying daughter. I also get the feeling that Lori also verbally abuses her children. She posted about during an illness bout, she got upset with her daughter for not making soup the way she wanted it to be made. The posting was very bitchy and she also whined about her dad not buying a certain soup.

I've always wondered how hitting small children fits in with the fruit of the spirit (Gal 5:22-23), personally :idea:

How exactly does hitting a small child show love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, or self-control? I mean, hitting anyone is sure as hell not gentle and if you're hitting someone when you're totally under control, well... that's pre-meditated if you're assaulting an adult and is considered worse than a provoked attack. Faithful doesn't really apply, I guess.

Is it good or kind to hit people? If so, why don't we go around hitting everyone? And why would we be told to "turn the other cheek?"

Forbearance is basically patience (for those who don't know the definition and don't want to look it up) - how is it patient to hit someone for doing something that you don't want them to do? Shouldn't you actually teach them, yanno, patiently?

Peace, yeah, hitting definitely shows peace. Whenever people want to end a fight or disagreement, the fastest way to a peaceful resolution is to take off your belt small strap and start beating the other person's ass :roll:

If someone is joyful about hitting a small child, they're just not right in the head. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Love is the only one that fundies really claim that spanking shows to their children and that's because they (generally speaking) believe that they're required to do it for the good of their children's souls so therefore it's "loving" to beat them to "save" their eternal souls. Firstly that's not Biblical as far as I know and secondly, unless it's happening between consenting adults, beating someone is never "loving" - at least, not to the person being beaten. I suppose you could beat someone who hurt someone you love out of love for that other person, but I doubt it could ever be showing love to a non-consenting beatee :snooty:

I find it very telling when fundies talk about "enjoying" their children only once they had "trained" them. First of all, if you only enjoy your kid when s/he is being a perfect obedient robot, YOU DON'T LIKE KIDS. Second, if you don't like kids to begin with, training yourself to tune out the instinct that makes beating them abhorrent is not really going to help with that, and will probably lead to you losing control with them even sooner than otherwise.

Also "spanking and submission"? Lori and Ken, FFS, go to a fetish convention already. The season is just starting and I'm sure there is one in your neck of the woods in the next 6 months - you can talk about this stuff 'till you are blue in the face. Only with CONSENTING ADULTS. Honestly, joking aside, I really do think one or both of them got their kink mixed up with their religion, and this doesn't seem to be all that unusual for fundies. :?

No shit!!

Yeah, Ken (aka "Mr Ten Minutes Special") and Lori should stick to the kink scene where everything is between consenting adults and leave that BS about that Titus 2 "mentoring" crap that she seems so fond of (shows some serious dom instincts there-) and her cruel fondness for hurting children in her head . That last one (her talking about kids needing severe spankings in every 3 posts of hers or so) is so seriously abnormal that she should get herself to a shrink. No sane adult woman is fond of hurting kids, even under the term "corporal punishment". The few women close to me that I know who spank their kids- and thankfully there are less and less around me as they tend to use other ways to punish other than hitting- all feel like shit and are very ashamed of themselves after they did it. Lori seems delighted in knowing that somehow somewhere at this moment a bratty 5 yr-old is getting a spanking and is crying about it. What a cruel woman! :(

She always talk about how women submitting to men is our natural state, which is very funny because when I read Lori's musings I see a Dom waiting to come out. :twisted: She should start "playing" as a Dom with Ken "subbing" once in a while maybe it'll calm her sadistic writings in the long run.

That woman gives me the creeps. In the triumverate of the fundie women that I hate among the ones we talk about alot she's my #1, with Kidist #2 and Zsu getting the bronze. Bravo Lori, you're #1!! :clap: :clap:

It takes a monster....truly it does. :cry: I wouldn't treat my worst enemy the way this woman treated her own children.

I remember those postings. Another fucked thing about Lori is that she thought it was ok for her son to forcefeed his crying daughter. I also get the feeling that Lori also verbally abuses her children. She posted about during an illness bout, she got upset with her daughter for not making soup the way she wanted it to be made. The posting was very bitchy and she also whined about her dad not buying a certain soup.

