IGNORED

Mad Men/Dr. Who

Soldier of the One

Dear god, why??

Probably because I wasn't born until the 70's and have no idea what it was "actually" like back then.

First: Mad Men. Is it worth getting into that series? Is it any good?

Absolutely.

Depends on what you like in your drama TV shows, though. Don is not a likeable guy, and season 5 wasn't my favorite, but I still am all in. Matt Weiner only does 12 or so eps a season, so you can catch up before Season Six premiers.

"Game of Thrones" seems to be trying to unseat "Mad Men" as my favorite show, and the new season of GoT premiers 3/31.

"Game of Thrones" seems to be trying to unseat "Mad Men" as my favorite show, and the new season of GoT premiers 3/31.

CAN'T WAIT

CAN'T WAIT

Love Game of Thrones too.

What about boardwalk empire? I love that show although I do watch a lot of it through my fingers...

Argghhh I am not trying to fret over the new GoT starting because I can't wait. And that's why I need a replacement drug, I mean, show.

Interesting that so many are fans of Game of Thrones. A lot of it was filmed here in Ireland and I have a family member who had a decent sized part in the last series....

That Comic Relief clip is brilliant, and it was my intro to Catherine Tate.

Can't comment on Mad Men because I've never seen it but the reboot of Doctor Who is one of the few shows I watch (although I have to catch up on the current season). I usually watch on my computer with its USB TARDIS hub, drinking tea from my TARDIS mug, writing with my sonic screwdriver pen, sitting alongside the Ten and Runaway Bride Donna mice that I had made for me from House of Mouse on Etsy.

I adored Eccleston and though S1 Rose was good. I did like Tennant although he and Rose together weren't my cup of tea and by the end of S2, I found Saint Rose intolerable. I like Martha too, and Donna was all sorts of awesome. Unfortunately for me Tennant's departure just dragged on and on and on and on so I was really ready for him to just be gone already at the. No fault of Tennant's; I'm looking at YOU, Rusty.

I do adore Matt Smith and his Doctor probably ties with Eccleston. Love River and Rory but I could never warm to Amy (young Amy is gold though). For some reason, I find Karen Gillan extremely difficult to understand and I usually never have a problem with even the heaviest accents. She's very mumbly and she tends to bite off the ends of her words so I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what she's saying and less time on following the storylines.

Fave eps:

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

Father's Day

Human Nature/Family of Blood

Blink (probably my all time fave)

and I'm drawing a blank on so many others.

Human Nature/Family of Blood shows how cold the Doctor can be. I know those guys were bad, but he tortured them for all of eternity. I love the Empty Child, it is scary but it has the 9th Doctor plus Captian Jack. Silence in the Library where the 10th Doctor is so confused by River Song is also one of my favorites. I also like A Good Man Goes to War.

This is my favorite part of AGMGW:

I am watch Mad Men - season 4 this weekend again, and thoroughly loving it. I also have sesaon 5 which I will rewatch before the new season airs. I like to watch some of my fav episodes with the audio commentary - quite funny at times.

Mad Men is one of my favorites. It's got great acting (well, I think the jury is still out on January Jones, but she's perfect as Betty), incredible writing, very compelling characters and, I think, a pretty nuanced look at the gender dynamics of the era, at least as they played out among educated urban professionals.

And yes, the clothes are divine. I don't really want to go back to that era at all, but I do love the fashion. It's been a mixed blessing because on the one hand, the clothes I love are so much more readily available due to Mad Men...but on the other, now the dresses I've had in my closet for years make me look like I am copying Christina Hendricks' character! :lol:

And yes, the clothes are divine. I don't really want to go back to that era at all, but I do love the fashion. It's been a mixed blessing because on the one hand, the clothes I love are so much more readily available due to Mad Men...but on the other, now the dresses I've had in my closet for years make me look like I am copying Christina Hendricks' character! :lol:

Have you read this series? Interesting from a costume/fashion POV. http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/tag/mad-style (link not broken, because I'm pretty sure they'd be amused and the blog is their livelihood)

My fiance got me hooked on Mad Men over Christmas. I just finished the last episode before the new season a week ago.

Loooove Joan.

Also, I have an obscene amount of hate for Pete Campbell. I want nothing but bad stuff to happen to that little shit.

Archived