IGNORED

The gospel according to Lori: Spanking and submission

And if you don't listen to Lori, you don't listen to god, not to mention having an unteachable spirit111!!!!!1111!!!

One day Vikki's sons were misbehaving so she took them into her van to spank them. They ran out a few minutes later laughing and continuing in their misbehavior. Helen told her, "The pain of the spanking has to be greater than the joy of their disobedience. When you do it right, there will be crying and tears." Discipline that is not painful, is not effective. {Hebrews 12:11}

Vikki started implementing this and soon she had well-behaved sons and every one began enjoying them. "Other areas began to to be transformed in the women's lives too. Women began submitting to their husbands. Women with husbands who were unsaved or backslidden began applying I Peter 3:1,2 with remarkable results. Women who were previously outspoken in church business meetings learned to whisper ideas to their husbands instead. Women began cutting back on time spent away from home to truly become keepers at home."

Disciplining our children and being submissive do not come naturally to most women.

We don't like to see our toddler cry, and we don't like to be the cause of their tears.

Take note Lori, hurting our children isn't natural.

It is against our nature without God's wisdom. This is why God commands older women to teach the younger women. I have tried God's ways and they work. Teachable women try His ways and find they work also.

Lori's way= God's way.

Wonder if she finds it interesting that "God's way" is counter to our natural inclinations.

Women stop reading my blog when I write about spanking and submission. They have unteachable hearts. Yes, I know some children have been raised to be good adults without spankings but God tells us to discipline our children with rods {spank}. I believe God. His ways are good and they work.

I know that we post about Lori a lot, and often have more than one post going at a time. Honestly, I think it's good. She puts this vile, abusive garbage in the public domain daily. Someone needs to speak up and counter it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She is so full of herself.

And so shallow. "Always Learning" is the exact opposite of what she's actually doing. I don't think she could process new information that's counter to what she believes if she had to.

I call BS on all of this. I think she's taking incidents that might have happened and twisting them to conform with her own reasoning and agenda.

{Hebrews 12:11}

I wonder if that includes whatever discipline her husband provides her? Since we know they talk about that a lot.

Women who were previously outspoken in church business meetings learned to whisper ideas to their husbands instead. "

Not that I go to church lately, (I am cutting back on being away from the home--yeah, that's the ticket) but I would quit going to any church where this happened or was even allowed/encouraged."

Disciplining our children and being submissive do not come naturally to most women.

We don't like to see our toddler cry, and we don't like to be the cause of their tears.

Take note Lori, hurting our children isn't natural.

Wonder if she finds it interesting that "God's way" is counter to our natural inclinations.

Women stop reading my blog when I write about spanking and submission. They have unteachable hearts.

Or, they have bullshit detectors.....

Yes, I know some children have been raised to be good adults without spankings but God tells us to discipline our children with rods {spank}. I believe God. His ways are good and they work.

I wonder if she knows any kids who grew up to be bad adults with spankings... does she suppose it was because they spankings were too infrequent or not harsh enough?

I

I find it very telling when fundies talk about "enjoying" their children only once they had "trained" them. First of all, if you only enjoy your kid when s/he is being a perfect obedient robot, YOU DON'T LIKE KIDS. Second, if you don't like kids to begin with, training yourself to tune out the instinct that makes beating them abhorrent is not really going to help with that, and will probably lead to you losing control with them even sooner than otherwise.

Also "spanking and submission"? Lori and Ken, FFS, go to a fetish convention already. The season is just starting and I'm sure there is one in your neck of the woods in the next 6 months - you can talk about this stuff 'till you are blue in the face. Only with CONSENTING ADULTS. Honestly, joking aside, I really do think one or both of them got their kink mixed up with their religion, and this doesn't seem to be all that unusual for fundies. :?

Here's one big problem (among many) with the concept of spanking as discipline: Some kids will break down in tears of terror is a parent so much as threatens a swat on the butt. Others will turn around and say, "That didn't hurt." So what do you do--continue to whale away on the kid until he's unconscious?

I've said this before, but I think Lori is worse than ZsuZsu in some ways. Zsu admits to spanking, but she doesn't constantly write about it. Lori acts like a fan mouthpiece for the Pearls.

Women stop reading my blog when I write about spanking and submission. They have unteachable hearts. Yes, I know some children have been raised to be good adults without spankings but God tells us to discipline our children with rods {spank}. I believe God. His ways are good and they work.