Charming... and force feeding that poor child helped whom exactly?The poor thing was too small to really understand what was going on ( not that understanding makes it any better). Also why on earth would you force feed a distraught child ( not that you should be force feeding anyone), I don't know about others but I would consider that a choking hazard. Why do these people have children again? Oh right quivers and feeling powerful. blergh.

More from the comment section:

Lori:

I spanked my children when I was angry because rebellion is so ugly and I didn't want them to act ugly. I never abused them when I spanked them, just did it hard enough so it would hurt. It is never easy to spank and make your children cry but it is so worth it, just as it isn't easy to submit to our husband but is so good. We must go based upon what is right and not upon our feelings. Keep up the good work, Tiffany!

So she hit her children when she was angry, and she hit them hard so it would hurt, but it's not abuse because MENTOR? Got it. :roll:

Lori:

We didn't even allow arguing among the siblings

This is scary to me. They can't argue with their siblings or their parents. Could they argue with their peers? How were they taught to use their minds and assert themselves?

Reader:

What advice would you give to parents who missed the window where spanking is most appropriate age wise?

Same reader:

We went through a stage when they were younger when we pretty much spanked for everything, then we second guessed that and never spanked for anything, now its kind of a mix of both, ect.

Lori:

I still don't think they are too old to spank if you only spank when they are openly defiant to you.

Vikki, in the story above, had sons that were older and they just needed to be spanked harder. It must hurt to be effective. Pain is a great motivator for obedience.

Random reader calls her to task over women speaking in the church.

Lori's reply?

It doesn't in any way make the women less than the men, it just gives honor to the men as leaders in the church. We women do have a tendency to talk too much and it is in reference to church meetings not excitedly telling others that Christ rose from the dead!

Lori

Every parent gets to make their own choice. I was spanked and we spanked our children and it worked for us. The Bible commands older women to train the younger women to love their children and part of loving your children is in training the young women so they do discipline in healthy ways. We aren't meant to figure it out ourselves but to learn from those who have gone before us and had success at doing it.

Spanking: Because Lori says so.

So much I want to say, but then a memory came into my head--my (abusive, self-pitying, fill in the blank) father complaining about my (probably ADHD) brother--I beat him and beat him and nothing ever changes.

Ya think?

That's it.

Someone needs to seriously get the authorities on her ass.

Dear Lori;

there's a difference between disclipining your child and spanking your kid as an excuse to get away with beating your kid.

That's it.

Someone needs to seriously get the authorities on her ass.

Dear Lori;

there's a difference between disclipining your child and spanking your kid as an excuse to get away with beating your kid.

I can't help but wonder if she is already using "the strap" on poor little Emma.

I can't help but wonder if she is already using "the strap" on poor little Emma.

That is probably happening. Lori heavily promotes the Pearls and I'm sure she has pushed Pearl books on her son and daughter-in-law. It is likely that her daughter-in-law comes from a fundie family that believes in spanking. This is a bit off-topic, but didn't an FJer call CPS on Kendull in North Carolina?

One of Lori's fangirls commented and asked a question regarding the Duggars.

Victoria · 3 hours ago

Another note...I wonder how the Duggars from TLC discipline their kids. They have 20 and they are so well behaved.

Lori Alexander · 2 hours ago

They live by the Bible so I am sure they spank their children during those rare occasions that they need it. They also teach them the ways of God consistently.

The Duggar kids aren't that well behaved. It is also well known that years ago the Duggars promoted To Train Up A Child on their old site.

The younger Duggar children aren't well behaved. And their parents, who expect the rest of the world to adjust to "Duggar time" also aren't well behaved.

That said, even if the adults and the younger children were "well-behaved," the saddest thing to me is that the best thing anyone can say about four adult women is that they are well-behaved children.

That is probably happening. Lori heavily promotes the Pearls and I'm sure she has pushed Pearl books on her son and daughter-in-law. It is likely that her daughter-in-law comes from a fundie family that believes in spanking. This is a bit off-topic, but didn't an FJer call CPS on Kendull in North Carolina?

