IGNORED

Spanking is abuse Kendal!

latraviata

Why is it that I'm not desperate? It's my husband. Without him I would most certainly drown. When he comes home from work, I can clock out. He takes over the discipline and he even gives all 4 children a bath and gets them ready for bed.

The first thing he takes over is the discipline? Shit my chap is doing it wrong he starts with a kiss a cuddle and then normally lego. Wait! Is this Kelly the Grinch who stole Christmas?

Also I find asking for money for 'Rich family adoption' Funny. :lol:

The first thing he takes over is the discipline? Shit my chap is doing it wrong he starts with a kiss a cuddle and then normally lego. Wait! Is this Kelly the Grinch who stole Christmas?

Also I find asking for money for 'Rich family adoption' Funny. :lol:

Enlighten me, is that a normal thing in the USA, to beg for money for an adoption?

For an infertile couple with a modest income, I sort of understand, but for a couple with already 4 children?

I was tempted many years ago to use a behavior chart on my now oldest. She was probably 2 1/2 −3. I was desperate for her to "behave" and obey. Out of that desperation we considered doing a chart. But then I started reading some books about discipline and I realized I was just avoiding training her to obey me. I also realized that a sticker is not the reason I should teach her to obey her parents. God's word says so!

So a sticker is not good motivation to obey, but "not getting hit" is acceptable motivation? Either way, the kid isn't obeying just for the sake of obeying.

Enlighten me, is that a normal thing in the USA, to beg for money for an adoption?

For an infantile couple with a modest income, I sort of understand, but for a couple with already 4 children?

Many years before I found FJ, some family friends of my family helped out their daughter with adoption costs. She and her hubby financed most of the adoption costs but came up short. The parents owned quite a bit of property and they sold a few acres and gave her some of the money to help out with adoption. The other people that I know personally that have adopte, seemed to have either paid for everything themselves or they might have received money from relatives. I have never known anyone personally who has had adoption fundraisers. I started reading FJ yuku in 2011 and I was a bit surprised by that fundie lite couple Daniel and Lyndsie who had adoption fund link on their blog. Over time, I realized that adoption fundraisers or funds happen quite a bit in some circles. Someone here mentioned that Kate Gosselin's mainstream Christian sister and brother in law had a blog where they asking for donations to adopt.

I wouldn't mind donating money to a couple that I knew well and in my own real life. I would never adopt to Kendull or any other hardcore fundie that wants to adopt. I do think some of Kendull's fangirls will come through for her and she will get a lot of money from them. Her friends and relatives will also help her out. Another thing with me, is that I would be more likely to donate to a couple who doesn't have kids or maybe only has 1 or 2 kids.

Archived