I know many people who believe in God, but don't spank. I'm sorry Lori, but your God doesn't rule over everything and everyone. Not everyone is going to believe in God and many atheists were Christians at one point. Some people have become atheists because the same Bible that talks about rods, is also full of contradictions and many other ugly things.

Sidenote:I'm atheist and I don't mean to offend any believers here. I just get fed up with Lori acting like only Christians matter and I can't stand her belief that everyone needs to follow God and the Bible.

I am really becoming disturbed by the amount of postings Lori does on spanking kids and submission.

Women stop reading my blog when I write about spanking and submission. They have unteachable hearts.

I read too much of this "I'm right and you're wrong." Lori, what if everyone else is right and you are the one who is wrong?

Nah, that comes from the radical idea that women are people too.

If you don't want to be the cause of the child's tears don't strike them. There are so many much more effective ways of disciplining a child than striking them.

Lori Alexander - just another fucking asshole fundie who believes in beating babies & children.

Not surprising when she says things like "Michael Pearl, our favorite Bible teacher."

It amazes me how many Fundies misinterpret the "rod" as a switch and not as a tool used to guide, ie: a shepard guiding his flock with his rod. It's pathetic that they don't even properly understand what they preach.

Here's one big problem (among many) with the concept of spanking as discipline: Some kids will break down in tears of terror is a parent so much as threatens a swat on the butt. Others will turn around and say, "That didn't hurt." So what do you do--continue to whale away on the kid until he's unconscious?

Well, that's what happened to Lydia Shatz, so I guess the answer to your question is yes. Yes, you continue to whale away on the kid until he or she is unconscious or dead :evil:

And then Christians wonder why people think that they're cruel and hypocritical :roll:

There's another perfectly reasonable way to interpret the 6 or 7 rod verses that the entire spanking doctrine is built upon. The rod as parental authority and discipline (teaching) makes sense and doesn't involve hitting or beating children. Win win.

I used to "believe in" spanking. I used to believe if done calmly and lovingly and wisely it was a fine tool for helping a child learn and grow in certain circumstances, partly because it was how I was brought up, partly because of the things I was taught at church or read about in "christian" sources. But then one day I started to realise that I never actually was calm, even if I was not showing loss of control outwardly, and that my children did not percieve me as a loving mama when I was hitting them and nor did I feel loving at that moment, and that it wasn't wise because I was constantly reinforcing that if people piss us off, we should hit out.

I am really thankful that sites like freejinger speak up about spanking and question arseholes like Lori who peddle the lie that the only good Christian mother is the one who spanks (and spanks until her children are in pain and crying).

I do not enjoy being around unruly children; in fact, I pretty much abhor it.

That's why I don't have children. See the logic there, Lori?

OK, so fundies believe God made us and designed our brains in a certain way. This also includes the instinct that parents have to protect their kid and look after them. These instincts are there for a reason. Whether you believe in evolution or not, we know that these instincts are to help children survive as they have better chances if their parents look after them and doesnt try and hurt or kill them.

Why do these fundies think they know better than God?

They think they can teach themselves to turn off their instinct not to harm their child, without thinking that maybe God gave them these instincts because he doesnt want parents to beat up their kids.

They think they can train their baby not to cry and to feed and sleep on a schedule, without thinking that maybe babies were given the ability to cry so their parents know they need something. When youve just had a baby, breasts make more milk when hearing a baby cry-isnt that maybe a sign from God that babies should be fed when they cry?

Why do they feel that God gives them every idea they ever had, even simple things like what to have for dinner. They think God was the one who gave them everything, even things like finding the dress they wanted in the right size, yet they dont listen when it comes to caring for their children, who are apparently precious blessings and the best thing someone could ever have.

Given that almost every child prior to the 80s was spanked and virtually none are now and yet society hasn't collapsed I'd say she's full of shit. And a fucking child abuser too.

I am really becoming disturbed by the amount of postings Lori does on spanking kids and submission.