Yes they did. Kendal even came here and addressed it. I believe she said they told her she could spank all day long and there was no law against it. I don't believe for a second that that's true, but I think that's what she claimed. :angry-cussingblack:

Also, I agree with the person who said Ken has a "look". Lori has one too as far as I'm concerned. I think it's the eyes. This is going to sound crazy, but I can usually see kindness in a persons eyes (if they are indeed a kind person). Lori and Ken just have a creepy, stone cold look about them. I get a little queasy every time I see that smile plastered on her face. Makes me wonder what the hell a person like that has to smile about...probably nothing good. Once you've cast your lot with the Pearls there's not much hope for you in my book.

The dynamics in this family are shady as fuck. Ken and Lori "mentoring" young couples is equally disturbing. I wonder if it strikes people as odd that Ken refuses to mentor a man unless Lori can mentor the woman. I think it's a way of ganging up on the wife.

I don't doubt it at all. She's a Pearl fan and they admit to beating other people's children. Doesn't matter that it's not her child, it's her grandchild and in her house, so she can beat it all she wants. Poor Emma and baby to be Alexander. I hope you can escape the cycle and run far, far away once you are able.

On an anti-Pearl site, I read an alternative interpretation of the verse about the rod of correction.

Their interpretation was that when the bible talks about the 'rod of correction', it's in the context of shepherding. A good shepherd uses the rod to gently redirect wayward members of the flock - but never hits them with it. Fundies choose to believe it literally means a rod with which to beat a child, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

Since Lori is a Pearl zombie, I think they probably follow the Pearl's advice on the matter of Emma. She's a baby, so what, a 12-inch willow 'switch' to beat her with should suffice?

Also, I agree with the person who said Ken has a "look". Lori has one too as far as I'm concerned. I think it's the eyes. This is going to sound crazy, but I can usually see kindness in a persons eyes (if they are indeed a kind person). Lori and Ken just have a creepy, stone cold look about them. I get a little queasy every time I see that smile plastered on her face. Makes me wonder what the hell a person like that has to smile about...probably nothing good. Once you've cast your lot with the Pearls there's not much hope for you in my book.

The dynamics in this family are shady as fuck. Ken and Lori "mentoring" young couples is equally disturbing. I wonder if it strikes people as odd that Ken refuses to mentor a man unless Lori can mentor the woman. I think it's a way of ganging up on the wife.

That was me who said that Ken has a "look". When I first started reading Lori's blog, I thought Ken was creepy looking and after reading some of his and Lori's postings, my suspicions were confirmed. We have said it before on FJ about hatefulness making people ugly on the outside and I think Ken is another example of that. I also think Ken looks like the Unabomber. Ken looked creepy in that pic Lori posted of him and the two daughters. This might just be me, but I also find something creepy looking about three of Lori's kids. The oldest daughter Alyssa doesn't look creepy, but the other three kids do. Those three have a stone cold look to them. The youngest daughter has a bitch face in some pictures, while Alyssa always looks happy and beautiful.

Lori said that they do their mentoring work via their church. My guess is that they attend a fundie lite or Evangelical type church. Sexist type churches are a bit common throughout Southern California. Lori did admit that some couples have rejected them. Many churches have couple menoring program which in some cases are helpful, but the scary thing here is that Ken and Lori have disturbing views on sex and submission. I hate to say it, but I see something bad happening with one of they couples they have have mentored. Lori's posting about telling a pregnant woman to please her husband sexually raised a a red flag for me. If an abused wife asked Lori and Ken for help, she would be fucked. Ken and Lori would probably blame her and they would tell her not to seek help from law enforcment, shelters etc. Ken also has a Master's of Divinity degree from Biola. He likely uses that to push his "mentoring" on couples.

I really hoped this was Lori's moment of honesty about her D/s lifestyle, but clearly I was far too hopeful. Just another post about how she enjoys abusing children. She really needs to get off it. In my experience, the more a blogger posts about certain topics, the more it's clear that things are screwed up. Obviously Lori and Ken don't get that. I can't find the vomiting smilie, otherwise it would be in this reply.

On an anti-Pearl site, I read an alternative interpretation of the verse about the rod of correction.

Their interpretation was that when the bible talks about the 'rod of correction', it's in the context of shepherding. A good shepherd uses the rod to gently redirect wayward members of the flock - but never hits them with it. Fundies choose to believe it literally means a rod with which to beat a child, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

Since Lori is a Pearl zombie, I think they probably follow the Pearl's advice on the matter of Emma. She's a baby, so what, a 12-inch willow 'switch' to beat her with should suffice?

