IGNORED

Reading List with Political/Theological Analyses

Soldier of the One

Curious (and others involved),

Could we cobble together a reading list or 'library' with extant literature, websites and blogs addressing and analyzing Quiverfull, Reconstructionism and Dominionism?

I know religiousdispatches.org has published Kathryn Joyce's articles. There's the Chris Hedges book 'American Fascists' that I know of, and there's this website:

http://www.theocracywatch.org/dominionism.htm

I know places like Jezebel or Feministing might have paid cursory attention to the movements as well (and the SAHD phenomenon).

Plus there are blogs like 'Love, Joy, Feminism' which provide a great resource as well as a valuable insider perspective.

I think it would make FJ even better, providing readership with some background material and informing them of the real dangers and political ramifications of these movements.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I'm actually working on a list of books and films, but am swamped with work right now, so it will be a while.

I have the book you mentioned on the list already -- GMTA. :D

Anyone is welcome to PM me with book titles.

I'm not doing websites and blogs, so someone else might want to take that.

Thoughtful - great! I will keep it in mind. If I come across interesting articles, I will PM you. Thanks for doing the hard work and good luck!

Curious (and others involved),

Could we cobble together a reading list or 'library' with extant literature, websites and blogs addressing and analyzing Quiverfull, Reconstructionism and Dominionism?

Thoughts? Thanks!

This is the great thing about having a weird sleeping schedule. People answer before I even get up :)

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? :)

absolutely :)

• 4 months later...

I've been reading two books on the Kindle that may apply. The first is A Year of Biblical Womanhood, written by a fundie-light woman who takes the Bible's rules regarding women literally for a year. It includes discussion of Quiverfull and interviews with QF daughters.

The second is Quiverfull: Inside the Christian Patriarchy Movement. I haven't gotten past the introduction yet, but should be an informative read!

Archived