I've been disturbed by her for awhile. Her views on sex and how women should never refuse sex, are what disturbed me first. Then she started piling on the submission and spanking postings. I mentioned Zsu not constantly blogging about spanking that much. I can't think of any other fundie blogger who writes about spankings as much as Lori does. As for submission, I think Lori keeps bringing that up because that is only "advice" she knows how to give. She is full of herself and thinks of herself as some kind of grand mentor for Christian women. I was happy when she once admitted on the blog that some women and couples have rejected her advice. Ken is also disturbing and I hate to say it but it shows on his face. There is something creepy about how he looks. I think his ugliness shows on the outside. I think he does abuse Lori emotionally.

Lori and Ken's second grandchild will be born in May. I fear for Emma, that baby and other grandchildren who have to be born into the Alexander family. I honestly hope that Lori's kids don't have large families. I also hope that at least one of Lori's kids will reject the Pearl crap. I suspect that ballerina daughter Alyssa is trying to become less fundie.

The comments today are :o

I llove the posts on submission and spankings, because that's what I need more reminding of than anything! Keep on writing. I am hoping to be a wise, old, godly lady one day so I am a faithful reader. I don't even have to leave the comfort of my beautiful home to take a class, I just get to learn online, and practice on my five little ones at home. Smile!

When people ask me what I want for my daughter, I no longer tell them that I just want her to be happy. I want her to listen to God's call. No one ever said that life will be all happy.

I am glad to read posts about spanking and submission. Thank you for caring enough to write them.

God Bless and have a wonderful day.

These people are why Lori's blog needs to be commented on by posters Lori herself can't filter. These women have precious children and they are eating posts up that encourage them to hit them and to bring them enough pain to make them cry. Lori is a sick woman.

The comments today are :o

These people are why Lori's blog needs to be commented on by posters Lori herself can't filter. These women have precious children and they are eating posts up that encourage them to hit them and to bring them enough pain to make them cry. Lori is a sick woman.

I think the first comment is a troll type comment. When I first read it, I freaked out at someone being happy about practicing spanking. But the previous sentences showed some snark directed towards Lori.

I llove the posts on submission and spankings, because that's what I need more reminding of than anything! Keep on writing. I am hoping to be a wise, old, godly lady one day so I am a faithful reader.

And so shallow. "Always Learning" is the exact opposite of what she's actually doing. I don't think she could process new information that's counter to what she believes if she had to.

"Always Spouting Nonsense" is more like it.

It amazes me how many Fundies misinterpret the "rod" as a switch and not as a tool used to guide, ie: a shepard guiding his flock with his rod. It's pathetic that they don't even properly understand what they preach.

QFT as in quoted for efin truth. I believe there is a waterfall of abuse in that household that starts with Ken abusing Lori and then the children. I got beaten not spanked and I have a strong feeling their kids do too. It just makes my blood boil. These types always use the same excuses about spare the rod and children obey your parents, but they fail to mention that, as mentioned earlier, the rod being instruction to guide or the part about parents not provoking their children to wrath. If you're going to have the mindset that the Bible says it so I believe it at least know of that which you speak. :angry-cussingblack:

QFT as in quoted for efin truth. I believe there is a waterfall of abuse in that household that starts with Ken abusing Lori and then the children. I got beaten not spanked and I have a strong feeling their kids do too. It just makes my blood boil. These types always use the same excuses about spare the rod and children obey your parents, but they fail to mention that, as mentioned earlier, the rod being instruction to guide or the part about parents not provoking their children to wrath. If you're going to have the mindset that the Bible says it so I believe it at least know of that which you speak. :angry-cussingblack:

Lori has referred before to hitting her children with a "strap". It made my blood run cold.

My children definitely feared us growing up

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/06/healthy-fear-of-parents.html

Cassi remembers every single time she got in trouble. She has such a tender heart and hated to disappoint us. She remembers several times she got spanked and just remembers me using my leather strap. She doesn't remember the pain at all.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/02/goal-in-disciplining-children.html

As they got older, if we asked them to do something and they said "no" or refused to do it, we would give them a few hard smacks on their bottom with a small leather strap.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/02/when-we-spanked.html

It takes a monster....truly it does. :cry: I wouldn't treat my worst enemy the way this woman treated her own children.

So, my kids aren't criminals and actually get perfect conduct scores at school, but according to Lori, I violated the bible because I didn't hit them.

So, what should I have done? Taken a rod and hit them anyway, even though it wouldn't have improved the outcome? To my mind, that's not discipline - it's violence for no reason, which clearly violates the Golden Rule.

Archived