The first paragraph is what really gets me about people who use this verse as an excuse to hit children. Sheep are not the brightest animals in the world and they scare easily. A sheep can also easily out maneuver the shepherd and if a shepherd would use his rod to beat the sheep they would run away constantly. A good shepherd uses his rod as an extension of his arm to gently guide the sheep in the right direction.

Lori, get your head out of where ever you have it stuck and acknowledge that you're making shit up to suit your viewpoint not the other way around. And just because something has been done for years (ie I was spank so I should spank) does not make it right. For years kids were sent off at a very young age to work in a sweatshop, plow a field, become a live in servant or worse does not mean it should still happen.

Or by the same logic since we've had generations of people alive since abortion became legal and birth control was readily available you should just accept that it will happen and STFU. After all if it worked for my mother & grandmother it's good enough for me! 8-)

OK, so fundies believe God made us and designed our brains in a certain way. This also includes the instinct that parents have to protect their kid and look after them. These instincts are there for a reason. Whether you believe in evolution or not, we know that these instincts are to help children survive as they have better chances if their parents look after them and doesnt try and hurt or kill them.

Why do these fundies think they know better than God?

They think they can teach themselves to turn off their instinct not to harm their child, without thinking that maybe God gave them these instincts because he doesnt want parents to beat up their kids.

They think they can train their baby not to cry and to feed and sleep on a schedule, without thinking that maybe babies were given the ability to cry so their parents know they need something. When youve just had a baby, breasts make more milk when hearing a baby cry-isnt that maybe a sign from God that babies should be fed when they cry?

Why do they feel that God gives them every idea they ever had, even simple things like what to have for dinner. They think God was the one who gave them everything, even things like finding the dress they wanted in the right size, yet they dont listen when it comes to caring for their children, who are apparently precious blessings and the best thing someone could ever have.

:clap:

Cassi remembers every single time she got in trouble. She has such a tender heart and hated to disappoint us. She remembers several times she got spanked and just remembers me using my leather strap. She doesn't remember the pain at all.

I remember being spanked as a child and the physical pain.

I was about three or four and I got into trouble for doing something I wasn't supposed to. I don't remember what it was. My babysitter was an older woman who said "You were a bad girl. Do you know what you did?"

I admitted to what I had done and said I was sorry.

She walked up to me, looked down, and slapped me hard across the face. I remember the slap and the pain it caused very well. I also told my parents and she was let go.

Also, I agree with the person who said Ken has a "look". Lori has one too as far as I'm concerned. I think it's the eyes. This is going to sound crazy, but I can usually see kindness in a persons eyes (if they are indeed a kind person). Lori and Ken just have a creepy, stone cold look about them. I get a little queasy every time I see that smile plastered on her face. Makes me wonder what the hell a person like that has to smile about...probably nothing good.

I agree with you. It's like the two-against-one thing as we all know the wife is always to blame. :roll:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices "the look." Everytime I see their pictures I always think "Something's not right" and recoil.

I don't want to wish bad things on anyone. But Lori is the one of the few fundies that I hope gets some kind of comeuppance someday. I remember in the infamous force feeding thread, someone said they hoped Lori ends up in a shitty nursing home.

I don't want to wish bad things on anyone. But Lori is the one of the few fundies that I hope gets some kind of comeuppance someday. I remember in the infamous force feeding thread, someone said they hoped Lori ends up in a shitty nursing home.

I'll throw in an "Amen" to that. The pleasure she obviously gets from inflicting pain on children comes through every time she writes about spanking and "discipline". Add to that the small leather strap and I can't even............

I'll throw in an "Amen" to that. The pleasure she obviously gets from inflicting pain on children comes through every time she writes about spanking and "discipline". Add to that the small leather strap and I can't even............

I get what you mean. I can't with Lori anymore either. I still have sympathy for some of bloggers that are younger than Lori. I hope some of them leave fundiedom or at least reject certain beliefs like spanking. Lori is in her 50s she won't change mostly because of her douche bag husband. I mentioned this before, but I do see something bad happening because of the shit Lori and Ken say and believe.

Archived